Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Indiana Cobra Enthusiasts (ICE)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-15-2001, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for good Engine Guy near Indy

I have a SPF with the 460 stroker (514) with 10,000 miles in a little less than two years. I love this car but find the occassional trips back to Ross Ohio a burden when I need a little service. I am not all that handy with an engine (Actually I am as dumb as a rock) and need a great Ford High Performance guy who can give my car the TLC it needs and squeeze every bit of HP out of it that is possible. I don't care about cost. I want soembody who knows his stuff and stands behind his work. I want a guy who has integrity and LOVES speed. Anybody out there who can refer me to my "Dream mechanic"?

God, this sounds like it ought to be posted in a personal ad in the Indy paper.

Thanks in advance.

Gary Osborne
Old 08-16-2001, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary: how about the Ford dealer in Fishers that has Cobras in his showroom. just a thought.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary,

I have the fortune to live about 40 minutes from John Vehrmeersh. He is "Ford Racing's" guy. When anyone calls the 800 number in the Ford Racing catalog, it rings to his shop in Mt. Clemens, Michigan.

After numerous visits to his shop and multiple consultations with him directly (he has never tired of me...yet) I deciced to have him complete my SPF with a 408 stroker.

Ford Motor Company relies on John to determine warranty claims etc on it's racing stuff. Also, John tears apart a crate motor regularly to determine quality control for Ford.

If anyone would know of a good man to service your crate near Indy, John would have to know.

His number is (313) 845-7595. Please use my name as a source of referal.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Bill Bender
SPF 1168 due off the boat August 27!!!!!
Old 08-22-2001, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Home built, supercharged 544cu/in automatic
Not Ranked     
Default engine mechanic needed?

Gary-I think I know a few guys that will fit the bill but we need to talk. Call me- Ron Shockley, 784-9517
Old 10-31-2001, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to Dave Samson Send a message via Yahoo to Dave Samson
Not Ranked     
Default The best mechanic at Indy

sure to give your car a lift
Old 08-31-2003, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4047 power by Gessford
Not Ranked     

You may want to call KennyBrown on Gasoline alley. He builds and supplies aftermarket parts for ford products. I don't think he builds engines but will have a good builder

Roland