Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Hurricane Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/hurricane-motorsports/)
-   -   First New Hurricane 427 Roadster Body (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/hurricane-motorsports/101105-first-new-hurricane-427-roadster-body.html)

computerworks 11-26-2009 07:32 AM

First New Hurricane 427 Roadster Body

Press Release from Hurricane - 11-25-2009

First New Hurricane 427 Roadster Body Comes Out of the Mold
First steel frame is also complete; Special plans in store for first new Hurricane

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...uricane427.jpg

LAKE CITY, IOWA- Hurricane Motorsports is making rapid progress at its new home where new owners Scranton Manufacturing are diligently reviving the legendary roadster. The first fiberglass body in nearly 2 years has emerged from the original Hurricane mold, just days after the first steel frame received its final welds. Thursday, November 19th marked the birth of the first fiberglass body, which was captured in a photo revealing the car fresh out of the mold with a black gelcoat finish. The build staff at the high-performance car manufacturer (including original fabricator Jason Kovachevich, who is overseeing the entire process) is very pleased with the quality of the first Hurricane body made in a facility specializing in fiberglass. As for where the first new car will go from here, Hurricane is only saying there are special plans they believe will excite followers.

There are only one hundred twenty-two authentic Hurricane 427 Roadsters in existence around the world (there are Hurricanes in Mexico, Belgium, and Indonesia), so the creation of car body number one hundred twenty-three is welcome news to those whom have been waiting nearly 2 years to purchase one themselves. The highly accurate shape and caliber of the Hurricane's fiberglass body, as well as the car's overall quality and completeness, have proven to be a major draw for enthusiasts. Steve Sinnard, the new vice president of Hurricane says, "It's fantastic to see this great car coming to life again. The body came out just as expected with an excellent consistency and quality." Sinnard says though the car is in preliminary production and not yet available for purchase, Scranton Manufacturing is already receiving many Hurricane order inquiries.

Hurricane believes its plans for the first new car will be exciting to its 427 Roadster owners and fans, symbolic of the car's legendary performance as well as a new era for the company. The new Hurricane Motorsports expects to announce limited availability for orders in the near future. Details will continue to be announced as they become available.

Visit the Hurricane Motorsports website at www.hurricane-motorsports.com

Three Peaks 11-26-2009 07:53 AM

I'm sure it's a nice car, but "Legendary? " Doesn't that take a bit more time to earn that title?

WildBill3 11-26-2009 08:54 AM

Glad to see your up and running again!

Blittleton 11-26-2009 09:02 AM

It is too bad Mike and Rich didn't have the backing needed for them to continue. They are friends of mine. I'm glad to see that the Hurricane is continuing. It really is a nice car.

Bill

LMH 11-26-2009 09:28 AM

Looks good to me.
Larry

MFE III 11-26-2009 10:07 AM

I'm so glad Hurricane is back. And with the deep financial and engineering resources that Scranton seems to have, this car will be better than ever.
I loved the build of my Hurricane so much, that I might just have to build me another! :D

Kit Cars Mexico 11-26-2009 11:06 AM

I am very pleased to know that these kits are being produced once again.

Alfredo Canalizo
www.kitcarsmexico.com

Gregg(What's his name)? 11-26-2009 11:17 AM

Are these continuation cars? :D

Got the Bug 11-26-2009 11:22 AM

Congrats to the new Hurricane on their first body out of the mold. Much success!!

The folks at Scranton Manufacturing might need a little nudge to come join the party on CC and start posting updates. :)

cab 11-26-2009 06:32 PM

pretty cool that the new hurricane body popped out of the mold on the 19Th ,that's my b-day.

cdnus 11-26-2009 07:35 PM

Is it just me or does that photo look phoney????
The whole background is blurry & lacking of any colour,gloss or definition, yet the newly minted body is shiney black & razor sharp in definition.
Perhaps a little computer enhancement?

Craig

dlampe 11-27-2009 05:04 AM

Craig,
Are your kidding? A Hurricane cobra conspiracy?? :eek: Say it isn't so!

This release is from their ad company. They are trying to make it look professional. They should realize we just want to see more pictures and less advertising.

Bill Bess 11-27-2009 05:28 AM

For me the Hurricane and it's story is legendary.
It's an evolving success story based on a superior frame and subframe design, a very complete kit package and a very accurate body design. The Hurricane exhitits a well balanced and quality representation of an original Shelby Cobra. I have compared all the replicas on the market and the Hurricane is in the same league as the top of the heap machines.
To just Slam any product for no real reaon is kind of stupid and mean spirted so I suggest that folks do a little honest research and thoroughly check out all the available replicas on the market and then decide.

Anyway, The best to Hurricane Motorsports rebirth.
Bill

cdnus 11-27-2009 08:37 AM

Bill
Cool your jets, nowhere did I "SLAM" the product I just critcised the poor quality of the photo/advertisement.
I would be the first to admit I know O about Hurricane or its products, so I suggest you re-read my comment then post your correction.

I also wish them sucess in their re-birth. Having had my own business for 40+ years I am more than familiar with the difficulties of doing so.

Craig

aks801 11-27-2009 09:17 AM

The photo strikes me as having an intentional "out of the past" kind of quality. As in, the background could be some original-type facility from the 60's, with the brand-new body just out of the mold. I dunno, kind of cool to me.

Those seam lines are placed interestingly. Nothing along the top ridge of the fenders, so that highly visible area gets a break. But the seams right at the front edges of the headlight buckets and nose/intake are: does that leave someone with enough room to work those areas? I'm no bodyman so have no experience in that area, so just wondering.

Oh, and the "legendary" line would probably be attributed more toward the original cars, not the short history of the first itteration of Hurricane.

I'll be watching this company's rebirth very closely, as it looks very exciting.

Bill Bess 11-28-2009 04:57 AM

OK you guys, I'm sorry if I came on sort of strong about your coments (my bad) ...I'm old and crabby.
It's just that I feel the Hurricane is such a well built replica when compared to the rest of the field.
Bill

puppster 11-28-2009 05:24 AM

I have been following Hurricane for a very long time, thinking I really wanted to build one when I could afford it. Then I saw that No. 98 car in London, and I knew I had to have one! It really is an amazing car, and except for a few details that I'm sure could be worked out with a few years of production, I felt it could be right up there with the best cars available. If Hurricane went away never to be heard from again, those of us who were moved by their product would have been telling stories about them for years. I don't know if that makes them Legendary, but I glad they are on the brink of coming back from the dead. Best of luck to Hurricane, and those of us who aspire to own one. In order to be a success they are going to need sales.

Jim Holden 11-28-2009 06:24 AM

Some electronic cameras have a feature that will focus on one color in a picture and turn everything else to black and white... as appears here.

Jim

Woodz428 11-28-2009 07:00 AM

[quote=aks801;1004691]
The photo strikes me as having an intentional "out of the past" kind of quality. As in, the background could be some original-type facility from the 60's, with the brand-new body just out of the mold. I dunno, kind of cool to me.

Those seam lines are placed interestingly. QUOTE]

I agree, it almost looks like it could have been photoshopped into a picture from the original panel beater shop in England. I don't recall ever seeing an oxygen cabinet in any of the shops I've worked at.
I think the placement of the seams is interesting as well. It looks like it would make for a lot less seam work in highly visible areas.

puppster 11-28-2009 01:52 PM

It looks like a black and white photo with some depth of field. Who would have thought? All this fuss over a press photo. I wonder if they are building the bodies in the 1960's and somehow transporting them to the present?