Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default New guy

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Probably won't post a whole lot initially as I'm in research and planning phases of my cobra. I'm currently in Iraq so what better way to spend my time than researching, researching, researching! I'd say the biggest hurdle I can see right now is not building the kit. It's which manufacturer to buy from. The Hurricane kit seems to be my #1 choice as of now. My plan is for either a stroked 351w or going very wild and trying for an 03-04 cobra mod motor. Obviously, authenticity isn't what I'm building my cobra for! I want most of the original look but with lots of power and reliability. (I plan to drive this on long cruises such as power tour)

I'm from Erie, PA btw. I will probably be moving to the Pittsburgh or Columbus, OH area after I finish my contract in Iraq. Whichever offers the best life style for my family. I have a wife and an 18mo. old daughter.

Well, post up any sites that might help in my research as well as any opinions and places I should avoid at all costs. Thanks

Josh
Old 03-21-2008, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Same boat

Josh- I am in the same boat as far as the planning / research stage. I am lookin gat the Hurricane and a person here on the forum has a Hurricane in the immediate area I will be looking at in the future. Wish you the best and come home safely.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

I did not build mine beacue I came across what I thought was a very good deal but I seriously considered it. If I were to build I had pretty much decided on the Hurricane Kit. I researched it for months. Josh, I like the 03/04 cobra motor idea. I have two words for you if you go that route, Kenne Bell . It will hurt your resale if you go that route but it sure would make some nice power.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Josh,
I was about to build a Factory Five for the flexibility of the different kits. Donor or full kit with everything, but wheels, tires, engine and trans. I came across one that was already built near me and bought it. I couldn't have built it for what I paid and I could drive it as soon as it was inspected and titled. I have been very happy with the performance and stiffness of the frame. Mine is very predictable when it somehow goes very fast. These things have a tendency to suck your right foot to the floor and keep it there. by the way my wife doesn't believe that excuse.
Best of luck in your quest and thanks for doing your part to keep us free!!!!!!!!
Steve