Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrmustang

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Does anyone have a photo of the location of the frame number on a Contemporary

I know my CCX has a frame number, I jotted it down when I first got the car. I have since painted the frame and now I can't find it. I need a photo of it and I have scraped half the frame it seems from the rear lower control arm back and can't find the number. Does anyone have a photo of exactly where it is? Or at least a detailed desription based upon a known point like the front or real lower control arm mount, the motor mount, or something else? Is it on top of the frame or on the side? I don't want to keep blindly scraping down the whole drivers side of the frame looking for it. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2022, 02:26 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

If you know what the number is, why don't you just tap the numbers back in on the frame in a convenient location instead of hunting for the old location? The number will be the same either way and you won't tear up the lovely finish that you applied.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

As I remember it its just to the rear of the left lower front A-arm.
On the 4" tube.

Why dont you just sell it in US, is it really worth the exporting BS?
Old 01-03-2022, 03:45 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX View Post
As I remember it its just to the rear of the left lower front A-arm.
On the 4" tube.

Why dont you just sell it in US, is it really worth the exporting BS?
I concur, there are plenty of people here in the US searching for a high quality ERA/Contemporary. Does not really matter how it is titled, if they like what they see, and the car is priced right for what it is, it will sell, sometimes in hours, even days, or weeks are not a big deal.

My advice, just get the car titled as it was in the state you moved from, and be done with it. If you choose to keep it and actually drive it, great, if not, then you can sell it. Yes, it really is that simple.

Bill S.

PS: Take great pictures, maybe a start up video, write a matter of fact list of what the car has, and price it accordingly. My red Contemporary sat on the market for a week, until I had time to take better pictures, and a cold start video, once I did, it sold in less than an hour, and there were two other people waiting in line for it hoping the original purchaser backed out.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-03-2022, 03:49 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Wait a minute... I don't even see where he talks about selling?
Old 01-03-2022, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Question about selling an older build eligable for overseas sale
Old 01-03-2022, 04:24 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Alright, then I agree with the both of you. But you know, sometimes 767J doesn't listen to good advice....
Old 01-03-2022, 04:43 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
Alright, then I agree with the both of you. But you know, sometimes 767J doesn't listen to good advice....
Because he would not paint his car dark silver with black stripes like yours

You really do miss Evan

Old 01-03-2022, 04:47 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Because he would not paint his car dark silver with black stripes like yours
Not silver; beige. But Walt at CCC was shocked when it came out of the gun and said it should have been called "champagne pewter." When I first told him I wanted him to paint it beige he said "Jeez Pat, I'll do whatever you pay me to but why don't you think it over some more and then we'll talk again?"
Old 01-03-2022, 08:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not selling the car!!!! At no point did I say I was selling the car.
After all these years of trying to get it done, selling is the last thing on my mind right now. However, just like all of you, one day it'll be for sale. I have no intention of being buried in this car. That said, it makes sense to me to leave all options open for both a domestic and an overseas sale. I don't see a downside in that. As long as I'm getting it titled anyway, why not try to do it in a way that leaves all options open when selling time finally does come, whenever that may be.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Yup, and the VERY first line in that post that says: "I have absolutely no plans whatsoever at this time to sell my Cobra." Geez.....
Old 01-03-2022, 08:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Quote:
You should have stayed with your first answer.

As for your second comment, not sure what you're talking about.

Last edited by 767Jockey; 01-03-2022 at 08:41 PM..
Old 01-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

By the way, for those who may be looking for this in the future on a search - my cars stamped numbers are stamped on the top surface of the main frame tube about 4" aft of the front of the main frame tube. That seems to be the case on torsion bar cars. On coilover cars, the number is located on the outside of the main frame tube between the front and rear mounting points on the lower control arm.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:55 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
By the way, for those who may be looking for this in the future on a search - my cars stamped numbers are stamped on the top surface of the main frame tube about 4" aft of the front of the main frame tube. That seems to be the case on torsion bar cars. On coilover cars, the number is located on the outside of the main frame tube between the front and rear mounting points on the lower control arm.
Sorry to go off topic, or misconstrue your intentions.

I will add though, since you vaguely brought it up with your response, if the car has been titled previously, due to federal database access, attempting to retitle as "something else" is usually a path few want to travel due the to intense scrutiny that comes with it and the cars history under your name/SS# in some cases. Again, it's like trying to reinvent the wheel.

Bill S.
FredG likes this.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I understand, Bill, and as always I appreciate your assistance and experience. I just wanted to set the record straight that I have no intention at this time to sell the car. I'm just trying to plan a bit for down the road when that eventually happens to have as many options as possible when the time comes.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:55 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
I just wanted to set the record straight that I have no intention at this time to sell the car. I'm just trying to plan a bit...
Well that's good to hear. One thing I wonder about when it comes to the Cobra market is when the major auto manufacturers completely abandon gasoline powered for EV cars. Ehhhh, what the heck I'll probably be pushing up daisies by the time that happens.

Last edited by patrickt; 01-05-2022 at 06:53 PM..
Old 01-07-2022, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Sorry to go off topic, or misconstrue your intentions.

I will add though, since you vaguely brought it up with your response, if the car has been titled previously, due to federal database access, attempting to retitle as "something else" is usually a path few want to travel due the to intense scrutiny that comes with it and the cars history under your name/SS# in some cases. Again, it's like trying to reinvent the wheel.

Bill S.
I was wondering about this because my cobra was previously/currently titled as ccx3228….instead of ccx33228….. I was going to attempt to fix it with DMV but may not be worth the headache or can of worms.