Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     
Default #775 Comes Home

#775 arrived at her new home yesterday...

Next step is to go through the NJ inspection process. I've already filed the paperwork and am now waiting to hear from them to schedule the inspection.

Ray
Old 04-20-2010, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

nice job!...looks great worth the wait!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

Congratulations !! Looks phenomenal .... and you probably can`t wait to get it on the road , can you ?

Bob
Old 04-20-2010, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the congrats!

No I can't, but of course have to go thru the whole motor vehicle process which makes it painful. Will need to rent a trailer, etc. I will say that it's been a fun journey thus far, and really can't say enough about the guys at ERA - they have been terrific.

-Ray
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Ray ... At last !!!

Looks awesome and now it's home and ready to roll. Must be a great feeling to finally have your car, in your garage!

Hopefully the NJ registration process won't be too much hassle, but once you are done with that, then the fun really begins. Congratulations
Old 04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Yes, it's a pretty exciting day. And it's been a longggg build. So long as you've got insurance, I'd just take it out and drive it even without registration. Most cops would cut you a break if you could show them that it just arrived today.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

Congratulations! Looks like some crummy weather this weekend. You will have plenty of great drive time to enjoy. The anticipation of the registration process is usually worse than the process itself. The ooo's and aaah's start with the first inspection. Enjoy!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Yes, it's a pretty exciting day. And it's been a longggg build. So long as you've got insurance, I'd just take it out and drive it even without registration. Most cops would cut you a break if you could show them that it just arrived today.
It's been like 18 months or thereabouts. Wow, that's along time. Congrats on getting it home. Best of luck and enjoy.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks so much for the congrats, while it has been some time since the build first started, the results are well worth it; I am really impressed by the ERA build. Everyone here has also been great in answering my endless questions and taking progress pics for me and all your efforts continue to be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have any tips for trailering it to motor vehicles for inspection?

-Ray
Old 04-20-2010, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Looks even better in your driveway than at ERA! Congratulations!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 - #783
Not Ranked     

Looks good Ray - just in time for the good spring weather... and good luck with the NJ registration.

ERA Registry Map

If you have an ERA and want to be listed, contact me with your info and I'll put it up. The minimum info I need is chassis number and location. The rest is up to you. The most information needed would be: chassis number, body type, city, name, CC nickname, and email address.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
Looks good Ray - just in time for the good spring weather... and good luck with the NJ registration.

My date for inspection is May 28, so it looks like she will be a garage queen for a few more weeks.

-Ray
Old 04-25-2010, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 - #783
Not Ranked     

Holy crap, one month for inspection? Does it have to be inspected by the DMV or are there certified mechanics that can do it?

ERA Registry Map

If you have an ERA and want to be listed, contact me with your info and I'll put it up. The minimum info I need is chassis number and location. The rest is up to you. The most information needed would be: chassis number, body type, city, name, CC nickname, and email address.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
Holy crap, one month for inspection? Does it have to be inspected by the DMV or are there certified mechanics that can do it?
The way it works in NJ is that one has to take it to one of three special inspection stations for the initial inspection to have the vehicle deemed 'road worthy', and of course there is a wait list. From what I have heard from others, this is the typical wait.

Regular inspections can be done at one of the regular state inspection stations or privately.

-Ray
Old 05-03-2010, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on the arrival. Good luck with the NJ process. Hope you've got it on the road soon. In the meantime put a TV monitor in the garage with your favorite race on the screen (volume muted) and run the car like a video game!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
Congratulations on the arrival. Good luck with the NJ process. Hope you've got it on the road soon. In the meantime put a TV monitor in the garage with your favorite race on the screen (volume muted) and run the car like a video game!

Thanks Warren, I'm hopeful that all will go well with the inspection and I will be driving it before too long.

How is your car doing?

-Ray
Old 05-05-2010, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

Mine has been great. Took it up and back to Wilmington, DE from here last Saturday and hope to do a Skyline Drive cruise this Saturday in Western VA (as opposed to West VA!).