Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Indiana Cobra Enthusiasts (ICE)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Ford 306 Carb
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone in Indiana?

Just joined and was surprised to see no postings since 2009.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar 427 SC, "Red Venom", 351W B/S 400 HP, TKO 600 .64 OD
Not Ranked     

I'm in Martinsville and I know of another Lonestar builder in Zionsville, but the ICE is dead. I couldn't raise pulse when I joined either. I think they are mostly interested in Mustang Cobras, not kit cars.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just started building a Factory Five Roadster in July. Well to be clear, Jeff, a friend that has built a FF before is building it, I just help.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

I have an ERA just West of Plainfield.

It looks like there are 3 of us that could have a cruise in.

John
Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R, Kentucky Cobra Club
Not Ranked     

I think we have nine members out of Indiana in the Kentucky Cobra Club, mostly between Indianapolis and Louisville. If you include Louisville then the number jumps considerably. Check it out at kentuckycobraclub.com We will be at the Louisville Concours d' Elegance at Churchill Downs on October 3rd.

We usually have a number of cobras at the IN SAAC event at Brown County State Park in the Spring.

We will be at the Overlook Inn in Leavenworth, IN next month. Departing from New Albany. Plan to come join us.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

I believe ICE was originally started by the efforts of Gary Osborn, Dan Semko and a few others. Gary moved. I have not seen Dan post in sometime. ICE has not been an active site for sometime but there are several Cobra Enthusiasts in Indiana.

A few years ago about fifteen to twenty met at the Out Back in Evansville and ate together. It was a great bunch of guys and all seemed to have a good time. Don't know why we haven't done it again. Maybe we could try in the next several weeks while the weather is good.

Also Sir Brit, www.sirbrit.com/, will be having a car show on September 18th at Newburg on the Ohio River. Local folks frequently visit or show their Cobras there including Kentucky Cobra Club. This year they have a Cobra catagory for show competition. Several nice English sports cars are there every year. TVRs and Sunbean Tigers as well as Cobras have been at past shows. The Sir Brit club is a great bunch of folks to know and the club is great to support.

The Overlook is something I hope to do this year too. Maybe we will see you at both, whether your car is done or not.

Rick
Old 09-06-2010, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R, Kentucky Cobra Club
Not Ranked     

If you go to Sir Brit, then keep an eye out for Bill Smith. He is with KCC and will be there. He might bring a red SPR Anniversary Edition. Or he may bring a Ferrari or an vintage MG. He is also organizing our run to The Overlook which is slated for the 25th of September. Go to KCC, sign up, it's free, and get on our mailing list. We will keep you informed about what we have going on.

If you are going to the Vintage races at The Glen this weekend then send me an email, the address is on the KCC home page, and we will get together. We have 3 KCCers going and a large group out of Virginia and Maryland. This marks our 18th year at The Glen.

Vince
Old 09-06-2010, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar classic
Not Ranked     

I just joined today, I'm in Valparaiso.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar 427 SC, "Red Venom", 351W B/S 400 HP, TKO 600 .64 OD
Not Ranked     

Great to see some additional posts. I knew there were some cobras around. I just saw one over the Labor Day weekend going past me on IN 44 Sunday.

Here's a link to my website. LINK I'm in Martinsville. If anyone is passing through the area while cruising Brown County, stop by.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #863, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

I just took delivery of my Backdraft #863 over Labor Day weekend (Sunday). I am in Greenwood, IN. Definitely looking for other enthusiast in the area. Will be looking into KCC as well.

Ike
Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ike,

I would love to check out your Backdraft. How about a cruise down to Martinsville one weekend? I'll send you my contact info via a PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 427 Cobra. 427 Side Oiler. Dual Quads.
Not Ranked     

Hi,

I have had 3 Unique Cobras and I am in Warsaw, Indiana.

Let's all get together!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Glad to see a little activity on this thread. Thought it might be dead.
Anyway, I hope to have my MK4 completed by spring. Jeff is doing the build, I'm just helping. The Kentucky Cobra Club seems to have quite a few outings. Hope we, the Indiana group, can do the same.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Good morning,

If you folks aren't too busy feel free to join some of us WCCC guys (and others) on Nov 6th at Tilted Kilt - 1605 Southlake Mall Dr., Merrillville, IN

Should be there around noonish.

Link to Thread- Nov 6th- Tilted Kilt

Last edited by got snake?; 11-04-2010 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: Added Link to WCCC forum
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Yes I also noticed it was quite over there.

Being at the Outback Restaurant in Evansville, Indiana with over a dozen members I thought the Cobra activity was very active in Indiana - especially at Evansville.

Rick mentioned above we met at the Outback at Wayne T. suggestion there were four owners there from Evansville alone.

I crewed for one at the Run N Gun after travelling there with Wayne T.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-26-2011, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick Yeager

Rick

I just sent you a PM.

I was thinking about the Chemist who had the white Cobra with the green and whites stripe. The owner who worked at the RV yard in Evansville a red Cobra from memory. Wayne T. with the red and white Cobra. Wayne's brother with the blue Cobra. This was just the Evansville block.

Wayne drove me around to one or two other owners homes in the Evansville area.

Yes Hershal B. and I dropped in at the Outback Restaurant in the GT40 on the way to Az. after the last Run N Gun I travelled over too.

Bernie
Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Zzzzzzzzzz. Looks like Evansville is asleep...
Old 04-27-2011, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They're probably busy using their Cobras as canoes. We've had so much rain this month that I'm surprised Evansville is still on the map!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary 289 fia with 351 windsor
Not Ranked     

Hi Bernie, I haven't heard from you in a long time but I haven't been on this site in well over a year. The Indiana cobra boys are definately not as active as I would like. I can't get anyone to the track anymore. I went to Putnam Park just a couple of weeks ago and blew the cobbwebs out of the 289. I put 13 inch rotors 6 piston wilwoods up front and pushed up the hp with newly worked heads, intake and 4 barrel custom carb. It ran like a champ. New Hoosier Racing tires didn't hurt either. I want to do some more track time this summer possibly Road Atlanta and Road America. Let the petro and tires burn!!!!!!!!!!!!. See ya hopefully soon, Scott
Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

I am looking for any Cobra related activities in the area. Evansville is a bit too far.

If the weather holds I plan to take my ERA to the Mooresville cruise night on Friday. My wife and I also entered the Hot Rod Power Cruise from Indy to Muskegon in early June. We are really looking forward to that run.

John