Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Hurricane Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/hurricane-motorsports/)
-   -   What's it worth? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/hurricane-motorsports/128162-whats-worth.html)

mnm99 03-17-2014 05:58 AM

What's it worth?

Hey guys,
I'm in the process of selling my car to get a Cobra. I'm looking at trades or a cash sale. At this moment I have someone that has a Hurricane Cobra. I'm not too familiar with them. I was wondering if anyone would know. I'm looking to sell my car for 38K and this would be an even swap. It's a 2007 kit put together in 2009. 408 stroker, ceramic headers and pipes, 9"rear, HD T5 trans, leather interior, Torque thrust wheel. I could get the rest of the info. I was told it wasn't a donor.

Thanks for your help.

LMH 03-17-2014 07:10 AM

Hurricane's don't use donor cars for parts. $38K seems like a pretty good deal. I personally know of a few Hurricane's that would go for a lot more than that.
I'm not a fan of those wheels on Cobra replica's but that's a personal choice.
What about the paint? Color? How good is it?
Larry

patrickt 03-17-2014 07:24 AM

You can't value a car without seeing the car. :cool: It could be a deal or a dog -- have someone in the local Cobra club, who is familiar with Hurricanes, look it over and drive it. Chances are, they might even already know the car. For all you know the engine is three drives away from air mailing a rod through the side of the block....

mnm99 03-17-2014 05:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a solid offer of $39500 for my car today. If I trade it would be an even swap. I don't know if I can do that for this car. I's nice, but there are things I would change, wheels for one.

LMH 03-17-2014 05:41 PM

Probably everyone would change something about a completed car. The only way to have it 100% the way you like it would be to build it yourself. I'm not familiar with this particular car but from the pics, it looks pretty good. Impossible to tell about the engine of course but it's seems like a pretty standard build in a car like this. I'd say it's priced about right.
You could have someone local who's familiar with replicas check it out. If it checks out, the rest is up to you.
Larry

patrickt 03-17-2014 05:47 PM

Larry speakum with silver tongue. :cool: Upgrading wheels is one thing. But if it's pin drives that you crave, then you are stepping in to a different league; and there's a difference between 5 pins and 6 pins. You should know what you want before you buy something you don't....

LMH 03-17-2014 06:50 PM

I have two sets of pin drives for my Hurricane and you're correct, they aren't exactly cheap.
Larry

patrickt 03-17-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMH (Post 1291474)
I have two sets of pin drives for my Hurricane and you're correct, they aren't exactly cheap.
Larry

Any time I see a first time post, from a new member, asking about the value of a car that he's just come across, that has caught his eye, my immediate impression is "this guy has absolutely no idea what he's looking at." If he has no idea what he's looking at, then he has no idea what he really wants. He would do himself a huge favor if he just put everything on hold and studied the different brands and features for a year or so. Chances are, the desire for one would then pass and he would save himself from a huge headache.:cool:

LMH 03-17-2014 08:37 PM

I agree with you for the most part. However in this case, the OP is asking about a specific car by a specific manufacturer. A manufacturer that I happen to know a little about too.
But I do agree with you in general terms for someone looking for a car like this.
I would also add that they take a day school driving class with their car. 90" is dangerous for the inexperienced. Just my opinion of course.
Larry

LMH 03-17-2014 08:41 PM

Hey mnm99, do you know what brakes the car has in it? Hurricane offered a couple different options and I was curious what it had.
Larry

mnm99 03-18-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1291478)
Any time I see a first time post, from a new member, asking about the value of a car that he's just come across, that has caught his eye, my immediate impression is "this guy has absolutely no idea what he's looking at." If he has no idea what he's looking at, then he has no idea what he really wants. He would do himself a huge favor if he just put everything on hold and studied the different brands and features for a year or so. Chances are, the desire for one would then pass and he would save himself from a huge headache.:cool:

I did my research. I know what I want, and I know my way around cars. I never said I wanted PIN drives. I know what they are. I know values can range and are many companies that build the Cobra. I looked at ones for 20K that were a POS. I would like to have a CSX , or a Superformance but just out of my price range. Backdraft would be my next pick because it's not a kit someone put together and like the Rear independent suspension. I would consider FF if I saw it and talked to the guy who built it. The only reason I asked is because Hurricane went out of business a couple times and there aren't many I see out there for sale.
The car was built at Lee's Summit, MO factory. Has the little things like correct reverse speedo and shifter, 15" steering wheel ,metal in the engine bay and firewall which I think was an option.
As for the other question. It has 4 disk Wilwood brakes and master setup. You could see the 3 masters next to the fender.

cobrakiwi 03-18-2014 03:50 AM

The car is only worth what you want to give for it, ( doesn't matter who or what make it is ) seems you know your way around a car so if it meets all your wants and needs and your happy with it grab it!
Welcome and be safe.

dallas_ 03-18-2014 06:51 AM

There are several Hurricanes here locally and from what I have seen of them they seem like a good value at that price point. If that car is as it's presented, go for it.

bwcobra15 03-18-2014 06:56 AM

Mr mnm99,

If you are anywhere near central Texas, you should make a run to San Marcos next week for the Texas Cobra Meet - Texas Cobra Meet - there will be over 110 cobras there including several Hurricanes, and Dusty of Hurricane Motorsports will be there with their trailer and demo car. You can get every question answered there.

btw Hurricane Motorsports in Iowa is a subsidiary by a very solid parent company now so you don't have to worry about that.

Bill Bess 03-18-2014 09:15 AM

Hey, just my two cents.... The Hurricane is a great cobra, one that includes everything and it's quality stuff.
I have over 20,000 miles on my Hurricane and it has always started, never quit running and has never had anything break...what's not to say about a good car.

It's worth every penny. especially when you didn't have to build it.
Good luck, Bill

Marc Wulf 03-18-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1291478)

Patrict,
I'm laughing my ... off.But,with me a year and a half ago,:LOL::LOL:you said I would probably give up and get a pos Corvette.Thing was I already had the pos Corvette lol.Got rid of it to own the Cobra I have today!

Z-linkCobra 03-18-2014 10:03 AM

Unless you have an extensive amount of tools and machinery not to mention the time...you couldn't build one for that price. The cost of the changes you want to make would be a fair amount less then a ground up build.

JMO

mnm99 03-19-2014 12:20 PM

Here are the stats on the car. Engine built in 2007 408 stroker , all forged alum heads...bla.bla.bla. It's built well. Cobra stats

Options from Hurricane:
Stage 1 suspension assembly upgrade
Limited slip upgrade
Aluminum firewall upgrade
Polished stainless quick jacks
Ceramic coated side pipes (silver)
Fully adjustable coil over upgrade
Frame coating
Windshield wiper kit
Heater kit (vents hidden under dash and blowing into foot well)
Wind wings
Engine:
351W stroked to 408CI
Built by M&R Engines of Glendale, CA, dyno-tuned at over 450hp
Aluminum heads
Aluminum radiator
Edelbrock hi-flow water pump
Full roller (cam and rockers) (COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Camshaft)
Forged internals
770 Holley avenger carb
Polished aluminum air cleaner and valve covers
Custom headers with ceramic coated side pipes
Transmission:
Tremec T-5 with 2.95 first, 1.94, 1.34, 1.00 and .63 overdrive
Tremec T-5 bell housing
10.5” stage 2 clutch kit
Correct forward facing shifter
Suspension:
4-wheel coil over suspension with QA1 adjustable shocks and rear panhard bar
4-wheel discs with wildwood master cylinder
Narrowed ford 9” rear with 31 spline axles and 3.50 posi
Torque thrust II wheels with nitto NT 555 P275
Interior:
Black leather interior with correct low back racing seats and custom fabricated leather door panels
Autometer gauges with correct reverse speedometer
Dorsett Black carpet with Jutte padding and full dynomat insulation
Paint and Misc:
Galaxy Blue Pearl with silver stripes buried perfectly so no visible lines or ridges
Fully finished and carpeted trunk with custom truck panels and hidden battery compartment
Custom stereo with custom amp rack and custom control panel under dash

LMH 03-19-2014 12:48 PM

Pretty standard Hurricane build. I thnk it's a pretty good deal. Have you driven it? What did you think?
Larry

mnm99 03-19-2014 03:33 PM

The car is 18hrs away from me. If I did anything I would have an inspector look at it probably. I dont know yet.