Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   ERA ad idea: IE: I'm so unloved these days (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/104816-era-ad-idea-ie-im-so-unloved-these-days.html)

patrickt 06-03-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1055623)
I'm not so sure the original CSX3000's came with the tri-bar headlights. ;)

Possibly so, but I got them purely for the coolness factor.:cool:

RodKnock 06-03-2010 02:39 PM

Just thinking back to those pictures of the ERA factory posted way back when, during some the recent CC members' builds, nearly all the new ERA's being built were some shade of medium-to-dark blue. In fact, there was comment posted by the ERA folks stating that this was the most blue ERA's that they had in the shop at the same time ever. Sorta tells you where the market is, in terms of color. At least a snapshot.

badrich 06-03-2010 03:37 PM

Tri-bars *are* cool. :MECOOL: At least I like mine, and I *do* get compliments on them. Rich

patrickt 06-03-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badrich (Post 1055641)
Tri-bars *are* cool. :MECOOL:

Pusher fans, too....

badrich 06-03-2010 03:52 PM

With all due respect, Patrick, I'm a puller enthusiast, pushers just get in the way of the air flow. Just my opinion, mind you. :o Rich

ZOERA-SC7XX 06-03-2010 06:52 PM

Install new black carpet, detail the engine compartment, invert the tires to blackwall, and raise the price to 55k or best offer. Get some public exposure at shows and cruises where buyers may hang out looking for their next honey. Good luck.

PatBuckley 06-03-2010 09:11 PM

AGREED!

Also lower it.

RAO-3 06-04-2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1055628)
Just thinking back to those pictures of the ERA factory posted way back when, during some the recent CC members' builds, nearly all the new ERA's being built were some shade of medium-to-dark blue. In fact, there was comment posted by the ERA folks stating that this was the most blue ERA's that they had in the shop at the same time ever. Sorta tells you where the market is, in terms of color. At least a snapshot.

From what Peter at ERA told me, in recent times blue was first, then red in terms of number of cars. But during my (many) visits up there, I did see cars of all colors and did see a number of green cars there as well.

Some would say that blue is desirable, but others may think they see too many blue Cobras, and want something in a different color.

-Ray

cscobra 06-04-2010 06:50 AM

I last visited ERA three years ago. At that time, I was impressed by the many silver/silver gray/titanium cars in evidence.

SunDude 06-04-2010 10:53 AM

Bill,

Obviously this is a fairly early ERA, but exactly when (month and year) was the car first completed and registered for the road?

If it was more than 15 years ago, have you thought about trying to sell it in Canada?

Do you have some government-issued paperwork -- ideally a state title showing it as a "1988 Cobra kit" or something like that -- to prove its age to Canada Customs?

It's not a big Cobra market up here in the Great White North, but there is a dearth of high-quality replicas like ERAs. You might find stronger prices up here than down in the U.S., where these cars are relatively plentiful.

Also, what channels are you using to promote the car in the U.S., besides Club Cobra? Are you bringing it 'round to car shows with a big "For Sale" sign on it? You might be able to get people more excited about it if they can see (and hear) it in person.

Food for thought...

mrmustang 06-04-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDude (Post 1055837)
Bill,

Obviously this is a fairly early ERA, but exactly when (month and year) was the car first completed and registered for the road?

If it was more than 15 years ago, have you thought about trying to sell it in Canada?

Do you have some government-issued paperwork -- ideally a state title showing it as a "1988 Cobra kit" or something like that -- to prove its age to Canada Customs?

It's not a big Cobra market up here in the Great White North, but there is a dearth of high-quality replicas like ERAs. You might find stronger prices up here than down in the U.S., where these cars are relatively plentiful.

Also, what channels are you using to promote the car in the U.S., besides Club Cobra? Are you bringing it 'round to car shows with a big "For Sale" sign on it? You might be able to get people more excited about it if they can see (and hear) it in person.

Food for thought...

Finished and initially titled in January of 1988 in Florida, but retitled per PA state regulations three years ago (no year listed on the title,emissions excempt). Not sure how Canada would treat it at the border, I would suggest any Canadian buyer do their own due diligence before purchasing the car.

Bill S.

RodKnock 06-05-2010 07:54 PM

Bill, nice job on the black carpet. I like the two-toned interior very much. Good pics.

tkb289 06-05-2010 11:17 PM

Looks much better ... maybe turn off the date function on the camera and re-shoot the same photos, then put that baby on Cobra Country :D

FIA-ERA 06-06-2010 12:13 AM

I hope the shoe polish doesn't come off when it gets wet! HaHa! It does look a lot better and better photos. I still think a good afternoon detailing the engine compartment, the underside (especially the green overspray on the front suspension!) and the rear end would go a LONG way to freshening up all those miles. Just my thoughts as I see them. Good luck Bill

zzmac 06-06-2010 06:03 AM

I'll through in my 2 cents worth. Change the whole interior to black. The tan interior will substantially lower the number of potential buyers. Add the cost to the selling price and widen your audience.

dcdoug 06-06-2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzmac (Post 1056151)
I'll through in my 2 cents worth. Change the whole interior to black. The tan interior will substantially lower the number of potential buyers. Add the cost to the selling price and widen your audience.

I think the black looks better and would agree that changing the seats to black and raising the price is a good idea. That will give you a better chance of someone saying yes to one of the few cars (only?) for sale that has a tunnelport.

mrmustang 06-06-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIA-ERA (Post 1056123)
I hope the shoe polish doesn't come off when it gets wet!

Shoe polish is so old school. I went out and bought a case of permanent black magic markers and went to town :JEKYLHYDE:rolleyes::LOL:

Bill S.

PS: I have a mid 90's Jag at the shop right now, black carpets, tan leather seats and door panels, oh yeah, British racing green exterior, looks pretty good.........Think I'll keep it the way it is for now, at my price point, someone else can have the seats recovered if they want to fry their behinds, I prefer mine lukewarm ;)