Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   Kirkham Owners - Badging (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/104086-kirkham-owners-badging.html)

CobraChris 04-21-2010 05:07 PM

Kirkham Owners - Badging

I beleive I searched everything here - but could not find a response so if there is a thread that I have missed - please point me in the right direction. My question is this - how do you other owners badge your cars?

Do you go with the Kirkham Logos on the hood and trunk and Kirkham 427 above the louvers? Do you badge at all?

Jamo 04-21-2010 05:58 PM

Badges? I don't need no stinkin badges...per se.

Nothing on the body. But...steering wheel hub, pedals, expansion tank...and, best of all, David's personal pre-production genuine arruminum "KK" shifter ball that I flat out stole when I discovered it on a lathe...

...Sammich looked the other way. :p

I also have a couple of Polish names scribbled here and there.

PANAVIA 04-21-2010 06:24 PM

how about an old MiG badge >?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...G_logo_web.png

RodKnock 04-21-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 1045817)
Badges? I don't need no stinkin badges...per se.

Nothing on the body. But...steering wheel hub, pedals, expansion tank...and, best of all, David's personal pre-production genuine arruminum "KK" shifter ball that I flat out stole when I discovered it on a lathe...

...Sammich looked the other way. :p

I also have a couple of Polish names scribbled here and there.

No body badges for me also. Personal choice. I just don't like clutter and my car is not a Shelby Cobra. I have the Kirkham symbol on the steering wheel hub, pedals and wheel center caps.

No Polish names on my car anywhere. :)

Got the Bug 04-21-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1045850)
No body badges for me also. Personal choice. I just don't like clutter and my car is not a Shelby Cobra. I have the Kirkham symbol on the steering wheel hub, pedals and wheel center caps.

No Polish names on my car anywhere. :)

Same here. I went with the AC steering wheel cap and AC wheel caps...for now. :)

acindrich 04-21-2010 09:06 PM

I'd love a Cobra badge on the nose but that implies I'd have to stop driving it long enough to put it on. And, cleaning the bugs out of it would be a nightmare. So for now, my license plate says it all "63COBRA".:3DSMILE:

RON N BKFLD 04-21-2010 09:30 PM

I just added emblem pics to my gallery,,,,,,,,,Ron

Jamo 04-21-2010 10:08 PM

No Polish names on my car anywhere.

That's too bad. I always love to show the one on the inside of the fender when CSX folks show me the one on the dashboard from some Texas chicken farmer.

CobraChris 04-22-2010 01:13 AM

Lmao

Jamo. That is damn funny. Well played.

PANAVIA 04-22-2010 04:14 AM

I want to get a set that says "Krikham"

maurice19 04-22-2010 11:25 AM

Chris,
I am not using my badges, mainly because it is easier to scotchbrite going with the grain without any obstruction.

Only Real Kirkhams have Polish markings as Ron and I both know

Maurice

snakebittexan 04-22-2010 01:37 PM

"Spójrz na mnie" would be a perfect badge for the KMP's!

N2VENOM 04-22-2010 03:52 PM

The only badge that counts!

http://www.cobraregistry.com/Picture..._1020_b863.JPG

CobraChris 04-22-2010 03:58 PM

Snakebittexan -

that is absolutley an advantage of having a KMP is that everyone looks. what have you badged your backdraft with btw?

ng8264723 04-22-2010 11:19 PM

I just had David sign mine personnaly!!!!!!! I figure it's better than some chicken farmer

Jamo 04-22-2010 11:32 PM

He's a freeking tea maker...

snakebittexan 04-23-2010 07:10 AM

"that is absolutley an advantage of having a KMP is that everyone looks. what have you badged your backdraft with btw?" (from CobraChris)

If we all admitted it isn't that just one of the reasons why these machines are so much fun to drive? That was not a slam by the way---LOL

CobraChris 04-23-2010 11:14 AM

Sorry, I was being a bit of a tool. There is no doubt that anywhere there is one if these machines, it draws a ton of wonderful attention.

snakebittexan 04-23-2010 12:10 PM

The printed word without the spoken nuances, subtleties and body language is very easy to misinterpret. No apologies needed, we're all on the same "team!"

Mark Thompson 04-25-2010 06:38 AM

No external badges for mine, the "Kirkham" on the steering wheel hub is sufficient identification. I do like the rectangular "427/Powered by Ford" badge over the fender vents; I am considering those. Mounted with 2 sided tape, of course.

Mark