Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Coupe Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/coupe-talk/)
-   -   New Daytona Coupe Book (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/coupe-talk/143529-new-daytona-coupe-book.html)

1ntCobra 04-26-2020 06:25 PM

New Daytona Coupe Book

I just saw that there is a new Daytona Coupe book and Pete Brock is selling 100 of a special edition signed plaque version.

https://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mv...ory_Code=books

t walgamuth 04-28-2020 09:26 AM

I just bought one. Thanks for the heads up!

my427cobra 04-30-2020 07:28 AM

Thanks 1ntCobra. I got one too.

Cheers
Greg

Trubble 04-30-2020 09:38 AM

Thanks, 1nt:

Ordered one Sunday evening! Looking forward to getting it. Maybe one day, I'll trade up to a Coupe. I really appreciate the history of those cars, and what Brock and Shelby did with them.

Bill

t walgamuth 04-30-2020 02:53 PM

Absolutely cool! I hope to shake Pete's hand one of these days.

twobjshelbys 04-30-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t walgamuth (Post 1475817)
Absolutely cool! I hope to shake Pete's hand one of these days.

He used to come every Saturday to the Vegas Cars and Coffee (I stopped going a few years ago, he still may). There were a few people that knew who he was but by and large he was just a guy with a Coupe that bore his name (the Brock Coupe is different from the Superformance (now Shelby CSX9000) series cars and he continues to build a few). For those of us that knew him he always had stories.

NROTOXIN 04-30-2020 07:50 PM

I ordered mine on the 26th and received it today. I got #094 plus Pete autographed the following page. The receipt was autographed also thanking me for the purchase. By the way, very nice book with a s**t load of pictures.

Chicagowil 05-01-2020 05:03 AM

I just tried to get one- they are sold out with his signature!

Thom

AndrewB 05-02-2020 02:10 PM

#092 got delivered. Fantastic book and signed receipt as well. A nice addition to the collection!

my427cobra 05-02-2020 03:06 PM

I just received 093. Looking forward to reading it.

Cheers
Greg

twobjshelbys 05-02-2020 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Missed this one, dang it! I have a signed copy of the "Cobra Daytona Coupe CSX 2601" book that was done for the Mecum auction of 2601. I also got it signed by a bunch of the other Shelby crew at one of the fundraisers. One of my favorite Shelby memorabilia.

Attachment 34541

Attachment 34542

t walgamuth 05-03-2020 06:08 AM

So Pete drives a coupe around? Is it a replica, if so which one?

NRP/MN 05-03-2020 06:58 AM

I just ordered a copy (not signed) on Amazon. I am more interested in the content than the autographs.

Bricklayer 05-03-2020 07:07 AM

Got mine on Amazon also, without signature. I have Pete's signature on a BRE hat and also his Corvette book. Really nice guy.

twobjshelbys 05-03-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t walgamuth (Post 1475939)
So Pete drives a coupe around? Is it a replica, if so which one?

Pete's car is a "Brock Coupe". He has his own variant that is produced by, you guessed it, Hi-Tech. It's different from the Superformance (now Shelby CSX9000).

Of most important trivia is that he has a LS3 engine in it.

t walgamuth 05-03-2020 07:52 PM

Well it is hard to miss with an LS motor.

I got my signed copy today, #97 of 100 offered, thanks to being given a heads up here! I just spent an hour looking at pictures and just reading captions. I'm about 1/5 through it on that basis. I plan to come back and read it all.

t walgamuth 05-05-2020 11:16 AM

I got #97 the other day. Am buried in it. A huge resource with a massive amount of information and pictures. I love the story of the Daytona coupe. Peter being so young and relatively inexperienced, yet his genius shone through!

I don't understand, frankly why the coupes aren't worth more than a GTO. They beat it back in the day!

1ntCobra 05-07-2020 09:54 AM

I got number 91 a few days ago. It’s a nice big book with lots of pictures. I read the first couple chapters last night and it is well written too. Hopefully I will learn something new.

1795 05-14-2020 07:42 AM

Just got mine, too late for the signed copy but pre-ordered it from Amazon and got it for $60 with shipping and tax so I am happy with that. Going to do a slow read at night, as I have to stat getting the car ready for this years race season now that it is starting to get warmer.

Jim

t walgamuth 04-17-2022 03:00 PM

One day perhaps 800 will be a deal. I am not sure what I paid for my signed copy but it seems a bargain.