Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Finish Line--- Speak with Paula & Enzo (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/finish-line-speak-paula-enzo/)
-   -   Lack of Customer Service (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/finish-line-speak-paula-enzo/141962-lack-customer-service.html)

Sawdust 01-23-2019 06:25 AM

Lack of Customer Service

Is anyone else having issues with Finishline Accessories? I placed an order in early January and to date I have not heard anything from Finishline. No reply to my emails or phone messages. I can see the status of my order is "not shipped" but they still charged my credit card.

I was wondering if this is how they operate?

Trubble 01-23-2019 08:35 AM

Shipped Quick!

Sawdust:

I ordered some parts in December, and got pretty fast delivery. Don't know how long you've been waiting, but FinishLine is a one-man show at present. I used a gift certificate I picked up in the silent auction at the 2018 Ohio Cobra Club show.

Trubble 01-23-2019 08:36 AM

Let me "amend" my post, Sir. Although titled "shipped quick" it got to my home just before Christmas.

Alfa02 01-23-2019 09:28 AM

I ordered some piece's a few years ago, everything came in a timely fashion. Then, 2-month's ago, I had some question's about price's for wing window hardware, and the glass wing windows, I called 3-times though the month, nothing, no call back, Emails. Finally gave up and went elsewhere. Cheers Tom.

Sawdust 01-23-2019 12:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated! My order was placed early January with no response from them yet.

I'll keep trying!

gsharapa 01-23-2019 02:00 PM

I placed an order January 14th and was also charged but haven't seen any ship information. I called this am and he did answer and told me one part was back ordered and he has the vendor shipping it direct to me and the other part he is shipping tomorrow. He did tell me he is about a week behind being a one man show right now but was very diligent in getting back with me this afternoon for the updated shipping information.

Sawdust 01-23-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsharapa (Post 1457265)
I placed an order January 14th and was also charged but haven't seen any ship information. I called this am and he did answer and told me one part was back ordered and he has the vendor shipping it direct to me and the other part he is shipping tomorrow. He did tell me he is about a week behind being a one man show right now but was very diligent in getting back with me this afternoon for the updated shipping information.

So maybe things will get better!

Francky 01-23-2019 05:20 PM

I placed an order for mats and never ever got them.
Email, phone calls, voicemail, they never ever got back to me, not a single word.

After weeks, I eventually filled a complain to my bank and got refunded from the bank.

Even if I had a mail from them telling me they were out of stock, with a wait time of 6 months, I would have waited for mats, but they do not return anything.

I understand the one man operation and I have a huge respect for the small businesses supporting our passion, but Finish Line is just bad business.

eschaider 01-23-2019 08:08 PM

When firms charge your card in advance of shipping the components you have ordered they are usually using your purchase dollars for operating capital. The problem was brought on by poor to bad business management. By charging your card in that fashion they typically do not address the underlying problem and the business will continue its downward financial spiral. At some point they hit a bottom that is usually called bankruptcy.

It would be to your advantage to ask your bank card provider to cancel the transaction if it is not too late. Many cards will require you to make that request within about 60 days of the problem. If the charge reversal window has closed you have essentially two options left. The first is to visit in person (if you are close enough) and attempt to pick up your parts. The second is to wait patiently and hope he ships your stuff before he goes under. Neither is particularly attractive.

Actually there is a third option which is Small Claims Court. Even when you win, you then have to identify the location of his assets and get the proper court documents on file to allow you or someone who specializes in these sorts of events to seize the property necessary to make you whole again and compensate the service you used if you chose to use one. Each alternative is about 40 miles of bad road.

Ed

moar_carbz 01-23-2019 09:17 PM

It's been a couple months since I've been over there, but as another poster mentioned above, Finish Line is a one-man operation these days. Every time I go there the story is the same, Taylor is on the phone helping one person while two or more additional lines ring that he can't get to. I feel bad walking in there, that anything other than my rapidly exchanging goods and money is causing somebody else's phone call or email to not get addressed. He even has inventory that he doesn't have on the website, he doesn't have time to add it.

Ed, I know what you're saying about businesses using customers' funds to band-aid cash flow problems, I've seen that before, but I'm not getting that vibe. My opinion isn't worth much, but that's what it is. What's the solution besides calling and calling and calling again? I don't know.

joyridin' 01-24-2019 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moar_carbz (Post 1457285)
It's been a couple months since I've been over there, but as another poster mentioned above, Finish Line is a one-man operation these days. Every time I go there the story is the same, Taylor is on the phone helping one person while two or more additional lines ring that he can't get to. I feel bad walking in there, that anything other than my rapidly exchanging goods and money is causing somebody else's phone call or email to not get addressed. He even has inventory that he doesn't have on the website, he doesn't have time to add it.

Ed, I know what you're saying about businesses using customers' funds to band-aid cash flow problems, I've seen that before, but I'm not getting that vibe. My opinion isn't worth much, but that's what it is. What's the solution besides calling and calling and calling again? I don't know.

I would think that if is business were really that busy, he would look into hiring another person to answer the phone and take orders. Even a part-time person would cut the work load by a huge amount giving him time to ship orders and add inventory.

Sorry, but being too busy to handle the customers that are making your business supposedly thrive is a pretty bad excuse. I have 2 guys near me that just opened a machine shop. They are there every single day including Saturday's and Sunday's getting parts out the door.

Sawdust 01-24-2019 07:22 AM

Glad to report Taylor called me. He was very apologetic and sorry about my order. I have since got confirmation my order has been shipped.

Going forward I will think twice about ordering from him.

cycleguy55 01-24-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyridin' (Post 1457294)
I would think that if is business were really that busy, he would look into hiring another person to answer the phone and take orders. Even a part-time person would cut the work load by a huge amount giving him time to ship orders and add inventory.

Sorry, but being too busy to handle the customers that are making your business supposedly thrive is a pretty bad excuse. I have 2 guys near me that just opened a machine shop. They are there every single day including Saturday's and Sunday's getting parts out the door.

Agree 100%.

twobjshelbys 01-24-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdust (Post 1457301)
Glad to report Taylor called me. He was very apologetic and sorry about my order. I have since got confirmation my order has been shipped.

Going forward I will think twice about ordering from him.

Squeaky wheel and all that.

ACademic 01-25-2019 03:12 PM

FYI. Taylor just responded to my email in quick fashion and provided the update that I requested. I agree with others that the customer service levels that Enzo (and subsequently Jackie) provided were superior. But I’m willing to give this guy some slack and allow him to either move up along the learning curve or customers will speak with their wallets.

One man operations have their challenges. What we never know is if there is a back story or private matter that isn’t shared (i.e. sick family member)? I recall when Enzo had fallen ill and there were several orders that went awry before the family was able to get their arms around it. Life happens.

HI Cobra 01-26-2019 02:55 PM

I would think hiring someone to help (even a "temp help") to get caught up on communications, orders, etc part time would get him over the hump. I ordered
some glass wind wings a few months ago and had them in 2 weeks. We don't
know what is going on behind the scenes but maybe some of these comments might help him to get better organized. I owned a smaller business for 30+
years and know stuff happens. Sometimes one has to work extra to catch up.
If you don't, you might find you eventually end up with way to much free time
because the orders stop coming in. Hope that doesn't happen with his business
because it is convenient to get stuff you need for these cars.

migge 02-20-2019 06:38 AM

Trying to get in contact with Taylor again, no response for the last 12 days. ???

sea2jet 02-20-2019 02:36 PM

I just received my order from finishline yesterday for glass wind wings and sun visors. It took about 2 weeks to get but did ship. I did have a Lucas switch on order for about a month but he was awaiting stock. I'm sure you will get your order.

ACademic 02-21-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migge (Post 1458474)
Trying to get in contact with Taylor again, no response for the last 12 days. ???

He is very erratic on communication. Sometimes you will experience a near immediate response and other times it may take 2-3 "pings" at him to get one. And this is just with email, the easiest and least personal form of "professional" communicating. Solid communication is the easiest parameter to fix to ensure quality customer service...He doesn't have it. Some of his pricing is better than competitors but the uncertainty and aggravation level begs the question whether it's worth it. I give Finishline good marks on parts inventory depth and pricing, fair marks on actual availability, and a straight fail on communication/customer service. Not a winning combination.

BAsque1 02-22-2019 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdust (Post 1457247)
Is anyone else having issues with Finishline Accessories? I placed an order in early January and to date I have not heard anything from Finishline. No reply to my emails or phone messages. I can see the status of my order is "not shipped" but they still charged my credit card.

I was wondering if this is how they operate?

I would not give Finishline the time of day, their customer service SUCKS!!