Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 04:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and 427S/C
Not Ranked     
Default Contemporary Classic Forum Now here!

Many thanks to Brent and CC for allowing us to share our cars and ideas in the greatest forum available for our hobby. Club Cobra

As many of you know there are many Contemporary Classic Motorcars still on the road and some even in storage, that is a shame. We have not been able to communicate as a group until last year when the CCX Owners group was formed. Now we have an additional site for thoughts, ideas, and help. If you own a CCX please post within this forum so we have reference now and into the future.

Once again thanks to Brent!
Enjoy these cars as they are cheaper than a shrink and a whole bunch more fun.

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 10-04-2007 at 05:52 AM..
Old 10-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Congratulations to all CCX owners. Special thanks to Jeff and the guys at CC.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 10-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Thanks Jeff and Brent! Nice to have a "home".
Old 10-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Aaaaah the warm comfy feeling of home! Thanks guys for your previous efforts and in advance for some of the good stuff we'll no doubt get out here.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX-34201
Not Ranked     
Default Woohhoo!!!

Very Nice... Thanks Jeff and Club Cobra !!!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary 482 all aluminum Tunnelport Self built and owned since 1980 frame#0000017 and owner of frame CCX 33961 looking for an FIA body to go with it
Not Ranked     

Thanks to Jeff for all his hard work on getting us a spot among the other manufacturers forums and thanks to Brent for allowing us to become part of it. I know we will be putting this forum to good use,

Thanks Again!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic Motor Car; 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Here we go! Well done Jeff and Brent...... Message to Dave Bates... Dave it wasn't the Voltage Regulator... Still got the smell when rolling... Help! anyone got any other ideas?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary 482 all aluminum Tunnelport Self built and owned since 1980 frame#0000017 and owner of frame CCX 33961 looking for an FIA body to go with it
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrod1927
Here we go! Well done Jeff and Brent...... Message to Dave Bates... Dave it wasn't the Voltage Regulator... Still got the smell when rolling... Help! anyone got any other ideas?
Streetrod you might want to repost your problem here for advice.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic Motor Car; 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Heres my problem.... I get a strange smell while driving and especially when there is a cross wind. It smells like burning hair (best way I can explain it). It is not a brake or clutch smell, It isn't like a wire or plastic type smell that would be common if a wire was touching something hot. A good friend and expert mechanic who assembles SPF's and is a Ford master mechanic drove the car and smelled it as well (so I'm not imagining it) and could not determine what it is or where it is coming from. He thought it might be coming from the heater box, so we taped all open areas shut...Still the smell. Dave Bates had a similar smell and it turned out to be the Voltage regulator. I checked and sniffed around that area and no smell, leak etc. was noticed. I am baffled....Has anyone experienced this? I am running a 427 side-oiler.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gulf GT40 CAV137, Cobra ERA286
Not Ranked     

Hey this is cool! Finally feel like we are really part of the group. THANKS BRENT!

Hey Ralph, Not the v-reg, huh? Trying to think of anything that could leave as putrid a smell as burning hair. I'll tell you, the reg on my car really smelled BAD. Almost noxious. You're sure it's not clutch or maybe the ebrake hanging up a bit? Sure a top wrench would have recognized the smell if it were. Have you tested the alternator for charge voltage and maybe tested the grounds, motor to chassis. My biggest concern would be any electrical issue. An hour or so with a DVM and you should be able to get a handle on that. Good luck!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE 427
Not Ranked     

Nice work guys! I was wondering who knows the best website/sites for contemporary parts and accessories?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrod1927
Heres my problem.... I get a strange smell while driving and especially when there is a cross wind. It smells like burning hair (best way I can explain it). It is not a brake or clutch smell, It isn't like a wire or plastic type smell that would be common if a wire was touching something hot.
What ignition system are you running? Can you smell it with the car just idling in the driveway, or is it only when the car is in motion? Have you checked the insulation on the wiring harness behind the dash, in particular the Volt/Amp guage wiring (don't ask how I know this one)?

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-06-2007, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.nel
Nice work guys! I was wondering who knows the best website/sites for contemporary parts and accessories?
The company is gone with the wind...

There were no unique parts or accessories for Contemporary cars. Most parts are available through aftermarket Cobra suppliers.

The only parts unique to a Contemporary Cobra were:

Body
Frame
uprights
Old 10-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

jeff.nel what parts are you looking for?
streetrod1927 are you cooking carpet underfelt perhaps near exhaust.
Doug (Oliver) we'd already adopted ya it's just a little more official and public now.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and 427S/C
Not Ranked     

Jeff,

Many parts are Jaguar, I have great luck with SNG Barrett. Perhaps because they are down the street from me. Other harder to find custom work might be fabricated by Mickmate (Nick). He does a great job and is planning to work with Doug and I on floor mounted pedal box, new gas tank, and possibly Coilover front end. Always something brewing here! he already makes a great roll bar for CCX Cars and others.

What parts are you trying to source Jeff? Start a new thread with parts in the title. That way we can not only get CCX guys but also the support of all the talented guys and gals in this hobby.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, 427 SO
Not Ranked     
Default Radius Rods for Jag Rearend

I have an early Contemporary with a Jag Rearend with no Watts Linkage. I would like to install radius rods from each wheel to a central location on the frame. If anyone has any good photos on the install and the wheel attachment, please help. I have had my Contemporary for 11 years and it has been great. I look forward to more chat on our cars on this site.

Thanks,

Len
Old 10-06-2007, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary frame, Midstates kevlar body, Aluminum Shelby 427, G-force T-5
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX
Jeff,

Other harder to find custom work might be fabricated by Mickmate (Nick). He does a great job and is planning to work with Doug and I on floor mounted pedal box, new gas tank,
I am definitely interested in a floor mounted pedal assembly, possibly a fuel tank, (depending upon material, capacity, and configuration), and any info or detailed pics on radiator/installation.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have more detailed pics of radiator upgrade, drop me an email. I thought I had sent that out to you before? This is why this site is so powerful. The information transfer is great. I did post the instructions in our forum page under its own thread..

Len,
Great to have you aboard. Post pics of your car in your gallery. We would all like to see it. I planned a similar upgrade with Mickmate we have talked about it. Drop him an email, he may have some ideas that will allow it to work.

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 10-06-2007 at 07:31 PM..
Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary frame, Midstates kevlar body, Aluminum Shelby 427, G-force T-5
Not Ranked     

Yes, I had seen all of your info on upgrading the radiator, but I am starting from ground zero, no radiator, brackets, mounts, etc., anything to upgrade from. I kind of have an idea how to mount from looking at ERAs site, but all of that will have to be fabricated. What is the recommended radiator size? I have a 28" wide X 18.5" tall. It will fit snug between the front frame, but may be able to make it work. Thanks
Old 10-07-2007, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE 427
Not Ranked     
Default Parts

I need a larger gas tank. Mine is from a 80's Mustang and only has a 14 gallon capacity. I'd like longer range between fill ups. Also maybe interested in seats. Not much support left in mine. I'd also like a cover for the passenger side for driving in colder weather. Any ideas? I purchased new side wind deflectors as one of mine has a crack from Finish Line and found they won't clear my sideviews, which are mounted on the doors. That's when I realized maybe the Contemporary is more unique than the other replicas. Thanks in advance for any advice.