Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   427FE Kirkham with Vortech...this one might be underpowered (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/129813-427fe-kirkham-vortech-one-might-underpowered.html)

RestoCreations 07-24-2014 03:02 PM

427FE Kirkham with Vortech...this one might be underpowered

Noticed this on ebay earlier today and had to share.
427 Kirkham with a 427FE stroker and a V2 Vortech supercharger. I can only imagine how terrifying the car must be when the gas is floored.
Beautiful car and in my opinion, a good price!

Shelby Kirkham Cobra Shelby Aluminum Block Supercharged 468 V8 | eBay

ERA Chas 07-24-2014 03:39 PM

Not so terrifying. Brent is building a NA 496 right now close to 700HP. This one is underachieving. Also have a hard time believing 2000 pounds.

RestoCreations 07-24-2014 04:05 PM

Alright then...good for brent

ERA Chas 07-24-2014 04:49 PM

No need for a snit Chris.
Barry, Tom, George, Keith all pull 650+ without blowers all day long. It's very common these days. So it must not be terrifying.
You can even read about them here.

philminotti 07-24-2014 05:45 PM

I'm impressed. Looks good from the pictures. Good price too.

Racer_X 07-24-2014 08:01 PM

That car is 1 digit less than mine. I have 374.

RestoCreations 07-24-2014 08:58 PM

I was posting because it's a cool car that is well built. They state it has over 650hp. If you've ever driven a car with a blower that is set up correctly, then you know the powerband is far superior to a naturally aspirated motor.
Anywho, I like it, it's beautiful, and again I just wanted to share. Wasn't trying to get into a pen&s measuring contest argument about who builds the baddest motor with their own published dyno results they made on their computer. :)

PLDRIVE 07-24-2014 09:10 PM

Beautiful car!

blykins 07-25-2014 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestoCreations (Post 1311542)
Wasn't trying to get into a pen&s measuring contest argument about who builds the baddest motor with their own published dyno results they made on their computer. :)

What does that mean? Please clarify...

RestoCreations 07-25-2014 05:37 AM

That wasn't directed specifically at you, Brent, but all engine builders and provided dyno results in general, including Ford Racing, GM Performance, etc. Dyno results can easily be manipulated to provide the results desired and every machine is different. Unless all testing occurs under controlled and monitored conditions, with elimination of outside variables, using a quality, proven dynamometer, then it is just a piece of paper.

RestoCreations 07-25-2014 05:40 AM

So back on topic, what a cool car! :)

Shelby Kirkham Cobra Shelby Aluminum Block Supercharged 468 V8 | eBay

blykins 07-25-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestoCreations (Post 1311575)
That wasn't directed specifically at you, Brent, but all engine builders and provided dyno results in general, including Ford Racing, GM Performance, etc. Dyno results can easily be manipulated to provide the results desired and every machine is different. Unless all testing occurs under controlled and monitored conditions, with elimination of outside variables, using a quality, proven dynamometer, then it is just a piece of paper.

I don't wish to have my name lumped in with your statement up above. I don't think you have a full handle on what a "proven" dynamometer is, or what "monitored outside conditions" are.

Cobra #3170 07-25-2014 06:39 AM

forced induction

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestoCreations (Post 1311542)
I was posting because it's a cool car that is well built. They state it has over 650hp. If you've ever driven a car with a blower that is set up correctly, then you know the powerband is far superior to a naturally aspirated motor.
Anywho, I like it, it's beautiful, and again I just wanted to share. Wasn't trying to get into a pen&s measuring contest argument about who builds the baddest motor with their own published dyno results they made on their computer. :)

I disagree, I have both a normally aspirated car and a forced induction car and would always go for normally aspirated because as intake air temp rises performance drops dramatically with forced induction. If you are drag racing or even running 1 mile events forced is great, but drive it for awhile and performance falls off.

NewYorkGuy 07-25-2014 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestoCreations (Post 1311576)

l've noticed on ebay that Kirkhams don't sell. This car is a re-list. Bargain price since new rollers start at $90K

Maricopa 07-25-2014 08:59 AM

Well, there are a lot of looky-loos out there ya know....

RestoCreations 07-25-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1311582)
I don't wish to have my name lumped in with your statement up above. I don't think you have a full handle on what a "proven" dynamometer is, or what "monitored outside conditions" are.

Well not to fret, Brent. I am not buying parts or an engine from you anyway.

blykins 07-25-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestoCreations (Post 1311640)
Well not to fret, Brent. I am not buying parts or an engine from you anyway.

Didn't you buy a bunch of drivetrain parts from me before?

I didn't ask to be named in this thread, and I especially didn't want an insinuation that I just print out bogus dyno results.

RestoCreations 07-25-2014 06:14 PM

I did, including the expensive quick fuel carb that was totally fudged up by your "speciality" carb builder, which ended up causing me quite a lot of grief and which you never apologized or offered a refund for....It couldn't have been his fault, he was too good!

I didn't name you in this thread, your buddy did. I was just posting about a nice Kirkham and this thread should have stayed on that topic. I never named you until the above statement! I just said i don't trust dyno print outs from any engine builder or manufacturer... because there are too many variables that can be altered to achieve the desired results for the consumer. ANY being the key word. You, however, decided to take things to a whole new level by your previous post. You asked to earn my business for my new build, Brent! You have lost any future business!

blykins 07-25-2014 06:45 PM

Fudged up? How?

Yes, Chas mentioned one of my builds, and it seemed a lot like you felt the need to retaliate by explaining how we all just cook up dyno sheets on our computers. It was certainly an insinuation and that sort of thing can be damaging to reputations.

Btw, I remember saying that I would like to earn your business, and I normally don't make those kind of statements, but if I remember correctly, one of your emails asked for a price quote on an engine...and that was my follow up.

blykins 07-25-2014 07:05 PM

My last email from you was on may 20, 2013. You chose not to use a slave cylinder kit, so I asked if you wanted a refund or credit. Your reply was that you would need to order some more parts later on, but at that point you wanted a refund, and I sent you a check. We also exchanged emails about an engine build.

I still have a fuzzy memory on the carb issue, but it would be hard for me to think that you had hard feelings over it by the fact that you kept ordering parts from me...?????