Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Long Island Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/long-island-cobras/)
-   -   Lunch after Columbus Center (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/long-island-cobras/72821-lunch-after-columbus-center.html)

roush664 09-14-2006 06:55 AM

Lunch after Columbus Center

i have spoke to a couple of guys about having lunch at the Classic Car Cafe instead of me doing another BBQ at Nicks. One of the Guys thought that we should make it for October 1st since we will all be out from out blast into Manhattan. the thought here is that we go back to the beach after Columbus Center and then we go to the Classic Car Cafe for lunch. i was looking to have them serve burgers, chicken fingers and hot dogs and salad. i'm looking for the owner to give us a fixed price for this and then have a cash bar for those of us who tend to go for the harder stuff, you know who you are!!!
what do you guys thing, i want to stop by and set this up this weekend if i hear back from enough of you.
Bobby

Tony Aprile 09-14-2006 10:23 AM

Well I know Compy and Pat will be there...will there be a burnout session afterwards ????

BCompy 09-14-2006 11:49 AM

OK I have found a meeting of AA. I decided to add my own A and wound up at the Automobile Club of America, and they served drinks.

Pat and I have taken enough abuse. We are selling our cars and buying Corvettes . How fast can you go in one of those barges?

Can you hear the spoon from the grenade pop?

Lets get a count saturday and see whoes up for this?

JAM1775 09-14-2006 01:12 PM

Can a driver, a passenger and Jack Daniels fit in the same Cobra ?
Sounds like a good burger plan to me !

Andrew 09-15-2006 10:02 AM

count me in on the whole day.

roush664 09-16-2006 11:14 AM

here is the story on lunch, i spoke to Bernie last night and he has offered a $20 a person charge for all you can eat on his limited menu of burgers, chicken fingers, and a few other finger type foods and soft drinks. i think this is a great deal for all of us and if the club is in agreement maybe we can use some of our dues money and make it a little cheaper than $20. i need to get feed back guys, is this something that at lease most of us want to do?
Bobby

JAM1775 09-16-2006 07:11 PM

Count me in Bobby. Thanks.

P Martin 09-18-2006 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAM1775
Can a driver, a passenger and Jack Daniels fit in the same Cobra ?
Sounds like a good burger plan to me !

Yes. Only if you replace the nitrous bottle with a barrel of JD. Then re-route the lines to the cockpit. As you can see I've given this some thought.

MY 401K 09-20-2006 10:20 AM

Bobby,
If you estimate 20+ guys showing up, my suggestion is that the club pick-up $ 10.00 per member that shows up at the Classic Cafe since we will not be doing a Bar-B-Q this fall. BTW, we also start giving Nick $125.00 per month for HEAT beginning October 1st thru April 30th. Are we going to the beach directly from the city or is there another plan in the making ??. Let's hope the weather is good.
John

roush664 09-20-2006 03:28 PM

John,
I will be out of town this weekend so if you don't mind can you speak to Pat and the guys about what the club wants to put in the kiddy for the lunch.
The plan is to go right to the beach from the city and then to the classic car cafe by noon.
Bobby

P Martin 09-22-2006 09:50 AM

hey guys,

Bobby would like some feedback from everyone regarding Lunch at Classic Car Cafe after the Columbus Circle run. It will be alot of fun. If anyone needs details I'll be at Nick's in the am.

Nickpz1 09-23-2006 03:44 PM

Bobby I'n in!
Thanks

JAM1775 09-23-2006 04:09 PM

Pat.........Myself and John B. are in for the lunch . Tx

roush664 10-05-2006 05:05 PM

Here is the update on lunch at the classic car cafe Sunday at noon. I stop by tonight and spoke with Bernie about putting out a buffet instead of ordering off the limited menu. what we came up for the buffet is,
burgers with sides of onions, lettuce and tomato and pickles. penne ala vodka, chicken marsala with rice and salad. as far as drinks go he will offer us juice, soda an coffee and tea. this is all for $20 a person. we will need to kick in to tip the waitress and bartender.
I need to give Bernie a head count by Saturday evening so please make it a point to let me know if you will be attending.
thanks
Bobby

Nickpz1 10-05-2006 06:03 PM

Sounds good. Im in!
Nick

P Martin 10-05-2006 10:16 PM

Bob, you know I'm in too!!

JAM1775 10-06-2006 05:16 AM

I will be at the Hunter Mnt Octoberfest this weekend so i will not make this rain date run/lunch. Thanks again Bobby and I hope you guys have awesome weather !!:cool:

ERA-FIA 10-06-2006 06:10 AM

Bob, I'll be there if I can catch a ride. I'll be asking around tomorrow.

Joe

JCoop 10-06-2006 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA-FIA
Bob, I'll be there if I can catch a ride. I'll be asking around tomorrow.

Joe

Joe, aren't you up here near me in Glen Head or Roslyn? If so, you're welcome to the right seat! I can't go to the apre' run festivities, I'm driving all the way out East to switch toys but you're welcome to that too. (the GT40's got a right seat too :p )

ERA-FIA 10-06-2006 06:45 AM

Thanks for the offer Ray, but I'll be coming from closer to the south shore out near Nick's.