17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-24-2014, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Best value garage hoist

Looking at buying a hoist for my garage and have decided on a 4 post lift. I am looking to gain some insight from those of you who have purchased these lifts to help me in my decision as to which brand and model to buy.

The Bend Pack HD-9 seems to be very popular and is designed for everyday /constant use but that of course comes at about a 30% premium over the cheaper lifts of the same weight rating say the EFP7K.

I have always believed in gathering information form others rather inventing the wheel so hopefully you will share your experiences good and bad with me.

So what lifts have you all purchased and why?
Old 08-24-2014, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A
Not Ranked     

Check out the lift discussions on the Ford GT Forum (fordgtforum.com)- they are extensive.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR
Not Ranked     

I have an Eagle 7000# four post for 11 years and no problems, store one car on top and one under.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1235
Not Ranked     

I have this lift. It works great. AtlasŪ Garage Pro 8,000 4 Post Lift
Superformance #1235
460/T5
Old 08-24-2014, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I bought a Directlift...they are one of the few residential lifts that are certified. I believe the parent company is Rotary Lift. I see you are in Waterford, I am in Shelby Twp. The lift came from Sterling Hts so you could eliminate shipping. I had mine installed for $2800.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

I'm very happy with my Bendpak HD9. I think the extra cost is worth it for the quality.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbagg View Post
Looking at buying a hoist for my garage and have decided on a 4 post lift. I am looking to gain some insight from those of you who have purchased these lifts to help me in my decision as to which brand and model to buy.

The Bend Pack HD-9 seems to be very popular and is designed for everyday /constant use but that of course comes at about a 30% premium over the cheaper lifts of the same weight rating say the EFP7K.

I have always believed in gathering information form others rather inventing the wheel so hopefully you will share your experiences good and bad with me.

So what lifts have you all purchased and why?
Hi there.

Call Steve at AERSCO. He's in your backyard. All american made. 877-227-3726

Happy to tell you about my lift - 586.489.5990.

Jeff
Old 08-25-2014, 06:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

My Bend Pak has been bullet proof for 5 years. I bought it here and thought the price was reasonable. Four Post Car Lift | 4 Post Lifts From Automotive Service Equipment

Tim

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
Old 08-25-2014, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CLASSIC ROADSTERS
Not Ranked     
Default Garage lift

I went with a Eagle GLO-8000 XLT. I chose this one because of the height that I needed to get under for another vehicle , a ladder lock safety system that I think is superior, and of course, a very decent price. Aluminum ramps, under hoist oil drain, 3 drip trays and sliding jack tray as part of the package helped swing the deal. Going on 4 years now with no problems. Love it !
Old 08-25-2014, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 460
Not Ranked     

I have the Direct Lift and am happy with it. I assembled it with the help of 2 friends and it went together easily.

Brandon
Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R and CSX 6029
Not Ranked     

I don't know if it is any better than other brands but I am very happy with my Bendpak HD 9. I will likely get a second one.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 418 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I've had a Direct Lift for 6 years. No issues once I put it together.

Shipping was my major issue, and probably would be for any lift unless your vendor delivers and installs it. Mine came in a 1400 lb. package, and since it came to my house (which surprisingly lacks a receiving dock), I had to get a box truck and pick it up at a terminal. I did manage to plan ahead enough to take along some 2x6's so that the feet of the angle iron frames didn't go through the floor of the truck.

To unload, I unbolted the package while it was still in the truck and took everything off in pieces, mostly weighing between 100 and 300 lbs. I will attest that one person can manage the unloading (with the judicious application of ropes, blocks, rollers, pry bars, ingenuity, etc.), but better with two people. Ditto for the final assembly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: