Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2005, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own one yet
Not Ranked     
Default Questions about the Hurrican 427

Hey guys, I’ve been in e-mail communication with Mike, but I thought it would be best for the community if we continued the conversation here.

Had a couple of questions for you…

Carpet for the trunk?
Interior door panels?
Is the shifter the lock-out style?
What do the top parts of the seat belts attach to? If the Roll bar, then does it come with the brackets?
Are the dash gauge holes cut?
How is the dash finished out (vinyl)?
Is the frame and quick jacks power coated?
Is the body holes pre-cut?
Is there a metal safety support bars inside the fiberglass door?

I noticed on dlampe photo gallery your frame has a round pipe “X” between the suspension towers. The frame on your website uses a square pipe. Which frame is correct?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-26-2005, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports 427
Send a message via AIM to azsprint6 Send a message via Yahoo to azsprint6
Not Ranked     
Default Hurricane 427

Matt, I found Hurricane to be one of the best packages out there. For the price and what is included I don't think you can beat it. I also like the non donor concept, why put used parts under something this nice? I've also been dealing with Mike and ordered my kit on 2-11. He quickly replied to all my questions (and there were many) making my decision of which kit to purchase very easy. I would prefer if Mike or Rich would answer your questions on this forum, just because everyones order may be different. I can tell you as far as my order goes- the frame does come painted and there is an option of using POR-15, the doors do not have panals and are usually painted body color, there is carpeting for trunk and material to cover the dash. Thats it- the rest is up to Mike. Hope to see pics of you putting one together, Dan
Old 02-26-2005, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I will be picking up my hurricane this week as will Jay Nordstrom. We chose Hurricane because we thought this was an exeptional value and the attention to detail is as good as some of the kits that will cost you $20,000 MORE to finish. In my opinion, I will take a kicka$$ car and save my 20K!! Call me if you have any more questions. Like most of us on the forum, I love to talk about cars. Send me an e-mail and I will forward my number.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default How do you like Hurricane?

We are looking at doing a Cobra for the shop. We have looked at several vendors and was thinking of going with Shell Valley Motors, however, they appear to have once again raised their prices and it is getting to be a little more than I care to spend on a rolling kit.

I am interested in the Hurricane Motors Cobra, unfortunately I cannot make it to their shop to see the quility and so forth. I have been in communications with Rich adn he has been really good at answering my questions.

Has anyone gotten one of their kits and if so, what is your opinion of the quility?

I am planning on builing the car with a 351W and TKO TK500 transmission. I have a couple of magazines interested in following the build.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up HURRICANE IN THE HOUSE

YEP OO3 IS HERE IN HER NEW HOME. IMPRESSIVE QUALITY AND ASSEMBLY. THE GUYS AT HURRICANE ARE TOP NOTCH IN THEIR NEW BUSINESS. CAR WAS COMPLETED ON TIME...AT LEAST MY TIME AND THAT SAYS SOMETHING. I TOLD THEM NOT TO HURRY MY CAR AND THEY WERE RECEPTIVE TO CHANGES DURING THE BUILD.

THE CAR WILL SPEND ITS LIFE AS A FULL RACER WITH A 331 STROKER. IT WILL BE COMPLETED BEFORE JUNE AND WILL BE AT RUN AND GUN. SOME REALLY RADICAL STUFF GOING INTO THIS ONE.

JAY

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 03-01-2005, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports 427 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Matt,
Here are the answers to your questions. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

- Carpet is included for the trunk.
- There are no interior door panels included. The inside of the door is gel coat and should be easy to paint.
- The included shifter is the lockout style. The lockout is non-functional but looks period correct.
- There is a 2 X 2 steel tube just below the body behind the cockpit that your shoulder belts will bolt directly to.
- The dash holes are pre cut using the S/C layout.
- The kit includes vinyl to cover the dash.
- The frame in the base kit is unpainted. We do offer a POR-15 coating option that includes the frame, rear end and all brackets.
- The quick jacks are powder coated black.
- All of the body holes are pre cut.
- The doors have metal backing plates for mounting the hinges and latches.
- We still need to update our frame pictures on the web site. The front x brace made from round tubing is in production. Our front suspension mount points have been significantly improved from the previous design. We have also dropped the drives foot box an additional 2" for increased leg room.

Hope this gives you the info you need. Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own one yet
Not Ranked     

Holy crap!!!! You guys raised the price of your kit another $1000!!!!

At this rate I'll never be able to convience my wife to let me get a Cobra.

What's the deal?
Old 03-18-2005, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Price only matters in the absence of value. Those that sell on price often bring very little value. I would put their kit among the ranks of Unique, Midstates, Everitt-morison and others of the same or better quality. This kit is still a screaming bargain. If you have question about the pro's and the con's of this kit I would be happy to talk with you.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Dean

What are you doing awake? I got home last night about 7:45 and I doubt if you made it to Illinois until 1:00 or so. I guess those three day work weeks are stressing you out

Thanks for the bottle of Wine and everything. You were very genereous but it wasn't necessary. Thanks.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 03-18-2005, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports 427 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Price Increase

Matt,
As Dean mentioned in his reply, the kit is still an excellent value at its current price. I would encourage you to compare what we offer in our base kit with others in our price range and I think you will find the current price to be a bargain.

We have experienced price increases in raw materials as have other manufacturers. The cost of materials used in the fiberglass process have been increasing at an incredible rate. Steel has been going up as well. We held our price as long as we felt we could.

Give me a call if you would like more information on our kit. I would be happy to talk to you.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Back to the Hurricanne issue:

I have seen this kit and in my opinion the Hurricanne is one of the biggest bangs for your buck. Many of their standard items are add ons with other kits costing significantly more.

In most cases you get what you pay for but in this case you get more than what you can expect with similar kits.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 03-18-2005, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Dean thanks for your number and I'll give you a call over the weekend. The pics in your gallery give me a better idea and answer some qusetions. I'm also taking a good look at this kit. I like the fact it's complete minus drivetrain and wheels with all new parts not to mention the price is very attractive. The round X tubes are an excellent touch. I'm very impressed so far. Tell me how is the trunk liner installed? Is it glassed in or bolted/rivited? G.