Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-17-2009, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everette Morrison HP 396
Not Ranked     
Default HELP-Does Everette Morrison have a customer service department?

I recently purchased a used EM car and have some repairs that need to be made and also a couple parts that need to be replaced that I could not find on their parts catalog. I have tried in vain for over two weeks to contact the EM people...and have left telephone messages and sent emails with no response...EM touts the quality of their customer support in the FAQ page...but I have not been able to get in touch with them at all...there seems to be no customer service department...does anybody out there have any suggestions on how to get in touch with these guys...I could use some help here...

Appreciate any suggestions...
Old 06-17-2009, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I called them 6 months ago when shopping for a kit and told them I had cash and needed a few questions answered about customizing a build package. They never called me back. I have been by there twice since then and the place was locked up both times. Maybe they're busy out driving their cars.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 E-M with 302 Ford
Not Ranked     

When EM was bought and moved from Florida the customer service dept. was left behind or was not a part of the purchase.
However you have reached the best service dept. here on cobra club and if you ask your questions of what your needs are some help will be given.

Bonos
Old 06-18-2009, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra Ford FE 427 w/ Webers 48 IDA
Not Ranked     

Filippo,

Ahhhhh, I have been down this road already. I have to say you have made an excellant decision on your EM. However, you will probably wont get any more service from EM (my opinion). They dont answer the phones or return calls.

I believe they are still moving the company or recovering from a hurricane..... maybe well hear something new this time.

The reason for me being so hard is if you go into business you should at the very least communicate with your customers and future customers.

We spend a good amount of money on a hobbie to only get shafted by a company.

This is not fair.

I can say I was luck to have the opportunity to deal with the original EM motorcompany before it was sold. I was not able to do any business with the new owners because phone calls were never returned.

If you like post your questions on here and we will do the best we possibly can to get you on the right track.

It is a shame the Everetts sold the business and the name to go with it. The new owners have not been able to live up to the name that was produced in the early 80's.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you all for your kind and informative responses to my issues with EM...and I appreciate your willingness to assist...here is my first problem: my nephew was in the passenger seat and when he tried to open the door, he pulled the release cable in towards himself instead of up to release the latch. By the time I said to pull up gently, he had already given it a healthy tug inwards again and pulled the cable end from the latch...now the door is closed and I cannot figure out how to get the inside door panel off to get to the latch.... Also, my car was purchased in 2003 and licensed as a 2004. I am trying to find out what front and rear suspension was used in the car in case I need repairs in the future. Also, I am trying to find out the paint specs to repair some rock chips...it looks like it was painted at the factory...its a deep blue with white stripes...if there is anybody out there that can assist, I would forever be in your debt....molto grazie...ciao, Filippo
Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Filippo,

Best thing to do is post pictures of the suspension.

Next, the best way to figure out how to remove the door panel is look at the driver door. It sounds like you have Gen IV car that has a 92 inch wheel base. I believe they extended this at the door

I have seen on some cars they use buttons or even velcro to hold the door panel on.

Just take alook at the driver door.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks much for the tips...no buttons or velcro in the doors...at least none that I could find...it appears is if there is a small bracket behind the panel (on the driver's side in the area behind the panel that I could see with a flashlight) that is secured to the door with a philips head screw but cannot figure out how to access it...as to suspension, great idea, I will take a photo next time I have it in the air...the suspension is single leave spring on the back side of the differential that extends to both independent axle ends...I am guessing its is Vette but not sure...
Old 06-19-2009, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Everette Morrison Door panel removal

Hey EM owners, hope someone out there can help with suggestions on how to remove the door panel....EM is clearly not interested in helping as I have left multiple messages for them with no reply...sure would not purchase a kit care from them as their customer service department is non existent...recently bought mine used....

Gave my nephew a ride last weekend and when we parked he pulled the door latch release cable inward instead of upward and on the second (hard) tug, the cable came loose from the latch. Now the door is closed and I need to remove the interior door panel to get to the latch....but cannot figure out how to get it off...attached is a photo of my driver's side door panel....I am hoping that someone out there can tell me how the panel is attached and how to remove it from the door...

Also, can someone tell me how to upload a photo of my driver's side door panel for reference?

Thanks guys....appreciate any suggestions....Filippo
Old 06-19-2009, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Filippo,

Its pretty difficult when there are no pictures. Best suggestion is to remove the driver side and see how they engineering the mounting of the door panel. I am sure you want to remove the panel with aleast damage as possible. This is why I am suggestinging to look at the driver side.

may be you can creat a tool to unlatch the door but first looking how the latch system works on the driver side. Once you get the door open (passengerside) the door panel should be a cinch

maybe a long thin hanger to unlatch the door. Try having someone push in the door to take the pressure off of the latch.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Re: Door panel

Thanks for your insight...been looking at the driver's side door and cannot figure out how it is attached...no chance of releasing the passenger side latch unless I can get the panel off...and cannot figure out how to upload a photo...can you tell me how to upload the photo of the driver side door panel?

Thanks again....
Old 06-19-2009, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok I hope this helps, I am not a pro...

What I do is upload it to your gallery then you can upload it to the thread.

If you click on your camera by your name you should see the link for uploading.

Becareful with the file size.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default EM door panel removal...and photo

Finally here is a photo of the door panel....thanks for suggesting how to upload it..

Does anybody have any suggestions or knowledge on how to get the panel off the door?

Thanks all for your continuing assistance....

Ciao
Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Are there any screws on the inside of the door pocket?
Not the same brand by mine has plastic snap in clips to hold the door panel to the door.

Terry
Old 06-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

I would guess from this bump on the bottom of your panel, there is a tab there that presses in to hold the door on. Can you get a small screw driver under the panel at that point and have a look see without ripping off the material? If not, you may just have to take it to an upholstery shop and get some help the first time.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2009, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison
Not Ranked     
Default Filippo

1. First of all, to match your blue paint, I'd go to a good body shop and let them try to match the color the best they can.

2. Your suspension sounds like Corvette, if it's all aluminum.

3. I'm willing to bet the door panels are velcro attached, or, possibly, they might be attached using a wire clip of some sort that goes into the door itself, and not visible from outside.

I would take a 2" putty knife and slide it in between the door and panel, and move it around the perimeter of the door. You'll either hit the velcro, or feel the wire clip. In either case, pry up with the putty knife or small pry bar to remove the panel.

Also, which end of the cable came off, near the hinge or door latch?? If the cable is still attached near the door latch, , you should still be able to open the door by simply pulling the cable towards the hinges and that will release the latch.

Hope that does the trick.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default EM Door panel issue

Thanks all...for your help...I thought I would also let you know that Tom from EM called me today and gracefully answered all of my questions...very helpful...finally...
Old 06-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Tell us how the door panel comes off.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default EM finally got back to me

Hey all, there is hope....Tom from EM called me today and was able to explain how to remove the door panel, and also too time to answer my other questions as well...it was good to hear from them finally....have faith...

Ciao Filippo
Old 06-19-2009, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Response to ZOERA-SC7XX question - how does the door panel come off...

There are plastic pins attached to the back of the panel that are pressed into holes in the door...a body shop will have the proper tool to pop the pins loose and remove the panel....

Regards....Filippo
Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison Gen IV, 427FE
Send a message via AIM to tbracker Send a message via MSN to tbracker Send a message via Yahoo to tbracker
Not Ranked     

I'll tell you this much. You do not have a Gen IV model. Since that is what they are making now, your chances of getting parts for your older model EM are not good. On the other hand parts like door latches are widely available from other sources.
As for the door panel, just pull it off. It may have velcro or glue or snaps, but it should pull off.
The paint could be anything. Have a body shop show you some paint chips or get a computer match. Without the part number there is no way to know for sure.