Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By patrickt
  • 3 Post By PaulProe
  • 1 Post By patrickt

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2022, 02:37 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Not Taking New Orders & Looking for Offers to Buy the Company

I see HMS has posted on their site that they are no longer taking orders and are entertaining offers to buy the company. That doesn't sound too good....

https://hurricane-motorsports.com/

Old 08-19-2022, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     

Patrick
You posted before the official link could be published. I've posted their official announcement with links to the various pages and documents.

Paul

Last edited by PaulProe; 08-19-2022 at 05:32 PM..
Old 08-19-2022, 05:26 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProe View Post
Patrick
Priced to help the new owner succeed.
OK, help me out here.... so how do you price your company to help the new owner succeed when clearly you couldn't keep the company going on your own?
twobjshelbys likes this.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     

Patrick
They've chosen to concentrate on their core business, which is Neway garbage trucks and PortaVet veterinary vehicles & equipment. They've been struggling with workforce challenges (can't get enough people).

I am aware of four orders that have been refused and they are in the process of delivering the last production vehicle. An opportunity for the right person or company.

At least they're doing the honorable thing rather than take orders and deposits and leave buyers high and dry. Our hobby got a very bad rap when others have done this in the past.

Paul
bwcobra15, Tommy and Seagull81 like this.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:41 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Alright, fair 'nuff.
jolsen42 likes this.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane basic kit, 408W efi
Not Ranked     

They are packing up my HM-2040 as we speak, and according to them, there’s only 2 more in production after mine. My kit had some lengthy delays, and I became very worried when I learned that Alec was jumping ship, but I was assured everything was moving forward, and will be shipped complete. Purchased in early February, it was ready to ship a few weeks ago, so it took about 5.5 months.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:53 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports Cobra, 393 Windsor, Edelbrock Direct Port EFI
Not Ranked     

Well Mine is HM 2038, and per Jake likely is the last Cobra out of the Iowa facility. It was originally scheduled for delivery in October, but as Jake is now the only employee doing anything, that has slowed a bit. He has sent pics and it seems it will be ready to ship to me in January
Old 12-30-2022, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

It would be a real shame if someone didn't keep this company going. Very nice cars.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 12-30-2022, 06:13 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull81 View Post
It would be a real shame if someone didn't keep this company going. Very nice cars.
But they can't make money doing it. When you run a business and don't make money, it's called a charity.
Old 12-30-2022, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
But they can't make money doing it. When you run a business and don't make money, it's called a charity.
No takers apparently.

They probably never really made money at it. It was a passion hobby that they swallowed the losses as part of the larger company. That's why HST shut down.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 12-30-2022 at 02:26 PM..
Old 12-30-2022, 04:56 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
They probably never really made money at it. It was a passion hobby that they swallowed the losses as part of the larger company. That's why HST shut down.
When you try to make a business out of your hobby you usually lose your hobby and your business fails. It's best to make money at what makes money and play at your hobby when you can.
Old 12-31-2022, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

With the cost to recoup from buying the business, the cost of a building, raw materials, finish parts and accesories, let alone labor. A kit would have to be at least $10000 more than it was at their last offering to remain viable, and by doing so you have just priced yourself out of the market. If you are an already establiished company you can survive but starting now in this climate and market with all these startup costs no fortunes to be made here only lost. Anyone with any sort of business degree would look at this and pass without thinking twice, is it a shame yes but it is also just reality.

Last edited by kanuck; 01-01-2023 at 07:47 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: