Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Default Radiator Position

What height is your radiator from the bottom side? Mine is about equal to the fiberglass below the oil cooler. It is also slanted app. 30 degrees.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

Can you be a little more specific?

Tim

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My post seems a little screwy I know. I am wondering how much ground clearance others have. I cannot measure in inches right now. However the lowest point is equal or horizontal to the fiberglass under the oil cooler. I have a 19" x 22" radiator. From what I have seen in pics here, it seems maybe my radiator is lower then most others I have seen.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

I'll actually measure it tomorrow and give you a real number.

Tim

Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tim!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Here's a picture of the radiator on my EM that I took a few years ago when I had the car apart for major work. You'll see that my radiator bracket holds the radiator vertical with no incline. One of the goals of my rebuild was to lower everything as much as possible to get the CG down for better handling on the track. I just measured and the bottom of my radiator bracket is 3.5 inches above the ground. The bottom of the radiator is a half inch higher.

[IMG][/IMG]

BTW, it seems to me that aligning your radiator based on the body works only if you know how high the body is above the ground.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 06-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ralphy

Measured the bottom of the radiator mount at 7 1/2 inches. Bottom of the oil cooler opening to the ground was essentially the same distance. I have a Canton race pan and it's only 4 3/8 inches to the ground. I live on a 3/4 mile dirt road and have no problem with ground clearance if I go slow!

Tim

Old 06-26-2010, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks again for both your responses Tommy and Tim.

Ralphy
Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, All aluminum small block ford.
Not Ranked     

Hey Ralphy...mine is level with the bottom of the fiberglass at the bottom of the oil cooler opening as well. It sits at the same angle as the original bolt holes in the frame..Im guessing about 30 degrees or so.

Gene
Old 06-28-2010, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gene,
Judging by your post your build is moving along. Tossed a level on mine the other day and saw 25 degrees.

Ralphy
Old 07-06-2010, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, All aluminum small block ford.
Not Ranked     

Yeah it's moving along...somedays backwards...lol...but it's still moving. Got the steering column built, mounted and the u-joints and shaft all hooked up. Interior is getting close to being done. Not done like as in painted and all that...but the body work part of it at least. Last night I was working on mounting the oil pump...it's a tight fit trying to squeeze a 5 stage pump in with those 4" frame rails...lol. Still struggleing as to where Im going to mount the tank....Im thinking about over the passenger side header...back in that space between the footbox and wheel tub.

Hows yours coming along? Last time we talked your were thinking about changing the rear suspension.

Gene