Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Finish Line--- Speak with Paula & Enzo

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2023, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KCC Venom (BDR)
Not Ranked     
Default Is Finishline finished?

I think I made a mistake by ordering parts from them and only after the fact saw so many customers complaining about the service. Has anyone has any positive experiences within the last couple of months?
Old 09-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra_ZA View Post
Has anyone had any positive experiences within the last couple of months?
Uhhh, you mean with them? Or just generally speaking?
Old 09-12-2023, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Did you search the forum ??? Lots of topics and stories...

The sign in front should say "Enter at your own risk".

Oh, really bad. You're overseas, right???

If you check to see if there is a charge and you do not have a tracking number tell Finish Line that you are putting a dispute on the charge (and then do it). Do it immediately, don't wait for the statement unless the card company tells you that you have to wait...

Hope you can wind your way out of this with either what you ordered or a refund.
Cobra_ZA likes this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 09-12-2023 at 03:21 PM..
Old 09-12-2023, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Also your qualifier "positive experiences within the last couple of months" is how they seem to be getting by. It's obvious from posts here that they dribble in a completed order every once in a while to show that they're doing something, but if you see the number of positives "I got it" are dwarfed by the "this place sucks" comments...

Good luck.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

You're right, Tony! Centurian, GP is about 55 or 60 km north of Johannesburg, South Africa.

Tony sort of said it all and very nicely, ZA. Finishline today is not the Finishline that built the stunningly good reputation that the new owner has so successfully squandered. It's best to stay away from them/him, especially if you are out of the country as you are.

If you need Cobra stuff, there are several other reliable sources. One worthy of your consideration is Vintage Wheels, Inc., who advertises on CC, Click here to go to their Cobra Parts pages, =>Cobra Parts

They have a decent selection, prompt service, and they support our community on this site through their advertising.
Cobra_ZA likes this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 09-12-2023, 07:41 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Has anyone ever been to "Finishline's" Store/warehouse since Trevor took over? I would like to know, since Brent (EM-0785) & I still would like to buy the remaining stock, for a reasonable "price", and pass the saving onto the customer, then see where it goes from there. I have the time and ability to answer a phone/email and ship items out. It would be a "Hobby Business" as long as we don't lose money, I'd be fine to run it. Saying this I know (Tony, ) we wouldn't make million, that's not a goal, but to help out other Cobra owners. Cheers Tom. As most of you know I can talk Cobras all day
eschaider, kevins2 and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 09-13-2023, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Has anyone ever been to "Finishline's" Store/warehouse since Trevor took over? I would like to know, since Brent (EM-0785) & I still would like to buy the remaining stock, for a reasonable "price", and pass the saving onto the customer, then see where it goes from there. I have the time and ability to answer a phone/email and ship items out. It would be a "Hobby Business" as long as we don't lose money, I'd be fine to run it. Saying this I know (Tony, ) we wouldn't make million, that's not a goal, but to help out other Cobra owners. Cheers Tom. As most of you know I can talk Cobras all day
I have a nagging feeling that the warehouse is full of vaporware and that he's selling stuff that isn't in inventory and when it comes time to get it to pass through it's either not available or priced higher than his price...

It's a huge ego that he won't let go since my guess is the little business he does get comes from here where his reputation is known. That can't amount to one or two orders a quarter. Even if he's kiting he's still not moving enough cash to keep it up.

Too bad credit card companies don't share data for problem orders. I do know that companies will cut off vendors if there are too many problems.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I have a nagging feeling that the warehouse is full of vaporware and that he's selling stuff that isn't in inventory and when it comes time to get it to pass through, it's either not available or priced higher than his price...

It's a huge ego that he won't let go since my guess is the little business he does get comes from here where his reputation is known. That can't amount to one or two orders a quarter. Even if he's kiting he's still not moving enough cash to keep it up.

Too bad credit card companies don't share data for problem orders. I do know that companies will cut off vendors if there are too many problems.
+1 on what Tony said.

The good news is the walls are closing in on this guy. Reduced sales provide reduced revenue, and at some point, the cash flow goes negative. You can bet that Trevor (if that is his name) will not pony up the additional monies necessary to get the business up and running again. At that point, it folds.

Once the business is defunct, continued advertising of goods for sale and taking people's monies for unavailable products begins to look like a fraud. The sad part is someone will need to take the step (spend the money) to prosecute him for this, and the outcome of that event usually does not compensate them for their efforts.

The best course of action is to steer a wide path around this guy, buy elsewhere, and warn others so they do not become victims of his mischief. In time, the natural dynamics of the free market system will erase Finishline from everyone's radar screens. Those who have been victimized have little practical recourse other than to lick their wounds and remember what happened so they can avoid future fraudsters as they appear — and they will.

What a sad ending for the great business that Enzo built.
twobjshelbys and Alfa02 like this.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
What a sad ending for the great business that Enzo built.
That is so true. I bought a few things when Enzo had the store. Everything was wonderful. Then someone buys the business - and the name and associated "good will" which actually has value - and for whatever reason destroys the business but also the reputation of the previous owner.

The same has happened to other businesses that came highly recommended on this forum only to collapse under new ownership. Craft was a victim as I recall.

The other aspect is that he's pretty much burned the bridges with the community that has been around for a while. What's left are the newbies that either don't know about the feedback here, who don't read the feedback here, or simply feel it's worth one last shot. The size of that population is quickly diminishing.
eschaider, Alfa02 and Cobra_ZA like this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 09-13-2023 at 10:35 AM..
Old 09-13-2023, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KCC Venom (BDR)
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for chipping in this conversation. I had no suspicion that Finishline turned dodgy and unreliable since they have been around for so long and never even thought to check current customer comments and reviews.

I already contacted the bank to put in dispute since there has been no communication back from them and the order status have not changed at all. This could potentially be expensive school fees.

In future I will make more use of the forum to get some current advice to get the correct parts and finish off my project.

Currently I am shopping for the majority of the interior bits from switches, lap belts, door latches, etc.

Your inputs are appreciated!
Old 09-13-2023, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     

I would try these guys, https://www.csxparts.com/ I've had nothing but success with them. Quick service and they back their products.

John O

Quote:
Thanks guys for chipping in this conversation. I had no suspicion that Finishline turned dodgy and unreliable since they have been around for so long and never even thought to check current customer comments and reviews.

I already contacted the bank to put in dispute since there has been no communication back from them and the order status have not changed at all. This could potentially be expensive school fees.

In future I will make more use of the forum to get some current advice to get the correct parts and finish off my project.

Currently I am shopping for the majority of the interior bits from switches, lap belts, door latches, etc.

FFR428 likes this.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Performance

I would try these guys, https://www.csxparts.com/ I've had nothing but success with them. They carry almost everything you would need, but there is a minimum purchase. Quick service and they back their products.

John O

Quote:

Cobra_ZA likes this.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Jolsen, I've dealt with for years, always with satisfaction. Their name was Cobra Restorers at the time.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Restorers

I believe that Cobra Performance purchased all or part of the inventory of Cobra Restorers. After Chuck had died Sandra tried to carry on but perhaps it had gotten to be too much for her. I had done business with the Gutkys for years. They were certainly a class act.

John O
Old 09-13-2023, 05:31 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

So gentleman, I get the drift to not even try to contact Trevor, Tayor, or whatever his name is. I would like to be the one to get what left of the inventory, once the business go's belly up. What do you guys think Yes/no to contact ?? I'm up for suggestions on how to process, if at all. Cheers Tom.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
So gentleman, I get the drift to not even try to contact Trevor, Tayor, or whatever his name is. I would like to be the one to get what left of the inventory, once the business go's belly up. What do you guys think Yes/no to contact ?? I'm up for suggestions on how to process, if at all. Cheers Tom.
Tom, I have seen this before, if you contact them to early, they will just throw away your number! It's like AA, until they admit they have a problem, it's no use talking to them, "I don't have a drinking problem, you have the drinking problem!" Also, where no one has seen the inventory for a long time, I would be afraid that it might be the old trick of Ben Franklin on the outside, and nothing but cut up newspaper on the inside of the money role! If there is a decent inventory left, it would be nice if you could get it! Cheers, Dennis
eschaider, twobjshelbys and Alfa02 like this.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Has anyone ever been to “Finishline’s” Store/warehouse since Trevor took over? I would like to know, since Brent (EM-0785) & I still would like to buy the remaining stock, for a reasonable “price”, and pass the saving onto the customer, then see where it goes from there. I have the time and ability to answer a phone/email and ship items out. It would be a “Hobby Business” as long as we don’t lose money, I’d be fine to run it. Saying this I know (Tony, ) we wouldn’t make million, that’s not a goal, but to help out other Cobra owners. Cheers Tom. As most of you know I can talk Cobras all day

I would wait a bit more, Tom.

People who so badly mismanage a good business with a great name and significant reputational (is there such a word?) goodwill are usually reluctant to sell until their business’s financial walls collapse. That usually happens in Bankruptcy court. Suddenly, they have a lower price point that looks good because it gets them out of the hot water they find themselves in, and that is their first order of business.

Attempts to buy before the pain is sufficiently high can result in you paying a higher (sometimes significantly higher) price than the business is worth. When the current miscreant owner finds himself in financial hot water that threatens his wealth, you will find the most cooperative seller.

At the Battle of New Orleans, Old Hickory said, ‘Hold your fire ‘till you see the whites of their eyes.’ That is still good advice today for an acquisition like this ...
Alfa02 likes this.

Old 09-14-2023, 03:48 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Ah Ed, what a flood of memoires came back, with the lyrics of the Late Great "Mr. Johnny Horton". 'The Battle of New Orleans' & 'Sink the Bismark'. Grandpa & I after Sunday morning Chruch, would crank up the ol'RCA Console, and smile, after also listening to Tennessee Erine Ford had sung '16 Tons' Thank you for the simpler times "Memories" Ed. I have a LP of each in my record collection to this day. Cheers Tom.
eschaider likes this.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ah Ed, what a flood of memoires came back, with the lyrics of the Late Great "Mr. Johnny Horton". 'The Battle of New Orleans' & 'Sink the Bismark'. Grandpa & I after Sunday morning Chruch, would crank up the ol'RCA Console, and smile, after also listening to Tennessee Erine Ford had sung '16 Tons' Thank you for the simpler times "Memories" Ed. I have a LP of each in my record collection to this day. Cheers Tom.
I have them and a number of other similar favorites also, Tom, although, these days, mine are digital. Those artists and performers were from a different generation and value system but foundational to our own as were were young boys growing up. They contributed significantly to the value systems so many of us embrace today. I hope today's value-challenged can find a similarly good foundation to build on.
Alfa02 likes this.

Old 09-14-2023, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You already know my opinion on trying to rejuvenate this. Run away. Sorry but it's a lost cause. There is no inventory or he'd be filling orders. It's not that he's lazy or drunk he's got nothing except vaporware.

And what makes you think you'll get any different results than anyone else? He'll say you can have everything for $1000, he'll box it up and send it to you. You send $1000 and get a canceled check and nothing.

You could go in person and take it all away for scrap (you know, like the pickers used to do) but he won't go for that.

Wait for the bankruptcy. The court will probably welcome any pickers for pennies on the dollar. There might be a few gems but I wouldn't want to make book on it.
eschaider likes this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 09-14-2023 at 09:30 AM..