Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     
Default Chasis number

Peter called to say my chassis has been fabricated. At what point do they assign a chassis number to it? I forgot to ask.

Dan
Old 08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #778 427SC Keith Craft FE 428 stroker
Not Ranked     

He gave me my number while the frame was at the powder coater, but then I think I might have "inherited" a chassis from someone who had to back out of the deal.

Ask Peter, he should know the number - if he can find it!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2119
Not Ranked     

All who have purchased from ERA have gone through the same emotions. Hang in there the number will be forth coming. My first number was a wrong number but was quickly remedied with appologizes.
You are dealing with straight shooters here. It went against every fiber and grain in my body to send someone the dollar amount required by ERA without a contract. Get use to it in this industry. ERA will stand behind everything they do.
Good luck, be patient, it will come.
Dennis
Old 08-14-2009, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     

Chances are that you have a number at this point, but keep in mind the cars don't necessarily get completed in the same order that the numbers are assigned as there are all sort of things that may delay one car and not the one behind it. The process may seem slow, but ERA has been doing this for a long time and has a very methodical approach to assembling the cars. They really are great to work with. Welcome to the family!

-Ray
Old 08-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitekit View Post
My first number was a wrong number but was quickly remedied with appologizes.
Yep, me too.

Quote:
You are dealing with straight shooters here. It went against every fiber and grain in my body to send someone the dollar amount required by ERA without a contract.
Yep, Peter and I handled the entire deal on nothing more than a handshake. You can trust them and it all will work out OK.

Quote:
Get use to it in this industry.
This industry is full of crooks and charlatans. The fact that you chose ERA has allowed you to avoid dealing with them.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Dan the wait will be worth it. Once you get your car just knowing that the gang at ERA are there to help you far into the future is great peace of mind. I'm sure that Peter has your frame number, now whether he can find it may be another story

Dick
Old 08-14-2009, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 289 FIA #2112
Not Ranked     

I had my number prior to the chassis, let me say that the wait from the number to the chassis was short but it felt like a looong time. As others have stated, the folks at ERA are straight shooters and if they say they are doing something believe it. Good luck with the build and the experience.

m-a
Old 08-14-2009, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

I see that I can only spell chassis correctly part of the time. I'm pacing myself. We discussed shooting for delivery around mid-Feb so I have a ways to go. I'll ask him about the number. Having that kind of provides a connection in the meantime.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
We discussed shooting for delivery around mid-Feb so I have a ways to go.
What are the specs on your build?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Chassis ready in Feb...can i ask when you put the deposit down im trying to figure out the order time process...i wouldnt mind a chassis in April 2010...
Old 08-15-2009, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs365 View Post
Chassis ready in Feb...can i ask when you put the deposit down im trying to figure out the order time process...i wouldnt mind a chassis in April 2010...
I put a deposit down in late May. Peter said they would probably start the fabrication in the Fall and he though mid-Feb would work about right. I haven't heard of any change to that yet.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
What are the specs on your build?
I'm planning a street cobra with smooth hood, undercar exaust and full bumpers. I have a WR toploader now and I'm keeping an eye out for a 428 motor. I went with the standard Jag rear end in order to have some room for exhaust. I sure wish someone would reproduce the sunburst wheels for a reasonable price.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I'm keeping an eye out for a 428 motor.
You'll find one, or you can have one built to your specs over the winter. With all the dough you're sinking in to that toy, you might seriously consider having the engine built.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You'll find one, or you can have one built to your specs over the winter. With all the dough you're sinking in to that toy, you might seriously consider having the engine built.
Keith Craft is just down the highway a few miles so if nothing promising pops up in the meantime a built engine from him is my fallback plan. Your right about the money however. I'm trying to hang on to my other cars and fund this one too - as I regret selling just about every car I've ever had. I have to concentrate on getting ERA paid first and then I'll work on the motor next Spring.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BRG ERA street car w/428 PI, Sunburst wheels, undercar exhaust, original interior, no philips head screws!
Not Ranked     

Dan:

I just got finished building a street cobra with the Sunbursts, etc. I received a ton of help on this site and specifically on this forum. If I can help in any way let me know. ERA is a great car and a great company. I've spent countless hours up there and you won't find a better group to do business with.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

#782 is my number.

I wish someone would reproduce the sunburst wheels. In some literature (including a passage in an older ERA brochure) I find mention of reproduction sunburst wheels - but from what I gather they haven't ever been reproduced. Oh well.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BRG ERA street car w/428 PI, Sunburst wheels, undercar exhaust, original interior, no philips head screws!
Not Ranked     

Actually they have been and I can get you in touch with the guy if he still has some sets. There is a set on ebay right now for 6250 for a set of 5. If you have the cash I would grab them...they are expensive but hard to find...another set sold for about 3500 some months ago, I missed out on that auction on esnipe...I was the high bit but did not win for some reason..anyway...I have a ton of info on the street car..I have traveled half way across the country documenting original street cars down to the crayon marks, screws, nuts, etc. I'm not saying I am an expert but I know a ton about these 3200 series csx originals with the 428 PI engine..always learning more as well...good luck and let me know if you have any other questions
Old 08-18-2009, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

$3500 to $6500 is a little steeper than what I want to pay for a set of wheels. When I saw those prices I figured that was for originals. Guess I'll have to settle for the Vintage knock offs.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2009, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yup, they are originals and they really make the street car...Understand that with the 5 or 6 pin wheels,hubs, etc. will be roughly 4k so for another couple of grand you can have the real ones...but....I understand budget...it's just the Sunburst don't come around that often and like I said they really make the car (street version that is)...either way I am sure the car will be awesome.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BTW, you might want to ask Peter to mark down that you want the starter solenoid in the original spot on the inner front passenger side fender well so they don't make the holes in the firewall...the default place in on the firewall behind the glove box...also, see if there are any options for the trunk...the standard kits comes with an S/C type trunk...the old mold had no lip in the rear fender flares, the new one comes with a slight flare...although I have seen one street car with a slight flare which make it OK, a majority of the cars I have seen had no flare at all...I can send you pics of what I am talking about...get the street cap, splitter in the front, etc. Again I can give you a list of small little things if you want to go crazy...ask Peter about me, he calls me a mental case!