Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     
Default Sweet CCX for sale

This is one sweet ride!
CCX3-3753

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...em350000515024
Attached Images

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 01-15-2008 at 05:28 PM..
Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Jeff Wilson asked be to bump: NO LONGER ON EABY

1966 Cobra 427 Le Mans Recreation finished in Ford Racing Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes. Weighing just 2,450 lbs, the performance is staggering with a 0-60mph sprint of just 3.6 seconds! Built to race in HSR / NASA, this Cobra was professionally assembled to be more brutal than the Original Factory Race Cars. The chassis was completed in 1996 Contemporary Motor Works. Contemporary Motor Works made over 4000 cobra's. As a manufactured replica it is titled as a 1965 Ford coupe and I run Vintage plates on it. The engine is brand new with just 700 miles on it. It is custom-built 427 Side Oiler engine (rated at 620 HP and 580 ft-lb of torque) by Ford Racing legend Jeff Lawrence. It is mated to a T&S Motorworks prepared Road Racing Tremec 5-speed manual transmission. The Vintage Racing Team of Donovan Motorsports was called upon to fabricate and install an Aluminum Cobra Independent Rear Suspension with dual coil over springs along with a set of 3:73 gears and Locking Differential. 15 inch Wilwood Disc Brakes create the stopping power and period correct Goodyear Racing Tires are wrapped around Halibrand Style Knockoff Wheels. The entire chassis including the Roll Cage has been reinforced yet retains the correct vintage look. A Racing Windscreen, Full Racing Harnesses, and a custom ATL Fuel Cell complete the Racing Package. A orignal windshield is also included in the sale. With the recent changes in engine, trans and suspension, over $110,000 as been spent on this car. I love it and only selling to purchase a race car for my son. You are welcome to view and hear the car if you wish at my home. I can be reached at Jswilson87@comcast.net or 262-313-7809. This car is great on the street and track with custom made 950cfm carb, recently turning a 2:32 at Road America before I drove it home.
Located 30mi north of Chicago

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 06-29-2008 at 09:14 AM..
Old 06-29-2008, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the help Jeff, if there is someone out there with a nice CSR or DSR racecar we might be able to trade. This is the SCCA class my son will move to next year...I hope

Jeff Wilson
Old 07-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Update: 1/4 mile performance this past weekend was 10.87 on the first run. That is some serious get up and go!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic Motor Car; 427 S/O
Not Ranked     
Default 10.87 Et

Awesome........ That is serious business... How does the new front brake setup work? Did you use the solid stock jag rotors with the wilwood calipers? What is the min. the Jag rotor can be machined and still be safe?

Ralph
Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default CCX3-3753 for sale

I just traded a GT1/BP Vintage Corvette race car for this Cobra in June so I can't help with any answers to how it was built. I did go over every nut and bolt on the car before driving it though, so I am starting to get to know it....at least 50 were loose....

I have had it out on two road courses along with the single run at the drag strip (please don't ask about the reaction time, there is slow and then there's me glad it does not count in the ET). It came within a couple of seconds of my Vette times on the road course tracks, going through the corners much faster. I was also able to get deeper into the braking zones because of it being 700 lbs lighter than the Vette. The only place the Vette was better is in the exits of the corners. The vette had a 730hp small block with 14 to 1 compression, nothing beat that car out of the corners.

This is the first Ford and the first big block I have had and I am having some fun with it. The bad news for this group is that I traded the vette to get a more marketable car to sell or trade for a race car for my son. I have had quite a bit more activity on the Cobra, much more than the Vette. No serious offers yet though.

A hint to the fun I am having as long as I have it....I took it to the chassis shop today to get improve the roll bar and have a twin built for it.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     

Been in the game for a lot of years. A great way to go. SCCA can be a pain like all sanctioning bodies but do a great job. There are a lot of "rent a ride" programs available which, in the long run, are cheaper than buying and offer coaching as well. Good luck. It's fun to live a dream.
John

Last edited by double ugly; 07-07-2008 at 05:13 PM..
Old 07-07-2008, 06:19 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Did you trade for this car from a Porsche/Lotus dealer in New York as the car looks familiar.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswilson87 View Post
A hint to the fun I am having as long as I have it....I took it to the chassis shop today to get improve the roll bar and have a twin built for it.
Are you talking about putting a second passenger side rollbar on the car? You may want to rethink that. There are some guys who find that appealing, but overall you will be severely limiting the market for a car you are trying to sell, as the majority of potential buyers will not like that. For every one that likes it, there will be many many more who will not. It's a beautiful car - don't screw it up!

Now, for the howls of protest from the small but vocal dual rollbar crowd......
Old 07-08-2008, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

the dealer in NY where the owner had it for sale is called Hunting Ridge Motors....if that is where you saw it, it is the same car..although I have made some improvements since I have had it.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswilson87 View Post
the dealer in NY where the owner had it for sale is called Hunting Ridge Motors....if that is where you saw it, it is the same car..although I have made some improvements since I have had it.
Yup, same car...My advice, keep the single rollbar.........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 07-14-2008, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello All,

The dual roll bars were nicely installed, he sent me a picture of it. Although I agree it's not quite as appealing, the stock single roll bars are not really functional with the possible exception of Unique motorcars from my understanding. The single roll bar is great right up to the point you grind the face off your trophy wife or girl friend...not pretty.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 07-25-2008, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just a quick update on my car for sale in the name of honesty. I had it dyno tuned this week on a chassis dyno and as I suspected the engine does not make the 620hp as advertised my the prevoius owner and myself as I copied his ad. I have owned two gt1 cars, a BP vintage corvette, a formula alantic and a 650hp street 67 corvette. I sold or traded each of these cars with all the info I knew and each owner has been very happy. I would like to keep that reputation. My Cobra (still for sale) dyno'ed at 409 rear wheel HP on a 94 degree day with 60% humidty. I would take a guess that the motor would make about 525hp or so on a engine dyno in a controlled enviroment. Still more than enough for this car. It did gain almost 40hp through the tuning and runs more smoothly.

I also learned that the rear end suspenson would cost 15 to 18K to build today. I can attest to the handling after two track events. I will have the car at Road America on 8/15 and 8/16 if any prospective buyer would like to go for a ride. It now has professionally installed dual roll bars (2k).

Jeff Jswilson87@comcast.net
Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

I notice the roll bar is tall. Is that the "correct" height? My SPF roll bar is much smaller

tks
Old 07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The picture of the car has the old roll bar, I lowered the new rollbars (2) by 2" and it is still 1.5" over my helmet, I am 5"11". I would post a picture, but don't know how to do so on the forum, if you would like to see a picture, email me.

Not sure why the old one was so tall, I thought it looked kind of odd.

Jeff

Jswilson87@comcast.net
Old 09-05-2008, 03:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

New price 45K, just put new BB tires on.

Jeff
Jswilson87@comcast.net
Old 09-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

This car is now priced as a bargain!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sold and on it's way to Europe....new car on it's way
Old 10-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Congrats Jeff, sorry to see you leave the group....
Be sure the new owner keeps in touch as they will now be in the CCX frat.