Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   FE TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/)
-   -   Stacks on FE? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/110151-stacks-fe.html)

db replicas 04-20-2011 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a set of TWM stacks on a 427FE that went into a Kirkham.

Avmaviator 04-20-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kramer (Post 1124065)
Ps..did u decide on the induction system / engine combo?

Kramer Yes, 454 with Pond aluminum block :)

We might use the Inglese stacks as they make a set especially for the FAST EZ-EFI that we'll be using (plus they are 2 grand less). The builder will check them out and see if he likes them, compared to the TWM he usually uses. So if he believes it will work well with out system we'll go with Inglese, if not, TWM. Can't go wrong either way I see it :) (except the 2 grand...)

DB Replicas, thanks a lot, that is what I was looking for. Since we'll have a big block FE in a Kirkham looks like we'll go with the angled. Do you know how many degrees on that picture? 10 seems to be the norm.

db replicas 04-20-2011 02:57 PM

Yes, I believe they are canted at 10 deg.

razerwire 04-20-2011 03:33 PM

TWM injectors with motec conrtoler

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5086/...33e7e76715.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5001/...d02a409d6d.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5210/...5f102a777f.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5082/...a5342b267a.jpg

Dimis 04-20-2011 05:00 PM

razerwire,

That is one nice toy!!!
Congrats.

There is a motec mob near my joint and because of this it is something I'm considering.
As part of my research, and please be totally honest, are there any negatives with your motec set up? or I guess, what would you do differently next time?

Also thoughts of FAST vs Motec?

Many thanks,

razerwire 04-20-2011 05:48 PM

There is several versions of Motec. Used by Kroyer who built my motor. Engine is Shelby block 468 inches, dry sump oil system, puts out 660 h.p. 560 torque on 91 pump gas. 10.5 to 1 compression. We could not load map into my laptop for some reason, would like to get it, maybe next time. Motec has web site and explains pretty good. I have older t.w.m. on Bennett cobra with f.a.s.t. controller I plan on getting running again. Local to me guys likes f.a.s.t. ? Both seem to be popular with Motec more towards race car. I have no problems with around town or even parade speeds with car shown (Motec.)

SF_SN888KE 04-20-2011 07:43 PM

Here is Jim Inglese's own web site. the other site is through Comp Cams which I believe purchased his first company ... or something like that.

Home (jiminglese.com)
good infomation on Weber history, pics of Cobra systems, and lots more.

8-Stack systems

He will personally set up a system for you and pre-tune it. Complete with fuel regulator, gaskets, and more. Great guy to talk to. I just ordered a set for my Daytona SB 347 with turkey pan. He actually worked on 2 of the original Daytona's!

twobjshelbys 04-21-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 1122859)
This is a Roush 511 8 stack EFI.

I have the Roush 427IR 8-stack EFI too. After the altitude issues were fixed it rocks. I get 17-19 on longer drives, but only 12 or so just driving around town.

I would avoid the Accel DFI setup. It's not that it can't be made to work, but as described elsewhere that thing has so many knobs it's just hard to get it tuned right. Even Roush changed to a simpler system in the newer revsisions.

Unfortunately with Roush you have to buy the whole engine to get the stacks (although it doesn't hurt to ask). I like the looks of the Dynaformance setup.

fredcalitz 04-21-2011 07:15 AM

Introduction and help

Hi
My name is Fred Calitz and I live in Pretoria in South Africa. I have been involved with and been a member of the Cobra Club of SA for the past +-12 years and a real petrol head for as long as I can remember. I own a locally builld KCC Cobra kit car. Busy changing this to look like the original 289 FIA racer since it has the 289 engine and RHD like the European racers were.
I am seriously considering buying a ERA kit or even perhaps a finished car and would like to know from you out there that has already completed one or perhaps know where I can look around for an abandoned project maybe. Would be nice to know what to the pitfalls and benefits are, or even some suggestions?
The other alternative will be a Contempory Classic but I do however believe that the company is no longer in existence.
You are welcome to reply to my email calfam@telkomsa.net
Regards
Fred

Avmaviator 04-21-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredcalitz (Post 1124229)
Hi
My name is Fred Calitz and I live in Pretoria in South Africa. I have been involved with and been a member of the Cobra Club of SA for the past +-12 years and a real petrol head for as long as I can remember. I own a locally builld KCC Cobra kit car. Busy changing this to look like the original 289 FIA racer since it has the 289 engine and RHD like the European racers were.
I am seriously considering buying a ERA kit or even perhaps a finished car and would like to know from you out there that has already completed one or perhaps know where I can look around for an abandoned project maybe. Would be nice to know what to the pitfalls and benefits are, or even some suggestions?
The other alternative will be a Contempory Classic but I do however believe that the company is no longer in existence.
You are welcome to reply to my email calfam@telkomsa.net
Regards
Fred

Hi Fred, I believe you posted your question in the wrong thread, no worries :) Go to this link ( ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam - Club Cobra ), and post that exact same message, although using the "New Thread" button. You should get answers there.

Great Asp 04-21-2011 12:13 PM

Here ya go!

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...ce03-06-09.jpg

Dynaformance EFI.

Eric

Dennis Mosley 04-22-2011 09:25 AM

Well since it's picture time, here are a few of what I had in my car.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...g000021717.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...g000048836.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...peg0000674.jpg

428 Cobra Jet 05-05-2011 02:29 AM

Weber Injection

Guy's Have a look at the engine photo of my 427 s/o, it has a set (4) x 48IDA webers, however after being in storage for 14 years the webers were not in great shape, so I decided to turn these into injection fed, it was an original Inglese system purchased in 1993.

It took about a week of work, removed the chokes, and away we went, out with the old in with the new, today very few people can pick this is a fuel injected set up. The webers with Race setup (42 chokes, etc) 335kw at the wheels, with a street set up (37 chokes, etc) 315KW at the wheels, injection setup 370kw at the wheels (1 KW = 1.346HP) that equals approx 640hp at the flywheel. Go injection, the best part, everthing is hidden, looks just like a weber setup. Love webers, but injection just makes sense. Better idle, better fuel economy, A/c cut out on full throttle, engine idle step up for A/C, ignition timing tuneability, multipule engine setups, etc, bla bla bla.

I would never of done this with a new weber setup, but for a system that was in need of major refurb, it made sense.

Darryl

lovehamr 05-05-2011 05:26 AM

Have a look at what picture?

MOTORHEAD 05-05-2011 05:57 AM

Darryl:
You have my undivided attention ! Pics please ! I am installing my webber manifold now, and doing some porting and adding a vacumn tubing underneath, for future conversion to "Dynaformance" ("Classic") F.I. Your conversion might be a better (cheaper?) way to go ?
Ted

428 Cobra Jet 08-02-2011 02:19 PM

Allan,

I had 48IDA Inglese set up on initially (love the look), however weber tuning is such a vatiable for the street, given different pump gas quality (here in Australia anyway) so I fitted EFI, installed the injector bungs in the mainifold under the webers, fitted flat style fuel rails mounted to the floor of the manifold, to the untrained eye it is hard to pick that it is injected, the weber fuel rails are are now dummy ones, so the webers looked as they always did.

Fitted a 2 sensor hall effect in the dissy and kept the single coil system, Vipek V88 computer, has initial set up program and 4 hrs at dyno and KABAM, One very quick, and fuel efficent engine.

Good luck

Dimis 08-02-2011 04:17 PM

Hey, you just gotta share those pics... :cool:

Sorry where are my manners?
Pretty Please... :):):)

Avmaviator 08-02-2011 10:04 PM

Here is a TWM intake for an FE, with the FAST Ez-EFI system. They don't make too many of these. We had to wait a couple months to get this one. Hopefully Barry will be able to finish the engine so I can post pictures of the whole thing together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../twmintake.jpg

Keithc8 08-07-2011 09:37 PM

LIke siad there are several available. We use the Inglese and the TWm most of the time with the Fast set up. We have done wuite a few of these units. Dyno test and tune them so that they are close when installed in the car. Therfe may be a little tuniing required once in the car. The New Fast EZ-Street sell tuning stuff seems to be working very well. We have to build a manifold to tie all of the intake runners into for vacuum signal and idle air control valve hook up.
Just make sure that all of your parts are made to work together. Some of the other computer systems will work but I think they are less user friendly and more work. We have several dyno tested base tune ups and can help you with a complete system or engine.

Thanks, Keith Craft

428 Cobra Jet 08-08-2011 05:00 AM

Keith, I have a Blue Thunder manifold, it has the typical 8 port vacuum tree, I have had to use the vacuum ports for the PCV as the uneven lenghts of the vac lines make it unsuitable for the MAP sensor, I am using a Vipek V88 computer and we have not bothered with the MAP or a MAF sensor (using Air Speed, Water Temp, TPS, twin Hall effect in Dissy) so we are using the TPS to control the idle through to full throttle. The typical computers that need programming are certainly more work (approx 4hrs to set up once on the chassis dyno), however once done (if done properly) will give you many miles of hassle free and starting and driving. Idle wise you would never think 800rpm could be so smooth, Oh, if running a single coil/standard ignition system, try the ICE (Australia) ignition box and coil, It is a far better unit than the MDSD 6A. I had a dual Hall effect triggers installed in my Dissy, instead of a typical crank trigger, this is a cleaner option and keeps everything hidden. AS I stated before I have 4 x 48IDA webers that I wanted to keep but have efi fitted as well without the efi being to visual. Anyway I'll post some photos when I find out how.

Darryl