Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   Defective Windshield (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/67022-defective-windshield.html)

Ray Prato 08-09-2005 12:48 PM

Defective Windshield

I just want everyone to know that I'm not trying to play a badguy here, but I am a victim. This is definately a defect with the glass on my ERA Cobra. I don't expect ERA to absorb the cost when they are not the manufacturer. I feel for them and this problem, I know they had replaced a number of windshields because of this problem. I do ask however for them to either give me the name of the supplier or call the supplier on my behalf and use thier leverage to get THEM to replace my glass. I'm not asking them to spend money or time to install the glass, just to replace it.

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Ray.

strictlypersonl 08-10-2005 05:09 AM

Ray,

I wish it were as simple as that.

We buy the windshields assembled in the frame, from the UK. We don't even know the original glass manufacturer. To make things even more complicated, our supplier's company is currently changing hands and we're waiting for things to stabilize. We've used the original company for 20 years because of the consistant quality.

We will try and get things straightened out as soon as possible.

Ray Prato 08-11-2005 03:40 PM

Defective Windshield

Wow, That is the response that I had hoped to hear! I am totally thrilled that you guys will help me with this problem. Please let me know who (at ERA) responded so I can thank them personally! I will wait for you guys to sort things out with your supplier and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Turk 08-11-2005 04:03 PM

That is Bob. You can bank on what the guys at ERA tell you.
You probably knew that...

TURK

JWheaton 08-11-2005 06:06 PM

Ray,

The people at ERA will in 99.9% of the cases attempt to satisfy their customers. I hope that you give ERA a call prior to posting these messages and allow them to work with you.

Ray Prato 08-12-2005 01:04 PM

Do you think I didn't call them w/ this problem?! Wow, I'm just glad that this is finally coming to a close.