Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   Trigger Status: Pulled (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/139609-trigger-status-pulled.html)

bcrumpley 11-03-2017 09:51 AM

Trigger Status: Pulled

The deposit check is on the way to New Britain for a 427 street car. This will be my second ERA, but the first that I have built. Now to gather parts and have what I can ready when it arrives late next year. And to decide on a color...

Bobby

patrickt 11-03-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrumpley (Post 1432228)
And to decide on a color...

Very nice. Personally, I'm partial to... ahhhhh, never mind.:cool:

AndrewB 11-03-2017 10:23 AM

Congratulations! The wait is a killer, but working with Peter and crew has been top notch.

bcrumpley 11-03-2017 10:27 AM

I'm currently flipping back and forth between black and red, but who knows what I'll be thinking when it's ready to head to the painter.

patrickt 11-03-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrumpley (Post 1432234)
I'm currently flipping back and forth between black and red, but who knows what I'll be thinking when it's ready to head to the painter.

The only color suggestion I will seriously throw in your direction is "white." But only for the underside of the dashboard/cowl area. Now, the only time you'll ever appreciate it is when you're on your back with your head up behind the dash, but having that area painted white makes it a thousand times easier to see your wiring. And it's not a job you can do "after the fact."

Texasdoc 11-03-2017 10:36 AM

I vote for beige.

bcrumpley 11-03-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1432236)
The only color suggestion I will seriously throw in your direction is "white." But only for the underside of the dashboard/cowl area. Now, the only time you'll ever appreciate it is when you're on your back with your head up behind the dash, but having that area painted white makes it a thousand times easier to see your wiring. And it's not a job you can do "after the fact."

That sounds like a great idea. Hope I remember to do it!

keezling 11-03-2017 10:56 AM

"Red or Black" the two most commonly ticketed colors, and favorites of mine. My all black '57 Ford pickup would be followed by helecopters at nite and rousted by police while sitting eating my lunch at work. Brings a whole new meaning to D.W.B. Also had a couple arrest me red cars with the Bob Falfa glove box syndrome. You know, "file that under chicken shi..."

Ron61 11-03-2017 11:21 AM

I like red and black but I swear the cops are in the trunk of my red car. Every time I drive it they just magically appear in my rear view mirror. The blue one with stripes they don't seem to watch as closely.

Ron

Murky781 11-03-2017 11:22 AM

Hardest part of any build is choosing the color. Black, no red, no white, no blue, never beige. That last one was easy! LOL One black, one white here and both are a ***** to keep clean, but God they look good when they are. Congrats and enjoy the ride!

RodKnock 11-03-2017 11:40 AM

If you're 75 years old and you want to match the color of your 1998 Toyota Camry in the driveway, then you paint your Cobra beige.

I prefer mine unpainted.

cycleguy55 11-03-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasdoc (Post 1432237)
I vote for beige.

Beige? That reminds me of an old joke, which goes something like this:

Q. What is the difference between a Prostitute, a Mistress, and a Wife?
A. The Prostitute says, “Are you finished yet?”
The Mistress says, “Oh can’t we do it again?”
The Wife says, “Beige… I think I’ll paint the ceiling Beige.”

66gtk 11-03-2017 02:14 PM

Congratulations!

NOS-EDDIE 11-03-2017 02:37 PM

I always smile every time I hear another street car is being done. Congrats....

FWB 11-03-2017 03:32 PM

i'm beige......lol

DanEC 11-03-2017 04:00 PM

I'm sort of partial to black. But I started out with red before I went for black. Never had a red car before at the time but now I have a new Race Red Mustang and that sucker is bright. :eek: If you are paranoid about being run over in your Cobra, paint it Race Red - they should have called it Retina-searing Red. No excuse for anyone running over you in something painted this color.

But, if you want classic or classey - go black or silver. :)

Good luck with your build.

bcrumpley 11-03-2017 04:52 PM

There are a lot of colors that look great on these cars, but one requirement for me is that it is a color that looks like it would have been available in the mid 60s when Cobras were new. My other ERA was Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White stripes, so that probably rules out blue. The narrow hipped CSX3130 is black and maybe the most beautiful 427 car in the world, so that pushes me that way. I love red, but my '66 Mustang GT convertible is Candyapple Red. That said, Porsche's Carmine Red is darker and might be perfect. BRG and '66 Ivy Green are great colors too.

RockBit 11-03-2017 06:10 PM

Congratulations on placing your order. I found color to be the hardest choice I made on mine, but was pleased with the outcome.

It's hard to beat a black car. The darker colors really make the chrome pieces pop.

lippy 11-03-2017 10:47 PM

I love black street builds, with a low stance

ACHiPo 11-04-2017 06:01 AM

Welcome to the line. It moves slowly, but like 1970s Disneyworld, it’s an E-ticket ride!