Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Finish Line--- Speak with Paula & Enzo (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/finish-line-speak-paula-enzo/)
-   -   AC pedals (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/finish-line-speak-paula-enzo/46362-ac-pedals.html)

daxcobrav8 10-16-2003 07:41 AM

AC pedals

Hi.I am very disappointed with the AC pedals as the rubber grommets do not fit and do not look the part as I am a customer in England I am looking for suggestions.
Regards David

Enzo Alibrandi 10-16-2003 08:44 AM

The rubber grommets needed to go into very hot soapy water at first to make them fit. If they went in easily they would come out after time. We've sold 100's and no one else hasn't been able to make them work.

daxcobrav8 10-16-2003 11:21 AM

Dear Enzo
I think your Company should take time to explain this kind of thing in a small note in future don’t you. By the way I am waiting delivery of your twin external radiator fans, Is their anything I need to know about this item for them to work?
David.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.153.87

rdorman 10-16-2003 11:29 AM

Speaking for myself

Please take no offense. Cobra replicas are not exactly off the shelf part type of cars. Everyone of us has had to tweat this and that to get it to work. Going after Enzo will probably not win you any friends here. If there is a problem with one of his products, contact him and there will be no more problem.
Thanks
Rick

Randy Resetar 10-16-2003 11:44 AM

I agree with Rick. Enzo and his company are easy to deal with. I have A/C pedals on my unique FIA and all I have to say is what rubber grommets...I lost those a long time ago...:LOL: :LOL:

jopper 10-16-2003 11:55 AM

I don't believe instructions always come with items that only require a little common sense.

Enzo Alibrandi 10-16-2003 11:56 AM

David,

Your twin fans left today via the post office, express, insured. I sent them that way for you to save you a lot of money on UPS charges and customs brokerage charges. The twin fans are pretty much a bolt on item. If you get them in your hands and have any questions we will be happy to help you.

Also, I have instructions with many things and with many there just aren't any. The forums are great as everyone gives hints how they do different things. Lots of the cars are different and there are lots of different approaches to installing things. Its not intentional if you find something difficult and we're happy to answer any questions if we can.

Paula

daxcobrav8 10-16-2003 12:11 PM

Thank you, I look forward to geting them.
David

daxcobrav8 10-16-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jopper

I don't believe instructions always come with items that only require a little common sense.

If you can’t be constructive keep out of it

wilf leek 10-16-2003 12:46 PM

Please forgive the abrupt mood of my fellow countryman. He must have had a bad day.
What can I say, he's put a chevy engine into a Cobra, anything else pales into insignificance! :LOL:

Wilf

casaleenie 10-16-2003 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by daxcobrav8

If you can’t be constructive keep out of it

dax,

I agreed with your "instructions please" statement and

I was somewhat sympathetic until the above post....

Dorman was correct in that your query should have gone to Enzo personally...

and as per profile.., "hope you get that F***ing car sorted out"

rdorman 10-16-2003 01:18 PM

Dear Dax
Wasn't it George Bernard Shaw that said the English and the Americans are two people seperated by a common lanquage? And the most difficult of them being the written lanquage.

I, just like it appears that Jopper did, took your response to Enzo to be HEAVILY sarcastic.

If no sarcasm was intended, then we should re-read the first paragraph of this post and strive for clarity in our written word. BUT, if sarcasm was intended, then I only have one thing to say in regards to your response to Joppers post: If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

Rick

REDSC400 10-16-2003 01:40 PM

I have a pair of the AC pedals in my spares that came with #375. When I looked them over, I did notice that they were rough or in "As Cast" condition. I suspect they could use some time with a belt sander or drum sander to finish off the edges and facia. However the rough face could be a benefit for grip.

The rear of the pedal is neither drilled for the pinion nor is it slotted to fit on the pedal bar(s). Thus, it appears that some amount of custom fitting,
(which could be very easy if you have a good milling machine,
or somewhat easy if you have a drill press, mini grinder and hand files,
or more difficult and labor intensive if all you have is a hand file and hand drill)
is needed.

The black rubber traction knobs are in the bag, and I have not tried to install them as of yet. My car has the ERA pedals and see no reason to change them.

In any case, it would seem, IMHO, that purveyors of this product should indicate in some manner that some amount of fitting is needed for final installation. More data is always better than less as far as I am concerned.
:)

jopper 10-16-2003 03:33 PM

I apoligize if I reacted to what I thought I was reading. I thought it was sharp and sarcastic. The simple fact that someone was unable to get a grommet into a hole seemed small potatoes to me compared with the awesome task of assembling a car.

Also, there could be so many different combinations of assembly variances as to attaching the pedals to the arms, how would you address those in an instruction sheet.

For me, part of the fun??? of building my car was overcoming the many obstacles I was confronted with. I sort of miss this now that my car is done.

As far as casting flaws go, how perfect do they need to be. Are the admirers of your car going to crawl head down into your footbox and examine the pedals.

How much more would you be willing to pay for a "perfect pedal"

PatBuckley 10-16-2003 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I only have about four hours in these....

Rick Parker 10-16-2003 07:18 PM

$400.00 pedals..............yikes

jhaynie 10-17-2003 08:16 AM

Not knocking Finish Line, because everything I've ordered has worked out fine, but I have to agree about the pedals.

I bought my kit used and the owner included a set of these pedals. Me not being a machinist saw the pedals, looks at how the Wilwood setup on my Unique is, and put them back in the bag. They really could use some refining.

Jopper,

How could you ask that question? Have you seen what some of us pay for the perfect engine, perfect wheels, perfect shifter knob, etc. etc. etc.:D :D

John

ac andy 10-18-2003 07:08 PM

Pat, they look great. Nice work!

Andy.

FFR428 12-14-2003 05:50 PM

Pat. if you don't mind me asking how did you get such a nice finish on the pedals? What type of paint did you use on them? They look fantastic! Glenn.

PatBuckley 12-14-2003 06:35 PM

Glenn -

You have a message.

Pat