Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Indiana Cobra Enthusiasts (ICE) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/indiana-cobra-enthusiasts-ice/)
-   -   Looking for good Engine Guy near Indy (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/indiana-cobra-enthusiasts-ice/10341-looking-good-engine-guy-near-indy.html)

gary osborne 08-15-2001 09:33 PM

Looking for good Engine Guy near Indy

I have a SPF with the 460 stroker (514) with 10,000 miles in a little less than two years. I love this car but find the occassional trips back to Ross Ohio a burden when I need a little service. I am not all that handy with an engine (Actually I am as dumb as a rock) and need a great Ford High Performance guy who can give my car the TLC it needs and squeeze every bit of HP out of it that is possible. I don't care about cost. I want soembody who knows his stuff and stands behind his work. I want a guy who has integrity and LOVES speed. Anybody out there who can refer me to my "Dream mechanic"?

God, this sounds like it ought to be posted in a personal ad in the Indy paper.

Thanks in advance.

Gary Osborne

NAF87 08-16-2001 08:57 AM

Gary: how about the Ford dealer in Fishers that has Cobras in his showroom. just a thought.

Bill Bender 08-16-2001 10:33 AM

Gary,

I have the fortune to live about 40 minutes from John Vehrmeersh. He is "Ford Racing's" guy. When anyone calls the 800 number in the Ford Racing catalog, it rings to his shop in Mt. Clemens, Michigan.

After numerous visits to his shop and multiple consultations with him directly (he has never tired of me...yet) I deciced to have him complete my SPF with a 408 stroker.

Ford Motor Company relies on John to determine warranty claims etc on it's racing stuff. Also, John tears apart a crate motor regularly to determine quality control for Ford.

If anyone would know of a good man to service your crate near Indy, John would have to know.

His number is (313) 845-7595. Please use my name as a source of referal.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Bill Bender
SPF 1168 due off the boat August 27!!!!!:D

cobrashoch 08-22-2001 04:16 PM

engine mechanic needed?

Gary-I think I know a few guys that will fit the bill but we need to talk. Call me- Ron Shockley, 784-9517

Dave Samson 10-31-2001 08:29 PM

The best mechanic at Indy

sure to give your car a lift %/ **) :JEKYLHYDE :LOL: :MECOOL: :3DSMILE:

valpodoc 08-31-2003 08:41 AM

You may want to call KennyBrown on Gasoline alley. He builds and supplies aftermarket parts for ford products. I don't think he builds engines but will have a good builder

Roland