Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Keith Craft Racing

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2016, 07:52 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
NYG appears to be an alter ego for a certain west coast CC member
I've always suspected RodKnock and NYG to be one in the same.
sgianino likes this.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Neutral     

NYG, you did more that just point out the website down, YOU LAUGHED at it.
"hilarious, million dollar manufacturing company and they can't invest a $100 to a website Host"
That is a big difference- and that is what we're pointing out.
I had the pleasure of speaking with Keith on a few occasions and he called me back when he didn't have to. I thought that was pretty good service. I hope he enjoys retirement.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
NYG appears to be an alter ego for a certain west coast CC member
No, sir, i love pets and I have plenty of home attention.

now go lower your mustang for sale by $2500. 🙌🙌☺️☺️☺️
Old 03-27-2016, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET_COP View Post
NYG, you did more that just point out the website down, YOU LAUGHED at it.
"hilarious, million dollar manufacturing company and they can't invest a $100 to a website Host"...
I apologize, i didnt know KCraft was a mom & pop operation.
Regardless, the new owner should never let a website expire , thats like unplugging the work phone.
Let the owner know their ads here at ClubCobra needs to be updated.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM-2016. 427W, TKO600, 3.50
Not Ranked     
Default Holy Cow!!

Wow, I didn't expect to open this can of worms with a simple question. Unfortunately it seems that people behind a keyboard have no filter. Its a lot harder to speak your mind when you are face to face with someone than sitting behind a keyboard. Why, because you realize emotions are involved and there are ramifications for what you say and do. One of the reasons I hate the internet. Keith, I am sorry that this simple question opened the door to these kinds of comments. I will be giving you a call for an engine quote this week. I know that your reputation precedes any type of failed internet links or snarky comments someone may post online (especially someone who doesn't even own a cobra). Rest assured there are people out there that still like to communicate with a phone call and a handshake and who understand a well earned reputation is something that goes deeper than a simple failed link or a downed website...which is why I asked about your company. I knew someone with a positive experience doing business with you would know how to get a hold of you.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

As Brent stated, Keith has sold the company and retired, so you won't be speaking to Keith if you call the shop.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM-2016. 427W, TKO600, 3.50
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
As Brent stated, Keith has sold the company and retired, so you won't be speaking to Keith if you call the shop.
Thanks. I still feel bad that Keith's reputation got called up here. I know how hard it is to build a reputation only to have someone post something stupid and not well thought out online...it hurts. I've been there and I have spent hours of my time chasing posters down because your business is your life. Inaccurate, negative information online can affect your bottom line and how people view your company. So, Keith I do apologize this thread lead to this if you read this. I'm still going to check out Craft Performance.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:22 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
No, sir, i love pets and I have plenty of home attention.

now go lower your mustang for sale by $2500. 🙌🙌☺️☺️☺️
Hmmm, A1A and rice I think

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-28-2016, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvig View Post
Thanks. I still feel bad that Keith's reputation got called up here. I know how hard it is to build a reputation only to have someone post something stupid and not well thought out online...it hurts. I've been there and I have spent hours of my time chasing posters down because your business is your life. Inaccurate, negative information online can affect your bottom line and how people view your company. So, Keith I do apologize this thread lead to this if you read this. I'm still going to check out Craft Performance.
how did I call out KC reputation? I pointed out his website is not working. whoever is in charge of the website dropped the ball. failed at his/her job.

BTW, the KCraft ads don't work. they go to Go Daddy.com. someone call the new owner and let him know. thank u
Old 09-09-2021, 10:44 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

New owner of craft Performance Lance is awful service. Engine came and had a knock with only 3-4hours of use. Was awful from the beginning of purchase.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

For someone to start their CC experience with an attack on a long standing, well respected supporting vendor of the site is,well bad form. You might want to visit with Craft Performance and discuss your problems with them first, before you begin publicly attacking them.

Some of us have been members here for nearly two decades (or more) and have a very different opinion of the supporting vendor you are attacking and I might add has helped so many of us so often.

I suspect your engine failure is owner operator induced and not engine builder related. Moreover this is your attempt to begin the dirty process of trying to get someone else to stand good for your own malfeasance. I think you might have joined the wrong website. You would probably be much better off in the weeds of some social media forum.

Ed
undy and Bill D like this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 09-09-2021 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar
Old 09-09-2021, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

5 year old thread

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 09-09-2021, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

I have no dog in this fight. But I did have problems with an engine built by a once reputable company that had been sold to a disreputable new owner shortly before I placed my order. Reputations go with the people who earned them, not the businesses they once owned, IMHO.
Blue66 and rads42 like this.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 09-09-2021, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue66 View Post
5 year old thread
A five year old thread with a 2 and a half hour old smear. Bad form ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I have no dog in this fight. But I did have problems with an engine built by a once reputable company that had been sold to a disreputable new owner shortly before I placed my order. Reputations go with the people who earned them, not the businesses they once owned, IMHO.
Couldn't agree more. My instincts tell me that is not the case in the matter of post #30.

Ed
Bill D likes this.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:02 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Or a product name that gets sold. I remember when my favorite Kendall Oil got its name sold (and nobody told me) and the new oil of course bears no semblance whatsoever to what it once was (and the original Kendall Oil is now BradPenn). The same is true for people's name as well. But if the person's name was the one that was actually touching the product then it becomes kind of deceptive. Sort of like the Leonardo da Vinci Painting Studio getting sold to Joe Schmoe. Who wants their portrait painted by Joe Schmoe?
Old 09-09-2021, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I can't count the number of businesses that are sold, retain the original name, and then promptly ruin the reputation of a stellar old company... The buyer paid a lot for what is referred to as "good will", and then promptly flushed it down the toilet.

This isn't the only one. There are several examples here.
eschaider and Bruce.huling like this.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Great form for solving a problem. I can tell you there is an inverse relationship with how quickly and often you take a gripe to public forums and social media to air and shame the company - and the level of cooperation and good will you receive from the company to resolve your problem. They probably won’t even answer your phone calls if they see this. Congratulations on screwing yourself.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Great form for solving a problem. I can tell you there is an inverse relationship with how quickly and often you take a gripe to public forums and social media to air and shame the company - and the level of cooperation and good will you receive from the company to resolve your problem. They probably won’t even answer your phone calls if they see this. Congratulations on screwing yourself.
People like this jerk usually have been screwing themselves their entire life because of their bad attitude. As a result, the next forty miles of bad road always seem so familiar to them.

Ed

Old 09-09-2021, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone star 351w /408cu.in.
Not Ranked     

Lighten up. Geez, what a thread I tripped in to by mistake.
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predict View Post
New owner of craft Performance Lance is awful service. Engine came and had a knock with only 3-4hours of use. Was awful from the beginning of purchase.
Back to you, Predict. Do you have more information about any further contact from yourself with Craft Performance Engines? If so, have they replied?

Cheers,
Glen