Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default London_What to expect

It's been several years since I attended the LCS, and I would like to come back this year. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and all the cars. My only dissapointment was that I really wanted to check out an ERA, and out of the hundreds of Cobras, I was only able to find one older ERA. I'd love to see up close and in person an ERA 289 FIA. Is anyone aware of someone planning to attend with one? Also I'd love to see the new Hurricane as well as the Riverside Racers car.

Any advice? I'd love to go to the Carlisle show, but that is quite a hike for me.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     
Default Era fia

I have an ERA FIA, right in your backyard - I'm in White Lake - about 30 miles West of you. Be happy to show you my car. Can't drive it over anytime soon - I've pulled the engine out to freshen it up. You are welcome to come by and take a closer look - and you can get a clear idea of the constuction with the interior and engine out of the car.

Send me an e-mail and let me know when you might want to come by.

regards,

Jeff

Old 05-06-2010, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC cox 2699 roadster Riverside FIA RSR2001
Not Ranked     

Puppster,
I have booked in to the LCS For the 24-27June with the Riverside and will gladly show you around it, and if at all possible at some stage take you for a spin
I`ll be amongst the vendors I believe.
Ross
Old 05-06-2010, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You guys are too kind. Jeff, I will get in touch with you if I am ever in a position to make a commitiment, and Ross, I don't think you are all that far away either, but I will definitely try and make London. Thanks a bunch.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

Someone had a slabside there last year. I never got to talk to the owner, but I think it was an ERA.

Pete
Old 05-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

There was a very very nice JCF slabside 289 version there , silver gray with Michigan plates . I also recall an interesting bumper sticker on the rear paint and chrome wire spoke wheels on it as well . It is a frequent attendee at the LCS .

Also, take Cobra Jeff up on his offer, his ERA is outstanding and as he said, in its current state of freshening, what better way to see the construction details and components with interior and engine out of the car. He did an outstanding build . His other garage car mates are nice to drool over too.

And, why not join the Great Lakes Cobra Club, with regular meetings in Troy or Keego Harbor area as well as many other events - allows you to compare. a very early ERA is a usual participant, perhaps the car you saw at LCS several years ago, red 427 S/C model with a mega hp 427 aluminum engine. see : http://www.greatlakescobra.com/

The GLCC also has 50-60 cars at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Birmingham- like LCS, a great way to talk to folks who built their cars as well as compare brands . Bill, registered to attend LCS ( edited to add GLCC site link )

Last edited by Bill Wells; 05-10-2010 at 07:27 AM..