Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   London Cobra Show (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/london-cobra-show/)
-   -   '07 Mid Ohio Cobra Driving School (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/london-cobra-show/75668-07-mid-ohio-cobra-driving-school.html)

Godzila 01-05-2007 08:09 AM

'07 Mid Ohio Cobra Driving School

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...ramidohio3.jpg

Well, we are pleased to report that we had a very successful meeting with the Director of the Mid Ohio School program last night.

For many reasons(primarily a race the following weekend) the School will be Tuesday and Wednesday the 19th and 20th of June, the week of LCS

The schedule will be similar to last years school providing great opportunity for the novice thru advanced drivers in separate run groups.

The Great part, the price is only $300 per student, same as last year. That is a heck of a bargain for top notch professional instruction and lots of track time and handling drills

Heres the schedule as of now

Tuesday June 19th
7:00 AM-8:00 Intro and Drivers meeting
8:00-11:15 Paddock and corner drills rotation
11:15-12:00 Lunch
12:00-12:45 Class instruction
12:45-1:45 track
1:45-5:30 Break/class/paddock drills/autoX
5:30-6:00-Class Briefing
6;00-8:45-Lapping follow the leader by groups
8:45-9:00- parade laps for wives/kids/friends

Wednesday June 20th
7:30 -8:00 Drivers meeting
8:00-9:45 Open lapping by groups 15 Minute sessions
Break
12:15-1:45 Open lapping by groups 15 Min sessions

Note the food concession stand will be open for breakfast lunch and dinner on Tuesday and for breakfast and lunch on Wednesday at your cost
The Hotels Exit #165 off of I71
Quality Inn & Suites Group Rate $ 93 Only 12 smoking rooms Call 419-886-7000
Comfort INN Group Rate $109 Non smoking facility Call 419-886-4000
Book under the COBRA DRIVING SCHOOL

You will be required to pass a Tech inspection on your cars which will be held at the Quality Inn hotel on Monday evening from 6-9 PM, Details will follow.

Your Helmet must be inspected and be Snell 2000 or higher, M rated are acceptable, but SA is recommended. DOT helmets only are not acceptable

Also you will be required to sign a waiver upon entering the track

Last year we had 44 students at the School, everyone spoke very highly of the instruction and value that this school provided. This year we anticipate many returns and many new students. The limit will be 75 cars.This is a great venue for safely exploring your car and will certainly enhance your driving skills

Note this is NOT an Ohio Cobra Club Event, we are only coordinating same . This is a MId Ohio Driving School Event and all funds collected by them and all instruction and decision by them.

Registration is now open for the School Call Mid Ohio 1-877-793-8667
Waiver and requirement Documents will be emailed to you at registration
Additional Details will follow and be posted herein

rdorman 01-05-2007 08:14 AM

Way To Go Steve!!!:)

Flyin_Freddie 01-05-2007 08:19 AM

Awwwwwww....yeah!

THAT'S WHAT AHM TALKIN' 'BOUT....!

Great...soon as we have the sign up stuff ready, I'M IN!

I had a GREAT time last year, and I'm looking to an even better time again this year! Maybe we won't need our scuba tanks this year, huh?

I'll get the margarita machine all tuned up, too... Where's everyone staying this year? We stayed at the "other" hotel last year - on the left side of the road...which one was that? Quality, or Comfort? Comfort, I think, but I've slept since then. Someone help me....I've fallen and I can't get up.!!! :o

rdorman 01-05-2007 08:46 AM

I think I am going to stay at the Hampton this year... I had better get off my butt before all the rooms are gone!

rob frink 01-05-2007 08:50 AM

Godzila 01-05-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Hey, who's that in the Green Mamba holding up traffic?
Keep it up Frinkie, you may find yourself way behind a lowly Red/Black miniblock this year!

Godzila 01-05-2007 11:29 AM

Registration is now open for the School Call Mid Ohio 1-877-793-8667

dlampe 01-05-2007 02:27 PM

Would you share your Mid-Ohio contact info with me? When we were there last year I spoke with one of the instructors about private lessons. He said they would be happy to do it for a price. I thought maybe the day before would be a good opportunity.

Thanks,
Dean

ROUSHAC 01-05-2007 03:59 PM

Sounds great -count me in!

I'll call on Monday.

Thanks for all your efforts!!!

Cheers!
Dave

bnewell 01-05-2007 04:47 PM

Kumpie ~ thanks the for info this evening......and many thanks for the drinks at the "Man-Hole".

I must admit though, I enjoy hanging out with Linda much more than you.....LOL!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!

Godzila 01-06-2007 08:49 AM

Quote:

Would you share your Mid-Ohio contact info with me? When we were there last year I spoke with one of the instructors about private lessons. He said they would be happy to do it for a price. I thought maybe the day before would be a good opportunity.
Dean,
Call the number posted and ask for Patty, she can most likely hook you up, If not successful there, email me pasngas@bright.net and I will reply with other contacts
Thanks
Steve

Godzila 01-09-2007 06:43 AM

Added the Hotel Group discount rate and phone numbers you must mention that you are booking under the Cobra Driving School
Suggest you make your reservations ASAP as this is a race week
Seeya there
Kumpie

Godzila 01-16-2007 06:00 AM

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Number of cars will be limited, so suggest you get in now.

ROUSHAC 01-16-2007 06:06 PM

Done!

Cheers!
Dave

bnewell 01-16-2007 06:23 PM

Kumpie ~ I'm waiting for the weather report.......hold me a spot;) ;)

Godzila 01-17-2007 06:16 AM

No spots being held first come first served, you snooze you loose, early birds get the worms, a stitch in time saves nine, get the point......be there or be nowhere!**)

FFCobra.com 01-24-2007 11:39 AM

I just signed up!

rdorman 01-24-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFCobra.com
I just signed up!

Bill, what car are you bringing this year?

Todd Baumann 01-24-2007 02:56 PM

I will be there again. Signing up in the morning first thing.

Bill,
Best be bringing the GT if you did pick it up this year.
Todd

Flyin_Freddie 02-06-2007 02:00 PM

I'm in....reservations made at Quality Inn & Suites....and at Mid-Ohio. Margarita machine's gettin' fresh rings, bearings, and valve guides...bigger cam, too...MORE POWER...!

Can't wait... Is it June yet?