Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks OCC!

Again this year, you guys were great. Clearly, the event takes a huge amount of work. Don't think, however, that others don't notice and appreciate all your labor. On the way home, I stopped in Dayton to gas up and a group of people gathered around the car to ask questions and take pictures. I summarized the weekend's activities and mentioned that one of the primary goals was to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis research. A man stepped forward and shoved a $20 bill in my hand and said he wanted to be a part of the effort too. (Yes, I'll put it in the mail.) So, as you can see, it's more than a lot of self-indulgent fun for us adults. Perfect strangers applaud your efforts too.

I'll be the first to say it for next year. We all need to help out the OCC guys and take a shift on the charity ride work crew or sell tickets or work in the registration tent or find some other way to help out. These guys work for a year to prepare the show and then never get to enjoy it themselves because they're too busy working. something to think about...

Thanks again, everyone! I had a great time.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Classic Roadster 418W
Not Ranked     

We just arrived home from the LCS, and want to send our appreciation to everyone involved in the event. We agree with Dirty Harry that if we would just help a little, it would help the volunteers alot. It was a great show, we had a great time, and we look forward to next year!

Gary and Debbie Egert
Old 06-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

ditto.......an OUTSTANDING event .......my appreciation to OCC members, event staff,family and friends who put so much effort into this event over such a long time . The good news ? the prior planning paid out in an excellent execution ...

it is about the cars a little , about the friends more - which gets elevated when so many can come forward to a joint cause of trying to help others less fortunate .

Bravo bravo ..........now, start planning for 2008 as this past weekend is yesterdays' newspaper now ! LOL> Bill
Old 06-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Yep: Another great event! I attended #'s 2,3,4; missed 5 & 6, really enjoyed #7 and am also looking forward to next year. Many thanks to the OCC guys and gals who made it possible.

Gary: Hope you and Deb didn't miss the exit this year. I took I-39 up to I-88 and stayed on the Interstate almost all the way home. Got a little wet...

Lowell
Old 06-25-2007, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotic
Not Ranked     

My wife and I went to our first all Cobra show at London...awesome!!!!As organized as any show I have ever been to in the past...met some really great car owners and a BUNCH of wannabe's..and that is what is all about..getting more owners...great cause...when will final $'s be posted? I like the idea of putting next years raffle car up rite now...hope they have to print 10,000 more tickets. Food was great...I guess I didn't have my hearing aid turned on..what are the dates for next year so I can make motel reservations?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley CT-427, 357W, TKO600,
Not Ranked     

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!
I am so glad I was able to attend (even if it was only for Saturday).
I talked with so many great people and was able to speak to each manufacturer I had on my list. The best part is that EVERYONE was not just friendly, but cheerful. I'll admit I bent a few ears asking people how they did this or that, but I tried to keep my inquiries short.

This event was the best organized of it's kind I've been to in a long, long time.
Thanks to all involved and thanks for a great time. I'll be able to participate by next years show, and I really look forward to it.

Duff
Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique,302
Not Ranked     
Default Absolutely

wonderful.High point for me was working with Rick Dorman,s children waving all the cars into speedway for the final leg to London. Grace and Joe--we were going to count the cars coming in, well we talked too much and didn,t do very well, Grace wants to learn how to talk southern and Joe wants to learn how to talk like they do in New York.So, now you can see how the car count went.Thank you all, most outstanding. Will-alabama
Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Thanks folks! It is always great to see old friends and make some new ones. Aside from the charity aspect, this is the main reason for the event, friends. Hard coming back to work this morning, I am still not recovered! Not in my 20's any more and can't hang like I used to!

The event is always the weekend after fathers day. Easiest way to remember it. So, June 20-22 2008.

It will take a while to know the final $'s. Have to wait for all the bills to roll in, checks to clear, budget for next year, etc. But, I think it is pretty safe to say we will set a new record.

We LOVE Volunteers! Jump in any time. We do work ALL year long trying to make things as smooth as possible. Always a few hickups, we just hope they are small ones. We will be reviewing the event front to back looking for areas of improvement for next year.

Tickets will be up for sale for the 2008 raffle car soon. Just check our website now and again. Plus we will be taking the car to all the biggest shows trying to top this year!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile Thanks OCC and everyone who had anything to do will LCS 07

We had a great time

Thanks to everyone who had "anything" to do with this event.

The food was great. Enjoyed the speakers. I did not bring the raffle Cobra back to Alabama but I bought tickets for next years car. I might not win but I've got good numbers! I met a lot of great people. John from Az with 20,000 miles on a 14 month old Cobra! This year Ohio's best did not pull us over for a butt chewing. We did better this year. See ya next year, John

I took this pic Friday morning. I think it shows that it's hard to stop us from enjoying ourselves at the LCS.

Will, glad to meet you. We will try to get together in Alabama soon.

We drove over 500 miles home, about 80 of it in the rain. We stopped for 4 hours in Ky to wait for the rain south of us to pass. Still had a great time and we will be back next year. Thanks again to all the people who help make this a week to remember.

Dwight

Last edited by Dwight; 06-25-2007 at 08:16 AM..