14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 12:56 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     
Default "No,No,No"

Amy Winehouse is "No,No,No" longer.

Dead at 27.

Last edited by 392cobra; 07-23-2011 at 02:10 PM..
Old 07-23-2011, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

ok who the hell is amy winehouse
Old 07-23-2011, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine
Not Ranked     

The latest member of the 27 Club.
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 07-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Hate to sound cold, but it's about freeking time.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

She's somebody's daughter. And while they may have seen this coming for a long time, it won't lessen the pain. My 19 year son is a musician. And while I can say that he has been raised to the absolute best of our ability, best home, best school, raised in church, there is a darkness that clouds him that I can't take away that's been there since he was two years old. I can see his life end one day like this sad girl... and it scares me.

Don't judge this girl. Fame does things to people that many, if not most, can never overcome.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

...and when they're glorified by the media and their own egos, you have to wonder how many other daughters or sons are pulled down by their antics. At least there's a lesson to be learned by inevitable situations.

We've got extended family members (young and old) that have wasted some or all of their lives as well...seems to me nobody has an opinion more righteous than anothers.

I will judge this waste of a life. I'm a bit less patient in these days of our collective bending over backwards until we break our backs.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

I think I will wait to comment on this until morning when I'm sober.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
Sober? Please explain this concept to me.

There are numeous tatoo artists mourning as one of their "go to" clients has cashed out. Eventually she would have been blue...................

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 07-23-2011, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
This is wisdom, and I'd do well to heed it more often.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default I'm not a cold and heartless person but...

Amy Winehouse made St. Lucia her "home away from home" for a couple of years and her antics and behavior disgusted me to my core.

She frequented a fishing village in the north of the island that's a popular eating and watering area and she was infamous for pulling stunts like invading private groups or conversations and slapping complete strangers who either didn't know/care who she was or weren't prepared to tolerate her intrusions. Her bodyguards and handlers whisked her away more than once kicking and cursing to save her from getting the ass-kicking that might have done her a world of good earlier on in life. When I saw her at or near one of my watering holes I kept on driving - nothing good would have come from having any interaction with her or her entourage.

I grant that it is a sad and tragic end for anyone's daughter, neice, cousin or friend. I also say that the people mourning her death now should have seen it coming and intervened long before it got to this.

What disgusts me more than the way people like Amy Winehouse behave is the gaggle of enablers and parasites that surround them, encouraging and excusing their outrageous behavior in order to remain in good favour so they can feed off the crumbs that scatter in the wake of the impending train wreck. That's the essence of the tragedy right there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Hate to sound cold, but it's about freeking time.
Even her family has stated it was just a matter of time.

It's a shame a lot of people are carrying on so about her "untimely" death. She had free will and chose her path even with all the help that was offered to her.

I hope she will be viewed as the drug addict/alcoholic she was and held as an example of what happens when you choice to live your life like that.

She had the gift of life and she flushed it down the toilet.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by crASH View Post
She's somebody's daughter. And while they may have seen this coming for a long time, it won't lessen the pain. My 19 year son is a musician. And while I can say that he has been raised to the absolute best of our ability, best home, best school, raised in church, there is a darkness that clouds him that I can't take away that's been there since he was two years old. I can see his life end one day like this sad girl... and it scares me.

Don't judge this girl. Fame does things to people that many, if not most, can never overcome.
Did something happen to him at two years old or was something noticed at that time? There are people that are out there, sort of like the walking wounded - either some event or several events just happened or they are simply wired a certain way that results in self destruction. Turning that around is often impossible. I wish your son well.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Amy Winehouse made St. Lucia her "home away from home" for a couple of years and her antics and behavior disgusted me to my core.

She frequented a fishing village in the north of the island that's a popular eating and watering area and she was infamous for pulling stunts like invading private groups or conversations and slapping complete strangers who either didn't know/care who she was or weren't prepared to tolerate her intrusions. Her bodyguards and handlers whisked her away more than once kicking and cursing to save her from getting the ass-kicking that might have done her a world of good earlier on in life. When I saw her at or near one of my watering holes I kept on driving - nothing good would have come from having any interaction with her or her entourage.

I grant that it is a sad and tragic end for anyone's daughter, neice, cousin or friend. I also say that the people mourning her death now should have seen it coming and intervened long before it got to this.

What disgusts me more than the way people like Amy Winehouse behave is the gaggle of enablers and parasites that surround them, encouraging and excusing their outrageous behavior in order to remain in good favour so they can feed off the crumbs that scatter in the wake of the impending train wreck. That's the essence of the tragedy right there.
Well stated.................the last 2 paragraphs says it all, nothing to add........

David
Old 07-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Buzz - you nailed it!