Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC, 427 SO from the Fliptop
Not Ranked     
Default Kirkham Engineering's New Gauges

Name:  IMG_0813.JPG
Views: 1129
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0814.JPG
Views: 1241
Size:  32.5 KB

Tom Kirkham and Kirkham Engineering have created a very intuitive line of gauges that have the look and feel of the period correct gauges, but have new modern electronics and features that you want, to protect that investment under the hood.

Ready to install, these 3-3/8” and 5” diameter instruments are said to have an accuracy of plus or minus 1 percent with virtually no pointer vibration. The ultra responsive micro processor controlled stepper–motor gauge movement, with 270 degree sweep, provides pinpoint accuracy and stable readings in the harshest of vibration conditions.

No gauge is going to be accurate if the sensor it is using is garbage. Garbage in = Garbage out. Many gauges out there are using junk sensors as a cost savings measure to thier overseas operations. Less expensive or cheaper electric gauges that often have a 90 degree sweep, are using these inferior sensors and not transducers.

Kirkham Engineering's gauges utilize very high quality transducers, having no moving parts, (this is where other sensors fail) and are are highly accurate and repeatable. New Technology in the use of these transducers in conjunction with advanced circuit board controls in each gauge have greatly improved the responsiveness and accuracy of electric gauges vs. mechanical gauges.

The Kirkham Engineeering Gauges are also compact in design and the tough molded poly carbonate case is only 1.1”deep allowing the gauge to be mounted in the tightest locations. The gauges mount to your dash through a locking spin ring. Say goodbye to the old ritual of tightening nuts that have backed off their posts. Other gauges are often 5-6 times the thickness behind the dash.

The electronic reverse speedometer also features a discrete LCD display for those seeking to maintain a vintage look. The LCD display for speed, trip miles (and fuel level) and is fully programmable for easy calibration with any tire size and axle ratio. All of the gauges have easy to see numbers and lighted pointers (Red or Violet) that are visually stunning.

Trimmed with traditional vintage style bezels, these gauges are available in sets or individually and are made in the USA. They are backed with a lifetime warranty on the Gauges CPU and a five year warranty on all other moving parts.

If you have any questions you can call me, Rick Lee at (801) 678-8222

No more thumping at your gauge trying to get it to work or yet even worse, having your very expensive engine to depend on gauges now made in China that just aren’t accurate.
hauss likes this.

Last edited by Rick162; 11-22-2006 at 09:15 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

What gauges are available? If there is a fuel gauge, how difficult is it to install a sender/sensor in a current KMP tank?

I'm no expert.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lew
The current set includes:
1)tachometer.......$149.35
2) speedometer ....$205.74
3) Oil Pressure.......$158.49
4) water tempature...$112.77
5) oil tempature .....$112.77
6) volts.................$96.01
7) fuel pressure.....$158.49

Complete Set: $993.64

You can purchase any of these seperatly or purchase the set of Seven. The installation of the fuel sensor will require you to drop the fuel tank to install. I will post more on the details of the fuel sender install
hauss likes this.

Last edited by Rick162; 11-21-2006 at 12:33 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

So is there a fuel level gauge as well? Or are you guys just talking about pressure? Sorry, don't have a Kirkham.

Steve
Old 11-21-2006, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[/IMG]
Old 11-21-2006, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to kris-kincaid Send a message via Skype™ to kris-kincaid
Not Ranked     

I saw these at SEMA. They are very nice. The backlighting makes them easy to see, and they are not very deep at all so mounting would be very easy. Also, the programmable speedometer is really cool, no more guessing what speedo gear to install!!
Old 11-21-2006, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[/IMG]

The Fuel gauge reading via the LCD. You can toggle back from trip/fuel level

Last edited by Rick162; 11-21-2006 at 12:58 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[/IMG]

Tach with Red pointer

Last edited by Rick162; 11-21-2006 at 01:18 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lovehamr:

Fuel Level....These gauges dont have to go into a Kirkham....for a very slight upcharge we will sell you the gauges without the Kirkham Logo .

programmable smart fuel level gauge learns different tank shapes for increased accuracy. Industry first!

-capacitive fuel level sender with no moving parts

Last edited by Rick162; 11-21-2006 at 01:45 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[quote=Rick162]Lovehamr:

Fuel Level....These gauges dont have to go into a Kirkham....for non Kirkham owners we can sell the gauges without the Kirkham Logo .

programmable smart fuel level gauge learns different tank shapes for increased accuracy. Industry first!

-capacitive fuel level sender with no moving parts

Last edited by Rick162; 11-22-2006 at 09:10 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't suppose you could substitute "Smiths" on them, eh...?

;-)
Old 11-21-2006, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 fia kmp#325
Not Ranked     

Those look really nice. Has there been any discussion on a set for the 289 fia's (competition set)?

I would really be interested in looking at those instead of the Stewart Warner guages that are currently available on the market today.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yes
There has been this discussion. In fact the 289 FIA Comp gauges are next on our agenda and I am sure that we can have these for you if you will give me a call (801)678-8222
Old 11-21-2006, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[/IMG]

Thickness of the gauges
Old 11-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Does anyone have a clear picture of the dash showing ALL "old" Autometer Kirkham gauges vs new Kirkham gauges? Are they still made by Autometer?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX Cars
Not Ranked     

Rick,

Will they make the car faster?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Im sure the engine Mike Lefevers is building for me will help

Last edited by Rick162; 11-22-2006 at 09:08 PM..
Old 11-22-2006, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[/IMG]

Here is the layout in a dash of the New Kirkham Engineering Gauges. These are not made by Autometer. However they are manufactured under contract through Kirkham Engineering in here in Provo Utah.

Last edited by Rick162; 11-22-2006 at 09:07 PM..
Old 11-23-2006, 05:15 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Are they the new standard gauges for Kirkham or an option?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

rsimoes

These are the new standard gauges for the 427 Kirkham. What started the development of these gauges came from Tom Kirkham really wanting to have a more accurate and precise set of vintage looking gauges in the car, that had the componets and build quality equal to the car they build.

Not trying to put any other gauge manufacturers down, Kirkham Motorsports has used Autometer and Smiths in the past. For Tom, to take the effort to develop a MUCH better gauge that has a limited lifetime warranty says a lot about the reliability and accuracy of other gauges that were currently available for the Cobra.

If you look in a Jegs catalog and find a speedo with just a basic LCD odometer and trip, (not fuel level which the Kirkham comes with) the gauge is over $400 for the speedo alone. His gauge set quite honestly is a bargin. ( The KK printed on the dial is for his production cars)

Standard sets sold do not have the double KK on them.

By controlling the componets and electronics manufacturing process,Tom has been able keep the the parts and workmanship quallity extremly high (like always) for his own manufacting and install into his current cars.

Lets face it, most of us are putting significant money and time investment into our engines these days (I'm building a new AL427fe with Mike Lefevers at MITECH). The removal , build, dyno, install.....all tremendous time and not to mention money ....to get it right ....just the way each of us want.

I want my Gauges to be Dead Nuts accurate and accurate under G load as well.

The best part for us with the Cobra Bug on our shoulder is..... now we have more options, A Cobra gauge set that is truly a precise instrument

Last edited by Rick162; 11-23-2006 at 08:23 AM..