Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Factory Five Racing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/)
-   -   Current FFR Bilstein Shock Issue! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/89375-current-ffr-bilstein-shock-issue.html)

jhv48 10-03-2008 07:31 AM

The upgraded Bilstein shock looks like a winner to me. 14 mm shaft won't be breaking anytime soon.

Most of these cars are stored for the winter. Take the offending Bils off then, send them to Bilstein for re-working and enjoy the safety and better ride next spring.

Or continue complaining!

Stoney FFR 10-03-2008 09:01 PM

There's no reason to continue to bash over this issue. The solution has been reached and every FFR owner with Bilsteins can have the problem fixed for $70 or $140 depending on the suspension setup, or buy Koni shocks for AT COST PRICING. FFR may end up offering to pay the shock rework fee, but that's yet to be seen. Come on guys, a tank of gas can cost this much $$$.

I started this thread and would respectfully like to ask everyone to refrain from posting any more negative comments. No matter the proposed solution, everyone would never be fully satisfied. Lets just accept the solution for what it is and move on! Anyone that owns a FFR car knows they are still great cars for the money!

Stoney

jmimac351 10-03-2008 09:21 PM

Stoney, you began this thread by complaining about negative comments being censored and now you're asking folks to stop saying anything negative. Fair enough. If my car came with decent shocks I wouldn't have spent $1,800 on replacements. FFR is damn "lucky" that Bilstein suddenly decided to play ball. I didn't make Dave say that he would cover the cost - he came up with that idea on his own. If that's "bashing" or "complaining" then so be it. Words matter to some more than others, I guess.

Stoney FFR 10-03-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmimac351 (Post 886077)
Stoney, you began this thread by complaining about negative comments being censored and now you're asking folks to stop saying anything negative. Fair enough. If my car came with decent shocks I wouldn't have spent $1,800 on replacements. FFR is damn "lucky" that Bilstein suddenly decided to play ball. I didn't make Dave say that he would cover the cost - he came up with that idea on his own. If that's "bashing" or "complaining" then so be it. Words matter to some more than others, I guess.

I too agree that FFR is lucky that Bilstein has agreed to rework the shocks.

I just don't know what else complaining or bashing could hope to accomplish. The fix or solution is a done deal. You're right, I don't guess I can have it both ways. I admit I was pretty pissed a couple of months ago when I started this. I guess I've calmed down, my shocks are safe now and there is a pretty inexpensive solution to those who currently have Bilsteins and want to make them safe. Continue to bash or complain if you like, but I'm not sure it serves much of a purpose now.

Stoney

Jamo 10-03-2008 10:07 PM

Let's start winding this thing down...

Don't want anyone b!tching about us shutting off discussion, but it sounds like most folks have had their say.

:cool:

Questor 10-06-2008 02:32 PM

For me the solution is impractical. When I ship over the boarder I'll be facing brokerage fees on return and they'll be prohibitive to this making any sense. Luckily my Konis should be here soon.

ENTDOC 10-06-2008 02:41 PM

with a frame that stiff it seems inevitable that shocks would be breaking all the time

xlr8or 10-06-2008 03:04 PM

Did you forget to drink your Koolaid this morning? ;)