Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   ERA 289FIA 2031 has a new owner (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/108699-era-289fia-2031-has-new-owner.html)

mrmustang 01-16-2011 10:10 AM

ERA 289FIA 2031 has a new owner

That's right, after what seemed like hundreds of emails back and forth with the seller "Adam" (great guy by the way) I've plunked down my cash and bought me a one of a kind ERA 289FIA. Pretty close to what I would have built if Dave Smith had ever decide to produce a 289FIA kit. Competition suspension, Wildwood disk brakes, ERA's outboard disk equipped rear end, HD front and rear upgraded swaybars. Custom 4.6L (yes, a modular in an ERA) motor..........Going to be a nice dual purpose street/track car for me I hope. Due here some time late this month or early next month depending on Intercity Lines being able to get to it on a peninsula north and west of Seattle Washington right after this coming weeks Barrett Jackson auction.

Further details on the car and it's original owner can be found HERE

Can't wait to get my hands on it......

Bill S.

lamaluv 01-16-2011 10:28 AM

Congratulations Bill, now all you have to do is pray for good driving weather by the time she is delivered.
Dick

gsharapa 01-16-2011 10:39 AM

Congrats Bill!

Always been partial to those FIA and that's sure a pretty one. Those 4.6L have lots of potential and pretty bullet proof....

Quik289 01-16-2011 10:48 AM

Congratulations! Now I understand why you sold your ERA427. Are you planning to add an oil cooler? I know you don't really need one, but they help maintain the intimidation factor at the track!

patrickt 01-16-2011 10:57 AM

I've read about that car. Very cool buy.:)

mrmustang 01-16-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quik289 (Post 1103152)
Congratulations! Now I understand why you sold your ERA427. Are you planning to add an oil cooler? I know you don't really need one, but they help maintain the intimidation factor at the track!

Yes, an oil cooler is one of my first add ons, I may end up reinstalling an oil accumulator if I can get some time away from my business to spend at the track. Until I actually get the car here, I won't know if there is anything else (besides adjusting the pedals for my tastes) I may want to change or tweak.

Bill S.

tkb289 01-16-2011 11:07 AM

Bill,

Congratulations! Truly a one of a kind ERA FIA, with one heck of a documented history. Amazing that Bob, Peter and crew were able to get the motor to fit and integrate it so perfectly into the car. But then again, challenging projects like this are what they do so well. Looks like 2031 has quite a number of the ERA upgrades and best of all for you, it's all done and ready to go! All you have to do is wait for the truck to arrive ... the it's time to drive ... Enjoy ! :):)

*13* 01-16-2011 11:16 AM

I remember looking at pics of that car back before my build. Congratulations! Enjoy!

gsharapa 01-16-2011 11:27 AM

Read the story on your link and didn't realize it was a Cobra motor and they did all that work to it. Very cool....

James Stern 01-16-2011 11:36 AM

Bill, You finally got the FIA. I hope it's everything you want. 8,000 RPM:eek:. Look forward to seeing it in person.

Jim

kgs365 01-16-2011 01:54 PM

Bill

great car...congrats about time!

LightNFast 01-16-2011 01:55 PM

1985 CCX 01-16-2011 02:33 PM

Bill

Sweet ride, welcome to the 289 club.

RodKnock 01-16-2011 03:22 PM

So Bill, when are you going to sell it and get a 427? :LOL:

Congrats on the new ride. Looks like a beaut.

marcalan 01-16-2011 03:25 PM

well, well, what do you know...Da Bunnies can stop looking for a 289

Snakebit 01-16-2011 04:00 PM

Congrats Bill, nice FIA! Help pass the SEMA Bill in NJ so they don't bust your stones on registration and emissions.

mrmustang 01-16-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakebit (Post 1103212)
Congrats Bill, nice FIA! Help pass the SEMA Bill in NJ so they don't bust your stones on registration and emissions.

If I was still in NJ I would. I've called and contacted everyone I know in the government in NJ.

Bill S.

dcdoug 01-16-2011 04:11 PM

Great car. Glad to see you finally got it! Come show it off at a CACC event this spring.

Naumoff 01-16-2011 04:21 PM

Congratulations Bill. Nice car. Hope to see you at the washington crossing this summer.

Rickd 01-16-2011 04:42 PM

Congratulations on acquiring a very nice car. I was communicating with a gent in NJ who had been looking at that car - telling him it was a very nice car with a ton of really good equipment. Great tranny, ERA rear, etc., and a really nice aluminum block motor that has a nice history to it. He ended up buying the former ERA company test /track car, that was purchased by ERA's book keeper. Enjoy it!! I have always been partial to the 289.