Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   I'm still kicking myself for not buying this ERA (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/125068-im-still-kicking-myself-not-buying-era.html)

sea2jet 01-06-2014 05:02 PM

I'm still kicking myself for not buying this ERA

1 Attachment(s)
ERA 427SC Cobra #706. British Racing Green/black interior. The BIG Picture: Click Here! This emerald-hued work of art was factory built at ERA's production facility in New Britain, Connecticut. The ERA team sought out and used only the very finest components—chosen & matched to create a ferocious but balanced and driver-friendly super snake. Just 1,800 street-only miles [2,900 km]. Under the hood: 427 side-oiler built by the legendary Kurt Gartner of Vintage Ford and Fabrication. BIG Photo of powerplant#1: Click Here! This engine is equipped with: Inglese/ IDA Weber induction system, Ford NOS steel crank, Harland Sharp roller rockers, JE forged aluminum pistons, heavy duty main fan, braided SS lines, and Blue Thunder medium-riser intake. BIG Photo of powerplant#2: Click Here! Geartrain: Tremec 600 five-speed, Jaguar-based Salisbury 3.54:1 ratio rear end/IRS with outboard brakes. In the Legend-correct cockpit: Moto-Lita AC wheel, Smiths gauges. BIG Photo of cockpit: Click Here! Genuine Wilton Wool carpeting and Connolly leather and 5-point safety harnesses. BIG broadside shot: Click Here! Other particulars: anti-sway bars front & rear, heater/defroster, full aluminum engine bay panels, and chromed rollbar. BIG 3/4-rearview shot: Click Here! Most Cobras are fast [albeit not this fast] but all the good ones are powerful, safe as possible, reliable, and effectively balance performance with daily drivability. BIG "See ya' later!" shot: Click Here! $43,000 obo. Kids headed for college... so I'll entertain any serious offer. Contact Mac at 518•542•xxxx
Albany, New York
23 July
22 August 2013: You can mark my beautiful British Racing Green E.R.A. 427SC Cobra SOLD! Gone down south to the stable of a fellow admirer of E.R.A.'s reptilian rolling stock. You can color me a happy camper! Mac Brownson

patrickt 01-06-2014 05:07 PM

Yes, that one slipped through your fingers. And such a beauty. Oh well, view it as a life lesson against taking too much time to think and dither.:cool:

sea2jet 01-06-2014 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know, I have to move on....but look at that engine.....

patrickt 01-06-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea2jet (Post 1278993)
I know, I have to move on....but look at that engine.....

Yes, I know. But you missed the boat... and now she rests in the hands of another man. Sad, but true.:cool:

King- cobra 01-06-2014 05:23 PM

It is a nice car and Mac was a good guy to deal with.

kevins2 01-06-2014 05:25 PM

Just looked over the photos and description of that car. Would have guessed it'd go for a lot more than $43k. Is the market that bad or is there something I'm not seeing about this car? Sea2Jet, not rubbing salt in the wound, just surprised at that price.

mrmustang 01-06-2014 05:27 PM

Even "I" missed that one :D .

Bill S.

LMH 01-06-2014 05:28 PM

Wow, that was a deal for someone!
Larry

sea2jet 01-06-2014 05:34 PM

It was a great price. Looked like a really nice car. :CRY:

patrickt 01-06-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea2jet (Post 1279009)
:cry:

A broken heart will mend. Next time, pounce quickly.

Dimis 01-06-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1278992)
Yes, that one slipped through your fingers. And such a beauty. Oh well, view it as a life lesson against taking too much time to think and dither.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1278996)
Yes, I know. But you missed the boat... and now she rests in the hands of another man. Sad, but true.:cool:

Reminds me of a saying:

He who hesitates, Mastur....

...Oh, I forget the ending to that saying.

MRGEORGE077 01-06-2014 06:27 PM

Wow 43k nice buy

kevins2 01-06-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRGEORGE077 (Post 1279021)
Wow 43k nice buy

I'm still thinking too nice. There has to be something more to this that isn't obvious from the photos/description. The seller mentioned his kids are going to college, but that doesn't sneak up on someone to the point that they would dump a car under market value.

If there was no price stated, what would you guys have guessed? I'd guess at least in the low $60's.

sea2jet 01-06-2014 06:36 PM

I believe King-Cobra, who posted above, bought it.

MRGEORGE077 01-06-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevins2 (Post 1279023)
I'm still thinking too nice. There has to be something more to this that isn't obvious from the photos/description. The seller mentioned his kids are going to college, but that doesn't sneak up on someone to the point that they would dump a car under market value.

If there was no price stated, what would you guys have guessed? I'd guess at least in the low $60's.

Well said

ERA Chas 01-06-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevins2 (Post 1279023)
I'm still thinking too nice. There has to be something more to this that isn't obvious from the photos/description.

Kevin is absolutely correct. I know from my own personal experience that this seller was seriously disadvantaged or the car has an 'issue'. To hazard a wild -assed guess, I'd venture the Webers are a driveability problem.
Yes, college doesn't become a worry overnight forcing a rushed sale.
Buyer has thousands in hand to rectify issue (s) and still have a sane investment.

King- cobra 01-06-2014 07:17 PM

I did and it did have a bad motor that the owner was not aware of. Still a good deal and a great car.

patrickt 01-06-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King- cobra (Post 1279033)
I did and it did have a bad motor that the owner was not aware of. Still a good deal and a great car.

Wait a minute, how does an owner of one of these cars not know that he has a "bad motor?" That's like a starlet not knowing she has a wooden leg.%/

kevins2 01-06-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King- cobra (Post 1279033)

OK, order is restored to the universe. You can completely replace a SO and the car will be at or under market value, so still a good deal. Depending on what "bad" means, it may be a great deal.

madmaxx 01-06-2014 07:52 PM

Smoking deal. Even if catastrophic motor damage tons of reusable parts. As far as what po knew or not its buyer beware always. I have seen many times owner thinks a serious issue which was trivial or PO thought was perfect and had serious issues. Short blocks are cheap if U do your own work anything is cheap on these cars. What is not cheap is body and paint.