Go Back   Club Cobra > Club GT40 Areas (MKI - MKII - MKIII - MKIV) > GT40 Talk
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ For Sale Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 12-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Default Lambda Performance Ford GT

" A new version of the Ford GT eligible for the 24 Hours of Le Mans has been developed in Germany. "

" Lambda Performance, a Wiesbaden-based company specializing in Ford GT tuning, unveiled the GTE-class Ford at the Essen Motor Show in late November. The car, known as the Ford GT/E, was designed by former Ferrari, Williams and Lotus Formula One engineer Enrique Scalabroni. "

LAMBDA PERFORMANCE

Le Mans: German company develops Ford GT race car - Autoweek

AUTO RACING - LE MANS: Lambda Performance Launches Ford GTE
Old 12-17-2011, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

I keep hoping that someone will be able to pull off a Ford GT based LeMans win on the 50th anniversary of the original 1-2-3. Unfortunately the LeMans GT class takes a whole boat load of money. Matech was starting to get there and then their owner/founder passed away. If I win Powerball I'll be in to make it happen
Old 12-17-2011, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Talking same engine as mine

The Matech Ford GT uses the same engine thats in my Superformance, DOHC Ford Cammer, they do use a different ecu than I do which is not available to the public, it makes a little more power than mine buy I weight a 1000 pounds less, I tried to build my cobra after the Le Mans ford GT and Man Racer Mustangs also in the Le Mans series.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

Lambda is supplying spares to the Matchs too.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I did not know that the owner of Matech passed, thats sad to hear, I saw the Piloti car in person and the amount of carbon fiber on the car was amazing, it sounded mean and when it was at high revs it screams, it won alot of races, I hope the new team does just as well in the series, Go Ford GT.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Matech specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
The Matech Ford GT uses the same engine thats in my Superformance, DOHC Ford Cammer, they do use a different ecu than I do which is not available to the public, it makes a little more power than mine buy I weight a 1000 pounds less, I tried to build my cobra after the Le Mans ford GT and Man Racer Mustangs also in the Le Mans series.
The Matech Ford GT uses a the new Ford Coyote engine built by Roush and makes some pretty big numbers. The car weighs around 2200 pounds ,at least that is what I was told. The Ford GT modular 5.4 with supercharger, intercooler, storage tank, inter cooler pump and lines is one of the reasons a stock one weighs so much (3470 lbs) The Matech car has carbon fiber body work, no bumpers, power this and that no air bags etc. and is as a result about the same weight as a Cobra in a much stiffer structure with really good aero.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

The Politi car used the Ford Cammer built by Elan Motorsports, the engine building arm of the Panoz motorsports empire, in the USA they use e85 making 500hp, in Europe they used e10 fuel, they now will use the coyote built by roush, but I built my car when the Cammer Program was top dog. By the way your Ford GT and Cobra are awesome. I have the t50 cammer they used the r50 cammer, differnt intakes, etc. Your right about the race weight I was comparing to street car trim.

Last edited by fordracing65; 12-17-2011 at 10:24 PM..
Old 12-18-2011, 12:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
The Politi car used the Ford Cammer built by Elan Motorsports, the engine building arm of the Panoz motorsports empire, in the USA they use e85 making 500hp, in Europe they used e10 fuel, they now will use the coyote built by roush, but I built my car when the Cammer Program was top dog. By the way your Ford GT and Cobra are awesome. I have the t50 cammer they used the r50 cammer, differnt intakes, etc. Your right about the race weight I was comparing to street car trim.
Thank You,

I really like the Coyote, I hear that Wiseco built one that was 5.8 liters and they expect over 700 hp with compression and good cams. The heads are really good and have a ton of potential. They are the really free reving and can run there all day as your avatar says.
The street weight of the GT is a problem, although they have good straight line performance with boost, all that weight is tough to corner with even with lots of downforce. I wish it weighed around 3000 then you could really get it done. I have heard that the engine trans and blower weigh 900 lbs, way too much for a modern power train. I think a normally aspirated big inch Coyote would really be good in a GT and take about 200-300 pounds out. The chassis and geometry are great just too much weight in the powertrain.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I saw that 5.8 coyote stroker at sema, it was suppose to be out by now, probably more testing, the Ford GT does have a heavy powertrain and trans, the Cammer and Coyote are very light engines, the GT used in Le Mans is backed by $50,000 worth of computers alone, I'm sure you now as well as anyone how Ford computer nerds can get all the hp they want with there laptops and efi programs, wish the public had those Bosch systems, I still like the cobra better, especially yours in race trim. The DOHC engine is really gonna take Ford to the next level, the heads like you said are the key to these awesome engines hp numbers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: