Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Insurance help

Hello again Can some people give me some different insurance companies to insur. with? I know of Classic auto insurance group is there any others. I found out hagery does not insur cobras.
Thank you
James.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351 Windsor bored to 418. 510hp
Send a message via AIM to SinCityCobra
Not Ranked     

Hagerty Classic Car Insurance.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

as was already posted, hagerty does NOT insure cobra replicas ( except a few still grandfathered from several years ago when they stopped covering the replicas ).

mine is with Grundy, but some folks have not been able to get coverd by them....try doing a search on insurance, there have been many many threads over time on this subject.

coverage between states vary, agreed value not available in all states, driving record, age, length of ownership, type/ brand of car, engine size & hp, other cars covered, etc are all just some of the factors causing one person to get insurance with a firm another perhaps is denied by .

do a search and then start contacting . good luck in youdr quest. bill.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

James,

I have had great luck with Progressive. They cover it for half the year on the road and other half in garage for reasonable dough. The nice thing is that it is covered w/o mileage restrictions and clauses. However, if you have a bad driving record you may be in for some troubles.

Good Luck,
Jeff
Old 10-20-2006, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Insurance

Some insurance companies have placed restrictions on insuring cobra's as you've seen with Hagerty. I represent Hagerty, but also have a few others which are still writing cobra's. Give us a try, we've been in business since 1958. Voyager Insurance Services specializes in nich, hard to place and specialty insurance. Visit us online at www.classicautoquote.com, email us at sales@classicautoquote.com, or call now to speak with Kim or Vanessa at 800-342-4444. They will take your information and get you a quick quote with no obligation. I'm not saying we can place each and every cobra, but we promise to do the best we can.

Thank you,
Blaine Coffelt, VP-Sales
www.classicautoquote.com
www.voyagermarine.com
www.voyagerinsurance.net
Old 10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SO
Not Ranked     

James, when I moved to Vegas from Texas I had American National, and continued with them. I did a lot of looking and American Family was the only carrier that was close to (actually slightly cheaper than) ANPAC. They have what is called a CHROME policy for collector cars when you insure your daily driver with them also, pretty cheap...about $550-600/year if I recall, no mileage limit after the first year. Good luck
Old 10-20-2006, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I used Midwest Classic Insurance (http://www.midwestclassicins.com/) and they did a 3K policy for me without any other vehicles needing to be moved over. It cost me the huge sum of 220 dollars for the year. If I move up to the 6K a year (not likely) I am sure it will be more, maybe even double, but they do stated value policies if your state allows it, and thats huge.

James
Old 10-20-2006, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you all for the information that you have posted.
James