Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   FE TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/)
-   -   MSD Distributor (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/105264-msd-distributor.html)

flipscobra 06-25-2010 11:17 AM

MSD Distributor

Thanks PatrickT I put your setup in my distributor,an its seems to be working fine it woke the Cobra up, I also found out my linkage was not allowing the carb to go to WOT. I also went thru the valves an adjusted them its a blast to drive again. I appreciate from everyone at Club Cobra, just wish there were more Cobras around Savannah Ga. CSX 4339 was at a car show here last week, nice car.;)

patrickt 06-25-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipscobra (Post 1060808)
Thanks PatrickT I put your setup in my distributor,an its seems to be working fine it woke the Cobra up, I also found out my linkage was not allowing the carb to go to WOT. I also went thru the valves an adjusted them its a blast to drive again. I appreciate from everyone at Club Cobra, just wish there were more Cobras around Savannah Ga. CSX 4339 was at a car show here last week, nice car.;)

You're welcome. Send a PM to ERAChas and tell him I'm great.;)

blykins 06-25-2010 12:31 PM

Well to be fair, you need to try the other suggestions and see which setup works best for you. ;)

elmariachi 06-25-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1060812)

It ain't gonna help.:LOL:

patrickt 06-25-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmariachi (Post 1060833)
It ain't gonna help.:LOL:

Ain't that the truth.:LOL:

ERA Chas 06-25-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1060812)

DON'T waste your electrons Flipper...:rolleyes:

RodKnock 06-25-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA Chas (Post 1060855)
DON'T waste your electrons Flipper...:rolleyes:

Did I miss something? Did Patrick get a new nickname? Flipper? :LOL:

patrickt 06-25-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1060860)

Trust me, I've been called worse. Much worse. Wayyyyyy wooorrrrssssseee.:LOL:

ERA Chas 06-25-2010 03:13 PM

OH BTW, be on the look-out for Pat's newest publication; "Hardcore Cobra Key Fob Tech For Boys With Manicures" A how-to-do-it in 1000 easy steps!

3000 pages, lavishly illustrated with hi-res images of ---his manicure! Full sound DVD's for the first 3 purchasers-hear that key fob jangle at idle!! Cool man!:MECOOL:

patrickt 06-25-2010 03:25 PM

Obviously my most recent posting on the piston stop was too much for your insipid nature....:cool:

ERA Chas 06-25-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1060878)
Obviously my most recent posting on the piston stop was too much for your insipid nature....:cool:

Ah but your manicure was perfect.

You did not find my insights so vapid when you fragged your rebuilder damper at starter-motor RPM...:LOL:

RodKnock 06-25-2010 03:55 PM

I get it. Vapid and insipid are synonyms. Man, this site is great. New vocabulary and everything else too.

patrickt 06-25-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA Chas (Post 1060887)
You did not find my insights so vapid when you fragged your rebuilder damper at starter-motor RPM...:LOL:

That was a POS dampner alright. I'm not even sure it was Ford based either. The marks were clearly off, and it had a Chevy bolt pattern on it.

ERA Chas 06-25-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1060899)
...dampner...

Say damper:p

cdnus 06-25-2010 04:32 PM

& I thought the 2hr. Tim Conway & Friends stage show I saw Sat night was funny, but you guys (ERA & Pat) have me ROTFLMAO.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks for the entertainment, you guys are great.

Craig

patrickt 06-25-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA Chas (Post 1060900)
Say damper:p

Chilton's and I say dampner. And we also say galleys.

http://208.255.159.239/dampnername.jpg

dcdoug 06-25-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1060860)

He was talking about Flipscobra.....but it is a good nickname. :cool:

ERA Chas 06-25-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1060904)
Chilton's and I say dampner. And we also say galleys.

http://208.255.159.239/dampnername.jpg

It's a vibration damper. Chiltons is so blue collar. You should actually read Barry's book instead of taking pictures of it.

Galleys or Galleries is used interchangeably.

So you only get partial credit...:MECOOL:

patrickt 06-25-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA Chas (Post 1060908)
Chiltons is so blue collar. You should actually read Barry's book instead of taking pictures of it.

I think of myself as more blue than white.;)

RodKnock 06-25-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA Chas (Post 1060908)
It's a vibration damper. Chiltons is so blue collar. You should actually read Barry's book instead of taking pictures of it.

Galleys or Galleries is used interchangeably.

So you only get partial credit...:MECOOL:

Flipper pulled out a copy of Chilton's? :LOL:

Flipper was a name of a dolphin. A dolphin-type fish is called Mahi Mahi. OK. I'm hungry now.

Using Chilton's as your source. :eek: :)