Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     
Default ERA FIA for sale at Carlisle this past weekend..

Anyone know who had the BRG ERA FIA for sale at Carlisle this weekend? It was in the row behind the grandstands opposite the food concessions. I didn't see a price on it when I was looking at it...then on my way home, I began to wish I had spoken to the owner, or at least, took the number down that was on the windscreen. Can anyone help me with identifying the owner??

Thanks in advance,

- Allen.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Allen,

I was not at the show (it's a bit of a drive for me ), but give Peter at ERA a call.

I would bet that the owner probably stopped by and visited their display and might have told Peter or one of the other ERA representatives, that their car was up for sale. That might give you the lead you are looking for. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 148 Nightwatch Blue
Not Ranked     

That sound like it might be Mmustangs ERA, I think the asking price was around 48000. If so you can do a search here to get more info

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthr...72#post2113172

Ron

Last edited by Metal-morphous; 05-24-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Old 05-24-2010, 06:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-morphous View Post
That sound like it might be Mmustangs ERA, I think the asking price was around 48000. If so you can do a search here to get more info

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthr...72#post2113172

Ron
Mine is not an FIA (my friend Marc-Allen's pearl white with green stripe was there, but not for sale any longer). The Green with white stripe (wrong stripe for an FIA ) was parked on the side of the cook building, someone at ffcars posted a dash shot of it. I've asked him if he has the contact information so that it can be posted to this thread.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 05-24-2010, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, guys. The responses are much appreciated.

Carlisle this year was the catalyst that brought me back to this site after a 3yr hiatus (you last visited on April 10th, 2007!!!) LOL.... It was just around that time that my attention was diverted to a Lotus Elise. Beautiful and capable car, but the novelty has worn off and it's time to refocus. As I said in my OP, it wasn't until I was driving home that I mentioned to my dad (who went to the event with me this year) that I couldn't get that car out of my mind.... I've always been a fan of the FIA cars and won't consider any other replica manufacturer besides the ERA examples for obvious reasons. Doing up my own build at the moment is out of the question b/c of balancing my family life (two girls below the ages of 5yrs), so becoming the steward of a nicely built up car is the strategy at the moment.

Anyone want a Lotus Elise?? LOL..

Thanks again. Hopefully we can track this FIA owner down..

- Allen.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:41 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Are you sure you want a 289FIA and not a 427SC ERA

Bill S.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:46 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

This is a shot of the dash from the FIA for sale, you can almost read the telephone number:

724-396-....
Somewhere out in the Pittsburgh, PA area
ERA 2050 I believe.

Last edited by mrmustang; 12-26-2010 at 01:57 PM..
Old 05-24-2010, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for posting the pictures, Bill. Looks like we're getting closer!!

Wonder if the person that took the photos got a shot from the front so we could make out the number a little better? I'll go to ffcars and see if I can dig a little deeper.

I do really like your car and the price is fantastic, but it would just be totally irresponsible of me to step up to that kind of spend. The small block car seems to fit my interests and possibly budget a bit more at present.

1950lbs, 190 hp, and go-kart handling, anyone??? LOL.

Last edited by Fullchat289; 05-24-2010 at 07:14 AM..
Old 05-24-2010, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

PM sent for privacy reasons...
Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

There is a beautiful dark metallic green ERA 289FIA for sale in N Va. Just about every option ERA offers with a 347 Webber equipped engine and TKO 600 trans (0.82). 4K miles. You can see it on the Capital Area Cobra Club (CACC) website.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
There is a beautiful dark metallic green ERA 289FIA for sale in N Va. Just about every option ERA offers with a 347 Webber equipped engine and TKO 600 trans (0.82). 4K miles. You can see it on the Capital Area Cobra Club (CACC) website.
It's also here on the CC website:

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...p?product=2994

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, I'm watching the status of both and seriously dreaming about the one. The Elise I pictured above in post #5 is officially advertized on Autotrader.com and a number of other forum sites I belong to. Hopefully it will find it's new owner soon and I can join the cobra ranks in one of the best replicas available!

- Allen.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     
Default Missing digits...

Hi Allen,
I did a little photo foolery and was able to extract a few more #'s.
I can make out 724-396-432? If the image was a little more hi-res,
I may be able to squeeze the last digit. My guess is that its a 4,
but 10 simple phone calls, and you may have your answer!!

Good luck on the hunt.
Mike.

M. Krause
Old 06-18-2010, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

New guy here, might be a good place to make a first post... I was at Carlisle and got quite a few pics of the ERA cobra in question. May be a little late, but I got a good one of the phone number too... Indeed the last number is a 4.

-Nick

Last edited by troutbum789; 06-18-2010 at 07:03 AM..
Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just wanted to give an update and a big THANK YOU to all those supporting my request in this tread for info, etc. Shortly after posting this thread, I received the contact info I was looking for, made contact with the owner, and made arrangements to see the car. This is a fantastic car and represents ERA quality at it's finest! The owner has done a very good job staying true to a "period correct" formula throughout the build process. It's a very solid car with a great drivetrain. In the end, I moved quickly on another ERA FIA that was advertized on this site as well as the CACC site before the owner relocated to SoCal and took the car with him. In any case, I feel fortunate to be apart of the ERA owners community now and look forward to many enjoyable miles with the car.

Thanks again for all the help given.

- Allen.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:52 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullchat289 View Post
Just wanted to give an update and a big THANK YOU to all those supporting my request in this tread for info, etc. Shortly after posting this thread, I received the contact info I was looking for, made contact with the owner, and made arrangements to see the car. This is a fantastic car and represents ERA quality at it's finest! The owner has done a very good job staying true to a "period correct" formula throughout the build process. It's a very solid car with a great drivetrain. In the end, I moved quickly on another ERA FIA that was advertized on this site as well as the CACC site before the owner relocated to SoCal and took the car with him. In any case, I feel fortunate to be apart of the ERA owners community now and look forward to many enjoyable miles with the car.

Thanks again for all the help given.

- Allen.
Allen,

You really got a great car and at a price almost too good to be true. Congratulations and welcome to "Da Family"

Bill S.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, Bill. I kind of felt we were in a race there for a while, but with a number of FIA's on the market, even ERA FIA's, there appeared to be enough to go around. My elise still has yet to find it's new owner, but I just couldn't let this one go to SoCal...it's that good. I'm still in a dizzy, euphoric, what-the-heck-did-I-just-do?!!, kind of state...

So last night was the realization of a dream I've had for quite some time. My dad has always spoke of the glory days of muscle cars with his own stories of hot rod Fairlanes and Torinos. Allegedly there was a hillclimb in my area and he tells stories of the SBF-powered cobras rockin' the house up the hill. He's always had a soft spot for the cobras, and we've talked on and off about trying to realize it through the build process of a component car. It just so happens that the timing worked out on this one and last night was a special night where I was able to surprise him with "unveiling" the car.

So to set the stage, I got he and my mother lurred to the house last night with the pretense of going out for some ice cream. Just before they arrived, I hid the car at the neighbors and made an excuse of having walk over to get a catalogue from them before we left. They were outside admiring the landscape bed I just put in when my wife took this vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UowHautj-ck

- Allen.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:01 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Allen,

I pulled my ERA off the market (soft pull) for now, I'm enjoying the drive time I've been getting recently....You will as well.......Video wise, priceless, simply priceless.......

Bill S.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wrong post, didn't see the other comments. Newb mistake.

Congrats on the ERA cobra Allen!

Last edited by troutbum789; 06-28-2010 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: deleted
Old 06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Loved the video but Dude, you obviously have no idea how quick those side pipes can burn, keep the kids FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM THEM!!!!. You will appreciate your snakebites overtime, they will not!!!!!