Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Factory Five Racing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/)
-   -   What the heck is this?!? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/102431-what-heck.html)

CNGreen 01-29-2010 03:38 PM

What the heck is this?!?

JUST posted to another forum:

http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/fun/spyshots/a.jpg

http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/fun/spyshots/b.jpg

:eek:

Black Mamba 01-29-2010 03:40 PM

The blow-out area at Costco?

mrmustang 01-29-2010 03:53 PM

This just in from BNN (Bunnies News Network)
Wareham Mass-Factory Five announced today a collaboration with Kirkham Motorsports where they will be building a 1 off FFR chassis, Kirkham body 289FIA to be given to "mrmustang" the original poster boy for this wonderful combination of form and function. When contacted this afternoon, neither Dave Smith or Dave Kirkham were available for comment. MrMustang who is currently sequestered in the headquarters of "Da Bunnies"(tm) was also unavailable for comment.

Xavier 01-29-2010 04:12 PM

Its clearly painted silver, whats the big deal?

Woodz428 01-29-2010 05:35 PM

???? I don't understand the question...or what it's about??The car, the dolly under the car, the shipping crates the VW van on the lift...what,what,what??

Excaliber 01-29-2010 05:52 PM

Nice fork lift, to bad we can get some shots of that baby from another angle.

*13* 01-29-2010 06:03 PM

Looks like a paid for car Storage lot with a mexichrome cobra replica.

CNGreen 01-29-2010 10:27 PM

Take a look again guys.

Have you ever seen a FFR that looks like that? It's a complete revision!

:)

Don DePontee 01-30-2010 12:21 AM

Holy crap, that's not just any Factory Five it looks like it's the first Factory Five to use the new body that was digitized from Dick Smiths #198 original AC Cobra. The photos are taken in the Factory Five shop and that's Jim S. driving the forklift.
Don

Mando 01-30-2010 01:05 AM

I would never have picked it for a FFR. Beautiful car. Can anyone tell me if I've got my facts right? As I understand it, many years ago FFR bought another Cobra manufacturer called Contemporary which I think was on the eastern seaboard. If this is right and they own all the rights to that company why on earth would they continue to use their shape when they have access to, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful shaped Cobras ever! I don't get it!

Regards.

computerworks 01-30-2010 04:51 AM

Sure hope they make the correct tailights an option.

Blittleton 01-30-2010 06:41 AM

MklV

I heard thru the grapevine that a MKlV was coming out. Maybe this is it?

somedayaurora 01-30-2010 08:08 AM

Go

Kirkhams and ffr both have big news feb/13 interesting , doubt its related
SDR
oh you thought people here were excited about the kirkham news ,on the FFR chat site there just nuts on the FFR news
________
Mazda 737c specifications

Excaliber 01-30-2010 08:37 AM

Does this mean were not going to have a perky butt issue to kick around anymore?

I'm gonna miss that... :)

*13* 01-30-2010 10:21 AM

13 is good luck!
Quote:

Originally Posted by somedayaurora (Post 1023931)
Kirkhams and ffr both have big news feb/13 interesting , doubt its related
SDR
oh you thought people here were excited about the kirkham news ,on the FFR chat site there just nuts on the FFR news

Gunner 01-30-2010 11:07 AM

And here I thought it was just pic of a wannabe owner worshipping a Cobra... His head need to be lower to the ground, though.

FFR428 01-30-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 1023991)
And here I thought it was just pic of a wannabe owner worshipping a Cobra... His head need to be lower to the ground, though.

I thought the fork lift operator was going to put the Cobra on the guys back to show off how light it was. :LOL:

Brian F. 01-31-2010 03:06 PM

Very nice changes in the newly offered FFR MK4. No perky butt!

Stoney FFR 02-01-2010 01:02 PM

http://www.factoryfive.com/roadster/update/Mk4.html

Summary of Mk4 Changes and Upgrades:

All-New Vintage Roadster Body

Original style one-piece hood with separate rivet-on hood scoop

Rounded rear trunk and concealed trunk hinges

Rolled-edges on cockpit surround and inset dash

Revised doors, door liners, hood, hood liner, trunk and trunk liner

Vintage style 1.5” roll bar design that is still safe

Concealed body mount bolts at front brake duct and side body mounts

Re-shaped wheel openings

Lowered rear body conceals fuel tank

Re-shaped nose detail and revised radiator/oil cooler opening

All-new molds and standard red gel-coated body requires less bodywork

Upgraded Mk4 Frame/Chassis

New flush front bumper mounts with concealed body mount fasteners

Round tube front suspension x-member

Improved front suspension geometry, new spindles

Improved over-all torsional rigidity

Bolt-in rear suspensions allow 4-link and 3-link interchangeability

Enlarged driver AND passenger footboxes

Relocated seat harness mounts

Mid-trunk battery location

Revised cockpit aluminum (upper and lower rear cockpit pieces)

Lowered trunk area and fuel tank access panels

Other Changes/Upgrades:

Focus on cockpit space for driver and passenger includes new seat for bigger guys, more footbox space for driver and passenger (!)

New radiator overflow tank

New optional soft top

All-new complete kit Mk4 assembly manual and electronic PDF version system with lifetime tech updates via e-mail

skibum2 02-01-2010 07:27 PM

looking....

If this is the new FF, then where do I sign up?... Beautiful...:eek: