Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   Hi-Beam Indicator light! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/14858-hi-beam-indicator-light.html)

Turk 02-21-2002 11:17 PM

Hi-Beam Indicator light!

Picky...picky...picky!!
It has finally come to this. Everything is perfect, well almost. I am now splitting hairs to make my car better.

I am not happy with the Blue High beam indicator light. Not only it is too bright, the lens looks blue when it is off, but when it is lit, it is a cross between white and purple.

Bob,is there a beter lens out there for this purpose? Can a different (blue) bulb be used to make it dimmer, and deeper blue?

Please don't tell me, in 25 years of manufacturing these cars I am the first nit-picker who asked this? If I am, pretend like you heard this 100s of times before, and make me feel better.

TURK

Bob Putnam 02-22-2002 04:41 AM

Turk,

Of course you're the (fill in your preferred number here) person to notice. **) Ironically, I've noticed it when I used the same indicator light on a gage cluster I made for my Saab many years ago. Being lazy, I lived with it. :rolleyes:

Maybe it could be dimmed with a little paint applied to the bulb, or some blue cellophane-like stuff pushed into the bulb socket.

Or you could just re-align your low beams. :D

snakeeyes 02-22-2002 08:05 AM

Perhaps you should consider replacing it with a little neon light that flashes "Turk...Turk...Turk" when the hi-beams are on...:3DSMILE:

So helpful, eh?

Flyin_Freddie 02-22-2002 09:08 AM

Hi Beam Indicator....

Hi Beam Indicator? HI BEAM INDICATOR? HI BEAM INDICATOR? We don' need no stinkin' Hi Beam Indicator, Senor...!

Just let the oncoming drivers tell you your hi beams are on! Run some 100w hi beam halogens and TRUST ME! Other drivers will indeed tell you your hi beams are on! :LOL:

Besides, when you see the red from the backs of their retinas, you'll know they're on without anyone telling you! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cobra 02-22-2002 10:30 AM

Turk

:3DSMILE: Try it with nail-varnish:3DSMILE:

Walter

Todd Hedges 02-22-2002 10:34 AM

Nail-varnish?

How about a wig on the roll bar,
fake breasts on the dash....
sounds like the model California wife?

Turk 02-23-2002 08:02 AM

WHat is this?
Nail Polish, cellophane!!

Did I buy a Real Era or a replica?

TURK

Turk 02-23-2002 08:06 AM

Flyin_Freddie
Recently I invested heavily in bulbs and fixtures to house them in that came in boxes clearly marked (Not for Highwway use/ off road use only). Believe me they are easy to see even in day time.
Oh by the way they put out color or light that I can't even describe as being white.
I am all set now. But the indicator light is still annoying.

TURK

ST 02-23-2002 09:05 AM

Just remove the bulb. It worked for me!:JEKYLHYDE

RACER X #99 02-23-2002 02:03 PM

You Guys got headlights??????

Cranky:3DSMILE:

Bob Putnam 02-23-2002 03:11 PM

Jeez... I've never seen more comments about such a trivial thing. Turk seems to attract people like flies on (food).

Think Microsoft!
If the light's too bright, think of it as a feature, not a flaw. :MECOOL:

Pete C 02-23-2002 03:14 PM

Turk's Incredibly annoying high beam light!

If you look up the term obsessive-compulsive in a medical dictionary there is a picture of Turk and his ERA!!! (Just ask Bob Putnam). That is why, (with a cop following) as I saw him flicking lights and turn signals on and off I did not immediately think that he was "transmitting" a warning. I just assumed he was dicking around with the equipment. And that was before I ever heard the horror story about the high beam indicator light!!!! I'm pretty sure that Turk is happy that he does not have customers with his "attention to detail".

Pete

Jamo 02-23-2002 04:32 PM

Pull the two wires off the indicator light, add some length and stick em up your a$$ when you get in the car--I think you'll turn a better shade of blue when you hit the high beams...:LOL:

Turk--you've got to get control of yourself and stop exchanging posts with Evan, my friend. He's having an effect on you.:(

Turk 02-23-2002 07:13 PM

Mr. Jamo
Your suggestions are often heeded. The most recent gem has me puzzled, as to how I would go about performing such an unnatural act! Then I wondered why just the indicator light would be recommended for such an insertion!. Then it dawned on me, you wanted me to save the headlight assembly for you, so that we would both be within our discomfort level.

I suffer from Evanitis or, Harrisatos. I thought I had them removed when I was younger.

Bob, will we see someone wearing an ERA shirt at DVSFII, or should I use my massive influence on 4 people who will give me the time of the day, to spearhead a class action lawsuit regarding defective high beam indicators on ERAs?

At the minimum, your company should be ready and willing to send me a
1-Bottle of Blue Nail Varnish
2-Wrinkled up Blue celophane
3-A pack of Winstons.
4-Spot of masking tape.
5-Little Blue Paint
6-A wig
7-Fake breasts.
8-Bulb removal tool
9-Vaseline

TURK
Otherwise it won't be pretty.

Turk 02-23-2002 07:16 PM

Prof. Pete Cala
I think it was Turk's High Beams that saved your butt when I stopped you taking off for the hills, after the construction zone stop. You owe me thanks, or a fake diploma in humanity or something like that. Something I can frome, and hang next to my Shelby Memorabilia.

TURK
The nerve of some people.!

ERA535 02-23-2002 08:22 PM

Turk - Why don't you give Glennn a call - he found some place in England that sells the authentic indicator lights made out of glass (or something) that are the proper shade of blue (or whatever it is). I am sure they are expensive and hard to get unless you have the right connections.;)

Turk 02-23-2002 08:31 PM

ERA535

I think I have THE connection.....
Hey WILF!!! Are you reading this?
How about a Blue Light Special?

TURK
ps. I don't remember giving you explicit permission to use my name in your siganture tagline!. Will sue if you don't stop immediately. You ARE welcome to use the name and the likeness of "TURK". That is OK...but the "gashole " is a copyright and trademark violation. You'll hear from my incompetent lawyers too, who will settle out of court for peanuts. Salted or Honey Roasted?

Jamo 02-23-2002 08:35 PM

Ah Turk--he's the "original"--remember? Your nose knows.:LOL:

Turk 02-23-2002 08:57 PM

Ye HE IS!

TURK

xlr8or 02-23-2002 09:29 PM

Put a little spot of masking tape on the inside of the lense.
Works like a charm.