Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   FE TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/)
-   -   Bbm iron 427 fe block for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fe-talk/144976-bbm-iron-427-fe-block-sale.html)

hi-tech cobra 07-06-2021 12:46 PM

Bbm iron 427 fe block for sale

Sold For Sale: BEAR BLOCK MOTORS Cast Iron Ford 427 FE Block

1985 CCX 07-06-2021 01:00 PM

What is BBM 427?? :CRY:

twobjshelbys 07-06-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1494562)
What is BBM 427?? :CRY:

I'm curious too (only curious) so I did a Google search for "bbm 427 block" and lo and behold, one of the top hits is any of several topics here in this forum. I'm only curios right not, not motivated (it's 115*F outside, and the pool is motivating me a lot more than info on a FE block) so I'll defer to others and/or the OP as to why this is such a special thing :)

Enlighten us, please.

Danr55 07-06-2021 01:52 PM

From the very first line in the leading post, "Big Bear Motors".

joyridin' 07-06-2021 02:23 PM

Are they still cast and machined in South Korea?

patrickt 07-06-2021 03:04 PM

They're nice pieces and the folks on my other forums like them a lot. I run an original DIF iron block from centuries ago, so it's well seasoned to say the least. But if I didn't have that I would consider a BBM.

Now, I will say I like the following: :LOL:

Quote:

Don’t need to sell and know this ad will shake the stupid tree so here are the Do’s and Don’ts:
Don’t contact me if you don’t know what a BBM 427 FE block is.
Don’t contact me with offers below my asking price. This is a super rare item right now.
Do contact me if you understand what you’re looking at and have cash.
Don’t contact me unless you want to buy
Don’t ask for trades.
Don’t ask for a payment plan.
Don’t ask me tech questions about the block like how much it can be bored, what is HP, etc.
This is for big boys only.

eschaider 07-06-2021 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1494569)
They're nice pieces and the folks on my other forums like them a lot. I run an original DIF iron block from centuries ago, so it's well seasoned to say the least. But if I didn't have that I would consider a BBM.

Now, I will say I like the following: :LOL:

I thought that was quite good also Patrick.

For the uninitiated, BBM stands for Bear Block Motors. Bear Block Motors is located SoCal and produces a wide range of block, head and intake manifold products for FE engines. They also have a 392 Hemi block offering and a to die for Coyote block.

This is a link to their website click here =>Bear Block Motors. They produce some extremely high quality iron and aluminum castings using casting talent and engineering talent from Hyundai, if I am not mistaken. The parts are on par with the best OEM manufactured cast components you can find anywhere, these are not your typical aftermarket alternatives.

Ed

undy 07-07-2021 03:27 AM

I'll follow the OP's advice... I won't contact him...or... any other time he has something for sale.

Sycraft 07-07-2021 04:40 AM

i like his ad, would be interested if aluminum, not sure I want more weight in the front. What did these go for originally, still thinking it would be fun to build up.

Grubby 07-07-2021 06:22 AM

Cobras are usually close to 50/50 weight distribution. So likely no additional weight up front.

My engine builder just built me a 496 BBM. The block does and all others should be fully machined. I don’t recall how much he charged for just a machined block.

John

ERA 626 07-07-2021 07:30 PM

This add was on FB I replied " nice block man but you are a dick" he reported me and got me a 3 day stint in FB jail LOL...

Sycraft 07-07-2021 08:37 PM

https://bearblockmotors.com/shop/bbm...-engine-block/

hi-tech cobra 07-07-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA 626 (Post 1494595)
This add was on FB I replied " nice block man but you are a dick" he reported me and got me a 3 day stint in FB jail LOL...

You're a brave man for calling me a dick behind a computer screen. Sorry I hurt your mangina. I think you should reconsider your tone because we will meet at some cobra event. I think your attitude will improve in a hurry when we do.

hi-tech cobra 07-07-2021 10:26 PM

Thanks to all who appreciated my candor and honesty or didn't care one way or the other *which is the majority* you got the ad and know the frustrations of selling anything of value online. I sold a KC 482 on here years ago and the wimpy, nervous, double minded guys drove me up the wall. Luckily this piece sold along with a set of TF heads, T&D rockers, Scat Forged stroker kit, etc sold in 30 mins.

The intent of my ad meant to say, If you don't know what your looking at don't contact me, I'm working on a very demanding project and don't have allot of time for silly questions. I was being honest and upfront. I see ads like this and appreciate the directness, if it's something I don't need I keep scrolling not wishing them ill.

But there are these thought police that want to start arguments on FB behind the anonymity of a computer screen. They are quick to point fingers and talk big. To my new buddy Mike: if you want to call me a dick to my face you are most welcome to give it a try. I mean come on dude a decent human being doesn't call a man names unless he's willing to do it face to face. We are in the same club, share the same passion, love our cobras why you gotta waste people's time and start **** is beyond me. I'm too busy for such silliness. You and your little FB hit squad should go work on your cars or do something positive in the world instead of calling names and starting arguments. Feel sorry for you man.

So to all the vocal FB jack wagons that like to pick apart fellow cobra brothers and start arguments because their dicks are too short you have my sincerest apology for hurting your mangina.

Jamo 07-08-2021 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA 626 (Post 1494595)

So Mike, why ya gotta be such a dick? :p And HiTech, why in the hell am I having to look up to see WTF a mangina is? :JEKYLHYDE

Ok kids...everybody lighten up. I just had full implants. No...not my tits...they're big enough (could use a shave though). Uppers and lowers...all in 2 days, including yanking teeth and bone grafts. I'm reading this while in the midst of a 60s-level high from some Vicodin, good Scotch and other stuff, and y'all are disturbing my moment of peace.

Pretty please? :cool:

patrickt 07-08-2021 05:19 AM

God how I've missed threads like this.:LOL:

RB60 07-09-2021 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 1494605)
So Mike, why ya gotta be such a dick? :p And HiTech, why in the hell am I having to look up to see WTF a mangina is? :JEKYLHYDE

Ok kids...everybody lighten up. I just had full implants. No...not my tits...they're big enough (could use a shave though). Uppers and lowers...all in 2 days, including yanking teeth and bone grafts. I'm reading this while in the midst of a 60s-level high from some Vicodin, good Scotch and other stuff, and y'all are disturbing my moment of peace.

Pretty please? :cool:

You shave your tits? :eek:

1ntCobra 07-09-2021 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RB60 (Post 1494625)
You shave your tits? :eek:

Well, if you were a competitive swimmer like Jamo, you would shave all of your body hair. :JEKYLHYDE :LOL:

Dominik 07-09-2021 08:42 AM

This is actually the most funny thread since long. I get the seller and also Mike (ERA 626).
You both should have a bear together, because either of you have a point.

I didn't know there is a FB jail - lol!

1ntCobra 07-09-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominik (Post 1494639)
This is actually the most funny thread since long. I get the seller and also Mike (ERA 626).
You both should have a bear together, because either of you have a point.

I didn't know there is a FB jail - lol!

There is definitely a FB jail. I have a friend who regularly gets 30 days due to repeat offenses. He sort of gets around it by having 3 or 4 accounts that he posts from. One of the accounts that he uses is him as his pet dog. Maybe he could avoid jail if he restricted the audience of his posts or avoided posting in areas that Karens might easily get offended by what he says or how he says it... :LOL: