17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-28-2017, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing, Roush 427R, T56
Not Ranked     
Default Holley Sniper EFI on Roush 427R

Has anyone swapped out their Holley 750 for a Holley Sniper EFI? I see VMS using that system a lot lately on their engines and wondering if anyone has done it on their Roush 427.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics LS427. Self-built 408W, AFR 195 heads, Performer RPM Intake, Quick Fuel 750, 407rwhp, 479rwtq
Not Ranked     

I tried the Holley Terminator system on my 408w and it was a colossal failure. I'm not sure how the sniper system varies from the terminator. Also, I ended up having to rebuild my heads - not sure if it was cause or effect of the EFI failure.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REY 427 View Post
Has anyone swapped out their Holley 750 for a Holley Sniper EFI? I see VMS using that system a lot lately on their engines and wondering if anyone has done it on their Roush 427.
Well I have just completed my Ford 408W stroker on my Backdraft with full Sniper and Holley duel sync distributor all I can say is wow took some tuning changing settings until she was right not the plug and play as expected but she's just put down 527bhp and 512lf/lb first pull amazed so much better than the 750 carb car is a a sheer monster now worth every $
Old 11-11-2020, 08:31 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft build 93. 351 stroker
Send a message via Skype™ to TC Durango
Not Ranked     
Default Holley Sniper

I have a Holley Super Sniper on a Stroked 351. The system takes a little playing with and the laptop software some time to learn. After a little tweaking and a little hard driving to let the system auto program it really works well. No leak down or gas stink in the garage. Easy start and smooth power. You will be selling that 750 at the next swap meet if you buy this system.

TC Durango
Old 11-11-2020, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

If you want to put EFI on a Roush 427R why not just get the EFI system from the 427IR from Roush? It'll have the tune and everything you need already set up for a Cobra.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance , Roush 427SR dyno'd at 526 hp
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
If you want to put EFI on a Roush 427R why not just get the EFI system from the 427IR from Roush? It'll have the tune and everything you need already set up for a Cobra.
From what I have heard the Roush Eli is quite difficult to tune. Not a plug and play
Old 11-11-2020, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou1119 View Post
From what I have heard the Roush Eli is quite difficult to tune. Not a plug and play
That was the old Accel system which I had. It was a bear. They had not populated the Accel altitude compensation table. Once I did that it ran great.

They switched to a different system now. It's one of the self-learning ones but I believe they add a little more, don't recall which one. Supposed to be pretty good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: