Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   London Cobra Show (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/london-cobra-show/)
-   -   Looking for empty passenger seat (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/london-cobra-show/70327-looking-empty-passenger-seat.html)

dlampe 06-12-2006 02:36 PM

Looking for empty passenger seat

My wife and 2 boys have decided to join the fun! My boys are 6 and 8 years old and are total gear heads:3DSMILE: ! My wife is pretty cute too! She will dress up any cobra. What I am looking for is 2 empty seats that they can ride in on Friday. I will obviously take one but I would like them all to get the experience. I was hoping I could find some generious cobra drivers.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...lan_and_me.JPG

That is my oldest helping with the install!

ROUSHAC 06-12-2006 04:40 PM

I was thinking of doing the Hocking Hills tour on Friday and have an open seat.

I'll PM you with my cell phone number.

Cheers!
Dave

rdorman 06-13-2006 06:23 AM

Trade you an open seat for that motor:)

Seriously, there are almost always empty seats. Just ask around!

If they get bored (I know, who would get bored?) there are lots of things for family to do around here. Columbus Zoo, Wyandot Lake, COSI, Easton....

trularin 06-13-2006 08:18 AM

I think Brent Lykins is going to attend, he might be looking for a "single" ( ski-lift term )

blykins 06-13-2006 10:58 AM

Yes, my dad and I will be up there on Saturday....I wish I could bring my Cobra, but it would have to be under Flintstone power if I did.....I was hoping to get a ride or two from a generous driver. Dad has never ridden in one....

rdorman 06-13-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins
Yes, my dad and I will be up there on Saturday....I wish I could bring my Cobra, but it would have to be under Flintstone power if I did.....I was hoping to get a ride or two from a generous driver. Dad has never ridden in one....

I hope you get that car done soon! If it is not here in '07 we are going to come down and trailer it up ;) Are you coming up with the Kentucky 'gang'? Don't worry about seats, there is almost always one open just keep an eye out since there seems to be a fair amount of folks looking for them.

I just checked the extended weather forecast. Realize this is Ohio... they can get it wrong the day before. But at this point is looks mostly dry with highs in the upper 80's. Another warm one!

See you soon!

blykins 06-13-2006 11:26 AM

We'll be coming late....probably getting there Saturday morning. I'll be in my Explorer....maybe I can put a 427 badge on it or something and try to feel at home. :)

I know quite a few guys on here...but it's different when you're in a crowd full of people you've never met. I hate to just walk up to someone and ask for a ride!

rdorman 06-13-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

We'll be coming late....probably getting there Saturday morning. I'll be in my Explorer....maybe I can put a 427 badge on it or something and try to feel at home. :)!

We will slap a OCC sticker on it and then you will be official!

Quote:

I know quite a few guys on here...but it's different when you're in a crowd full of people you've never met. I hate to just walk up to someone and ask for a ride!

This is your first time in London isn't it? By the end of the weekend you will feel like you know everyone!

Are you staying Saturday night? The parking lot 'tail gate' is for many, one of the highlights and we have lots of activities planned for Saturday night.

blykins 06-13-2006 11:54 AM

We'll probably head it home that evening.....

rdorman 06-13-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

We'll probably head it home that evening.....

Bummer! It is worth staying for......:MECOOL:

blykins 06-13-2006 05:37 PM

Rick, will we still get to participate in some of the "festivities" on Saturday? I was hoping to get a lot of time to just talk to other CC members....check out their cars...talk to vendors, etc. I just don't want to drive 3 hours and find everyone leaving when we get there. :)

trularin 06-13-2006 06:40 PM

Gee Rick, handing out stickers?????

I didn't check, but I figured you might know seeing how you are on here all the time with the event just days away, do you know if Hersch is coming or Bernie?

I'm sure Brent will be fine. Brent if you get this before we talk, try for Friday night if ya can.

rdorman 06-14-2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Rick, will we still get to participate in some of the "festivities" on Saturday? I was hoping to get a lot of time to just talk to other CC members....check out their cars...talk to vendors, etc. I just don't want to drive 3 hours and find everyone leaving when we get there. :)

You are welcome to participate in anything you like! We will be in London from 9 until after 3, back to the hotels for the party starting at 5:30.

hey,littlecobra 06-14-2006 05:52 AM

Brent- You should be fine to visit with lots of folks on Saturday.

If you are wanting a RIDE to London, you should be at the hotels by 7-8, as they leave to 'stage' at a truck stop a few miles away. Otherwise, just head to London on your own, park on a side street, and just walk up and down Main street. You will have 'hundreds' of people to chat with, and take a look at their setups, and get tons of info.

As far as your dad getting a ride, for $10 he can get the best thrill ride- burnout down Main street!

rdorman 06-14-2006 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trularin
Gee Rick, handing out stickers?????

I didn't check, but I figured you might know seeing how you are on here all the time with the event just days away, do you know if Hersch is coming or Bernie?

I'm sure Brent will be fine. Brent if you get this before we talk, try for Friday night if ya can.

Not 'handing' them out but they will be available for sale! I don't think Hersh is going to be able to make it because of things he needs to take care of at the moment but you never know! Bernie, I recall he was checking out something different this year but I don't recall what it was.

blykins 06-14-2006 07:04 AM

You coming HLC?

trularin 06-14-2006 07:49 AM

Stickers, not tickets. :D

rdorman 06-14-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trularin
Stickers, not tickets. :D

Yep, both for sale... DVDs as well.

hey,littlecobra 06-14-2006 08:12 AM

nah, 'fraid not. :( I've got to get my boys thru Scouts, and then I get a bit of free time. They go to scout camp then, and man it was a challenge last year getting it all together. The troop is thinking of changing the week they go to camp to the 3rd week- that would be great with me!
I bummed rides the whole weekend last year- very nice of the guys to let me tag along. You're going to have to leave home pretty early Saturday to get to the hotel, just to bum a ride. Give the burnouts a try! :D I would give ya a ride if i was bringing my cobra! ;)

Have fun! It's worth the trip. :)

ROUSHAC 06-14-2006 04:29 PM

This thread sort of got sidetracked a little, didn't it? :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE

Cheers!
Dave