Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Lone Star Classics---Speak with Dennis & Steve

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By LSC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2015, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Setting The Record Straight

Dear LSC Customers,

I’m sharing this statement to set the record straight regarding Lone Star Classics, its history and recent events leading to its closure. I purchased Lone Star Classics from Stephen Newmark in 2007 after working at the company for nine years. I was the sole owner from 2007-2013. In 2013, I was approached with a proposal to purchase Lone Star Classics. I would remain as an employee within the new company.

After selling Lone Star Classics, a new entity was formed called LSC Motors LLC. They resumed manufacturing operations under the new name. By the third quarter of 2014, LSC Motors LLC, chose to discontinue funding operations. As a result, they breached the purchase agreement for Lone Star Classics and left customer orders unfulfilled.

There were a handful of customers caught up in the wake of this development. I was technically not responsible for these customers. However, I felt a strong sense of obligation towards them as it was the right thing to do. The component vehicle community is a family that has supported me over the years. If I could help these new customers then I’d find a way. I temporarily resumed Lone Star Classics to fulfill these orders to the best of my ability. After doing so, Lone Star Classics officially closed its doors in February 2015.

The facility housing Lone Star Classics was taken over by a new entity, Ultimate Classic Cars, LP. They began business in March 2015. They DID NOT buyout Lone Star Classics and have no affiliation, claim or connection to the history of the original Lone Star Classics other than acquiring tooling equipment and a handful of former employees.

It’s important for all Lone Star Classics customers to know that they can call me directly with concerns regarding their vehicles. I solely possess all necessary documentation including Bills of Sale, MCO's and VIN's for all Lone Star Customers. If you are NOT a Texas resident please contact me for these documents. If you ARE a Texas resident currently in the assembly process you will need to contact me once your car is ready for it's 1st safety inspection & I will supply you with the necessary documents to have completed so that I can Register/Title your Cobra for you.

I have an unwavering passion towards our community as I’ve built my entire professional career upon it. With over 18 years of experience as a manufacturer I have decided to take a different approach into a new venture. I’ve applied my expertise into the formation of a publishing company that will produce a science based digital magazine. Component Car Science Magazine (HOME /Component Car Science Magazine) will dedicate itself to the component car industry and all hand built vehicles. Manufacturers will now have an “insider” covering stories about the intricate craftsmanship and applied sciences they take pride in, yet often find difficult to expose to customers. Component Car Science Magazine will not only serve companies already advertising in industry specific publications, but also shed light on the ENTIRE industry at large!

Component Car Science Magazine’s “unconventional” philosophy will correctly place the “horse before the carriage” by ensuring attention is also given to companies with limited advertising budgets. This approach will enable these companies product exposure as a result of our editorial coverage. This was how it was done when Kit Car Illustrated Magazine once donned the shelves of major supermarkets. When KCI discontinued publishing Kit Car Illustrated Magazine the impact was felt throughout the entire industry. Component Car Science Magazine will seek to be a game changer by reversing this trend and ushering in a renewed focus long overdue for our industry.

Thank you for taking the time to read this statement. Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries at 817.439.5721 or via email at Brian@CompCarSci.com.

Last edited by LSC; 11-25-2015 at 05:02 PM..
Old 03-28-2016, 12:45 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Loan Star
Neutral     

Hi Brian great post. I sennt you an email.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra n Vettes, 1966 Cobray C-3 running gear, 355 SBC TH-400
Not Ranked     

Hi Brian - I just picked up a Lone Star cobra frame - any leads on a body or recommendations for a body that would fit - Thanks in advance