Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   ERA Slabside 3018 is underway... (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/141555-era-slabside-3018-underway.html)

DanEC 06-29-2019 01:20 PM

Nice color - looking good.

dacobb 06-29-2019 01:38 PM

The color is Indigo Ink Pearl. 8P4. Toyota/Lexus color.

dacobb 07-01-2019 10:15 AM

chatted with Brandon today about shipping the car back to ERA. 7/3 at the latest.

Also inquired about the prep process and he mentioned that ERA's fiberglass bodies were much easier to work on compared to other brands.

Something to keep in mind...

fintubi 07-01-2019 09:22 PM

One thing I'd recommend having ERA check when the car comes back from paint are the holes for the tonneau studs. On 3014, two of them were lost during filling and painting, and I didn't notice until installing the studs this week.

One of them was accessible from the back side (in the rear wheel well), so it was simple to chase it with a drill from below, guaranteeing the correct location.

The other (immediately aft of the passenger door) isn't very accessible from underneath, so I'm probably going to have to drill it fresh based on measurements. That doesn't make me feel great about what might happen if I partially (but not exactly) land where the original was.

Bill

dacobb 07-02-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fintubi (Post 1463927)
One thing I'd recommend having ERA check when the car comes back from paint are the holes for the tonneau studs. On 3014, two of them were lost during filling and painting, and I didn't notice until installing the studs this week.

One of them was accessible from the back side (in the rear wheel well), so it was simple to chase it with a drill from below, guaranteeing the correct location.

The other (immediately aft of the passenger door) isn't very accessible from underneath, so I'm probably going to have to drill it fresh based on measurements. That doesn't make me feel great about what might happen if I partially (but not exactly) land where the original was.

Bill

thanks fin I will do that