Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   London Cobra Show (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/london-cobra-show/)
-   -   LCS BBQ Thursday (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/london-cobra-show/84375-lcs-bbq-thursday.html)

Godzila 01-14-2008 08:06 AM

LCS BBQ Thursday

NEW EVENT London Cobra Show
Here's the deal
On Thursday we are having an Informal BBQ challenge.
The OCC is challinging all Q' men and Master Grillers to a challenge, who's got the best meat....:eek: .......we do, You think you got better bring it on!

So if you are trailering in, bring your smoker grill, cooker and best recipe for Ribs, brisket, sausage, chikin, pulled pork , brats burgers and weenies.

Food will be available to all LCS attendees for purchase with proceeds donated to the CFF kitty, That way you can stay right on campus and not need to venture out for eats

Also there will be a contest for best grillin / Q'in drink be they Maargarita, Red beer, Mint julip

We also want everyone to bring their Cornhole........:eek: .......there will be a tournamet to determine who is the best cornholer..........lawn darts (soft point since alcohol may be involved) frisbees, bocci and any other lawn game , and someone will figgure out how to create a tournament outa all that stuff

So the challenge is on The OCC says they got the best meat, Flyin Freddie of the Mephis Mafia disagrees, how 'bout Texas, Chicago, Alabama?? show us your equipment and bring it on

Since this was my idear, I get to pick the judges....:eek: ........and I can be bought (think single malt scotch for starters):D

http://www.ohiocobraclub.com/images/KUMP-04S.JPG

http://www.ohiocobraclub.com/images/KUMP-cook9.JPG

imagine2frolic 01-14-2008 08:21 AM

Is that a locomotive, or a BBQ?

geniusjim 01-14-2008 04:29 PM

Is this instead of the one in the parking lot on Thursday night?

I plan to be there all week, Sunday to Sunday.
Registered today.
Jim

Godzila 01-15-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Is that a locomotive, or a BBQ?
It's a road tar heater, btw show us your equipment, but we DO NOT want to see your secret sausages:LOL:

Quote:

Is this instead of the one in the parking lot on Thursday night?
Just who is th e genius here, Jim are you trying to confuse me??...................'splain me Lucy!**)

Flyin_Freddie 01-15-2008 12:07 PM

Barbecue Contest....oh, I Am So In...!

Weeeeelllll Dogggeeeeee....lookee here, boys....some Yankee thinks he knows how t' "Barbecue".....looks lahk we needs to remind dis ol' boy where the World's Championship Barbecue Contest is held each May, don'we...?

http://www.memphisite.com/memphisinmay/bbqfest.html

We've even had Willard C. Scott and Al Roker from NBC's "Today" show come visit live on the air at this cook off.

Okay, Kumpie...you can "Grill"....(barbecue is a NOUN...and it's always Pork....) I'll give ya that. You had some fine tastin' beef at last years LCS, no doubt....but can ya smoke pork on that contraption of yourn....? I mean...hell...I knowed you can throw some pig on there....but do ya know whacher doin'....?

I'm thinkin' my ribs'll make your judges declare the Southern boys....particularly me....the undisputed Barbecue King of LCS....

Oh, I'm in alright....I am SO IN....

Besides...this is sorta like takin' LCS back to it's roots...when it was a chocolate chip cookie recipe contest...anyone remember those first 2 DVSF events...? This is gonna be some fun...smokin' pork....spending some time with friends...have'n a couple of dozen cocktails...can't beat it...

Godzila 01-15-2008 12:13 PM

Yup Freddie I guess I didn't get this big on Scotch alone, :LOL: There's a bunch of pig fat that has passed these lips;)

Yup I kin do Ribs AND pulled pork with the Best of them,......................heck I wonder how this dang Yankee got so good at cookin,...................well shoot man, ....... I wonder now, ........

you just might be My Daddy! whooooeeeehhhh

imagine2frolic 01-15-2008 12:57 PM

Yes, indeed this will be very interesting....VERY INTERESTING!!!:LOL: :LOL: If I do get the chance to make it. You can be assured I won't expose my sausage unless it's on a PLATE!!!!!!%/ :LOL: :LOL: :p

Godzila 01-16-2008 06:08 AM

The only place we want to see your sausage is on a Fork!:LOL:

Nantucket427 01-16-2008 06:59 AM

Where and When?

Thursday night, but where are you going to setup and about what time?

I don't want to miss this.

Godzila 01-16-2008 07:33 AM

This will most likely be a day long meandering event, I hope to have the "pit" there and cookin before noon, likely in the grass field across from the Hampton, so at the end of the day I can easily find my way "home"....**)

imagine2frolic 01-16-2008 12:23 PM

OUCH!Godzila:o

Dwight 01-16-2008 03:38 PM

Bbq

The Alabama gang should arrive at the Hampton about noon Thursday. We will need a nap because we will leave Alabama about 10 o'clock Wed night. We drive all night real slow and take a lot of breaks. We have to feed Coach Mike about every hour.:LOL:

If we see smoke in the field across from the motel, can we drop in for a bite to eat? We have money.

We are certified BBQ tasters:LOL:

Dwight

edit

Do we need to bring some pork ribs? I forgot you guys are in Ohio.
Tell them Freddie, pork = BBQ BBQ=pork

dkinemond 01-16-2008 05:25 PM

Are you pullin that road tar heater with your cobra?

stiffy 01-17-2008 01:34 AM

Judge

As per the rpevious thread (before the server died) I will offer my services (if they are required) to Judge the BBQ competition.....;) ;)

STIFFY

P.S. I will bring my own sausage:D :D

Godzila 01-17-2008 05:04 AM

Quote:

If we see smoke in the field across from the motel, can we drop in for a bite to eat? We have money.

We are certified BBQ tasters

Dwight
Dwight hopefully there will be smoke by then? but do not expect to be tucked into bed for your nap, though....................:)

lovehamr 01-22-2008 07:08 AM

All this talk about "cornholes" and "secret sausage" is starting to get me worried. Is this contest going to take place in a prison?:eek: If you guys start talking about special sauce I'm outa here!:3DSMILE:

Steve

Godzila 01-29-2008 10:15 AM

OK who besides Flyin Freddie is takin up this challenge, how bout it clubs Windy City?? Kentucky, Capital Area?

Who else is in for an afternoon of grillin, drinkin and lawn games??

Who /which club wants to volunteer to set up the lawn games?? Cornhole Contest? Lawn darts? Frisbee, We gonna need some help to pull this off . Who else is in?

Pie eating contest/watermelon, wet t-shirt?jello wrestling?.........just some thoughts, let's make this a fun day

Flyin_Freddie 01-29-2008 10:32 AM

Kumpie....I'm thinkin' we'll have a lot of "tasters" and not many "cookers"... Ain't it always the truth...?

Let me put it quite simply...Kumpie and I will not...repeat, WILL NOT....once more for emphasis WILL NOT...be able to provide enough food for everyone. I know Kumpie...and he knows me...we'll provide as much as we can for a donation to the CF Foundation. But...neither of us will be prepared to feed the entire gathering on Thursday PM.

So...if you wanna participate...jump on in here....the water's fine...and the animals won't bite... C'mon Down...let's make this some fun for everyone. If you're bringing a trailer, throw your grill in the back and pick up something to cook. It doesn't have to be elaborate....look at what the Windy City crowd does and how much fun they have doing it... This sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon...

I'm lookin' forward to it... I can already smell those smells driftin' across the parking lots...!

ooooops....was that me? My apologies...

Godzila 01-29-2008 10:48 AM

Freddie you was thinkin what I wuz thinkin,( yeah you just might be My Daddy:eek:)
WE going to need help to feed this crew, there's over 80 cars registered so far, which indicates a pretty good crowd, and the most I've fed with the tarheater is 150 or so....................................somuns gonna go hungy fer sure if we don't get this thing fired up, and speakin of smells, .........BBQ that is................ when that ol smoker gets to churnin and the juices start to flowin I'm tellin ya it will draw a crowd from many miles just to see what kinda sweet meat is gettin served up............. so Let's go, ya'll sign onto this train, and lets hear what you're bringin to this picnic?

...... and did I tell you Santa Brought me a Cornhole game for Christmas?? "tis ceratinly a drinking gentleman's kinda game:)

Flyin_Freddie 01-29-2008 12:44 PM

Y'know...Kumpie....ol' friend....we gotta find another name for the "Cornhole" game.

Down hee-yah in de South..."cornhole" takes on an entirely different meanin'....if y'catch m'drift. :eek:

We gotta work on dat name, bro... :rolleyes: