Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2001, 07:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I'm back and I'm Baaad...

In spite of me cowering in a remote cave with branches covering me, the guys have found me and brought me back to work. I will be here (at least in body) for the foreseeable future.

P.S. I got a tan in between rain showers. and managed to regain my past glory, squeeking out a win in Master's (over 40) Short Racing class - the boating equivalent of Formula One. Surprised the heck out of me!

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 08-23-2001, 07:55 AM
Ed Digges
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #328 w/ 390FE
Not Ranked     

Welcome back Bob! Congrats on the win! I am sure that you will be pretty busy for awhile answering all the threads from TURK! His car is looking pretty cool!
Later
Ed
Old 08-23-2001, 09:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Bob,

IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!

Geeeshhhh.....Now stop paddling around in some little pond and get back to work. Everyday I go out and drive and think that I won a masters this or masters that. Those whitewaters you encountered were merely the wake from some power boat.

But sinse you feel all rested up, how about working on some cars so that you guys can get to my car soon!!!!!

Glad you had a good trip and enjoy your daily trip with Peter.
Old 08-23-2001, 04:48 PM
289 FIA Fan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Welcome Back

Bob,

Congradulations on your win - hope you also had fun!

Great to see you back. Now we will get some information about ERA cars, other than Turk's
Old 08-23-2001, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra 427 so, Holman Moody dual 4v
Not Ranked     
Post Shifter for Hurst....

Welcome back to the real world Bob.....hope your all rested, you will need it to catch up.

I finally got the itch sooo bad.....could't wait for an ERA and bought a former turn key EM. Maybe I won't mind the wait on the next one 'cause i'll have the EM to drive.

Anyway...do you guys sell a shifter lever for a top loader with Hurst linkage?

Thanks......melzer
Old 08-23-2001, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold ERA #377-still own 6S2293 & 6S1773
Not Ranked     

Hey Bob,

I thought you were taking a long time to repy to my E-mail.I didn't get a memo that you would be out for a while,and I know I didn't sign off on anything!

Seriously though,thanks for your solution on the dimmer relay.I wasn't making any new friends with my high-beams on all the time.

I'm glad to here the Boy's gave you a little time off for some R&R.Everyone needs a little break in the action. Come to think of it , I've got a little time comming next week myself - Myrtle Beach. I'm no golfer so any spare time I have wil be looking for that almost perfect GT-350.

Thanks again -G
Old 08-24-2001, 04:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Melzer,

We weld a horizontal plate on the Hurst that the stock (bent) lever bolts to. (Sentence ends in preposition, but who's keeping track...)

Last edited by Bob Putnam; 08-24-2001 at 06:37 AM..
Old 08-24-2001, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

You take off for playing in water, I work my tail off finishing my car, and keeping your forum going . Now that you are back, how about a solution to MY problems!

I am tired of having a dead battery. I keep leaving some thing ON al the time, and running my battery. Why? Because there is no idiot lights or buzzers going on when I leave my ignition on and walk away from the car.
I am not saying that I am an "idiot", others have done it more eloquently that I ever could.

If you get a chance, can you give it some thought as to where I can hook up a little Radio Shack buzzer so that it will buzz when left on but will stop once the car is running. It doesn't have to be a buzzer, it could be chimes.

TURK
ps.Welcome back.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

...and Peter's sentences usually end in a proposition.

Mort MacTavish

PS: Turk, did you order the special Portante mirror option? You know, the one on a stick so that you can check under the car before getting in and driving off?

Last edited by Jim Holden; 08-24-2001 at 07:27 AM..
Old 08-24-2001, 09:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,

Good one! You got any of those?

Tom T.
Old 08-24-2001, 10:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk,

I haven't forgotten you. (After all - who could? ) Unfortunately, the solution seems to be avoiding me. Reminds me of an old girlfriend...