Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Finish Line--- Speak with Paula & Enzo (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/finish-line-speak-paula-enzo/)
-   -   AC pedals (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/finish-line-speak-paula-enzo/46362-ac-pedals.html)

Jon Miller 12-14-2003 10:20 PM

If any of you guys have ever been to Rescue you would know why Pat had 4 hours to kill polishing his pedals.......The only two things in beautiful down town Rescue are a post office and a fire station. Maybe we should all send our rough cast aluminum to Pat just to give the poor guy something to do :)!

-Jon Miller

P.S. Pat I've been looking for property there for the last couple of years.........let me know if you run across 5- 10 acres with trees on Deer Valley Rd.

ccomt 12-15-2003 04:01 AM

C'mon, we're being pikers! Imagine if we fabbed the pedals out of marine grade stainless and added titanium needle bearings to the pivot and super bright LED's peaking through the grommets to light them up at night! LOL

All joking aside Pat - those pedals are gorgeous! I've now copied the picture so I know how mine should look.

BMK 12-15-2003 05:19 AM

Hey

:3DSMILE:

Some people have just to much spare time!!

I'm getting the paint out tomorrow

**)

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.

Rebel1 12-15-2003 06:00 AM

GAWD!!...Now I gotta decide what colour I'm gonna paint in the center :D

sheezzz %/

misfit41 12-15-2003 10:10 AM

the hot water works wonders,,I learned that a long time ago putting on model car tires.
Another good tip : after you get them on,using a toothpick while rolling up the edges of the rubber to appply some J&B weld or like wise epoxy,they wont come out, Tim

PatBuckley 12-15-2003 09:32 PM

Thanks for the comments!

Regarding the poor fit of the rubber grommets in the pedals - I had to put the pedals in a mill and machine some shoulders on the grommet openings so the rubber would fit properly.

Jon Miller - do it soon - property values around here are going up fast!

Snakebit 12-16-2003 04:08 AM

Pat awsome job. These guys are just jealous! Just received a pair my self and will be buffing them up at work. Did you clear coat them? The pedals did need some minor finishing from the casting, but they are the nicest looking pedals around. They are a thick casting, about 1/4 inch, so there is plenty to work with. Another great product from Enzo.

BMK 12-16-2003 04:44 AM

Hi all

Well true to my word I took my pedals off today and sprayed them.. Then rubbed them back leaving the paint in the recessed areas.

%/

They looked pretty good. Just sprayed some clear over them and this will wear off over time.

Took the tip and sprayed some soap on the pedal.., boy do those gromets just slip right in. Great tip.

Great looking pedals now

Thanks for the tips and the pictures. I have the best looking pedals down under.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.

Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2" - March 13th and 14th..

FFR428 01-08-2004 12:35 PM

Ordered a set of these today. They are a late Christmas gift from my son. Pat thanks again for the great tips. Glenn.